celtic Face 25 actions regarding Historic Abuse

52 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Supposedly the connections go to man City and Carlisle as well. 

This is a horrible situation and I can only hope the victims get justice to help the healing process. 

There may not be an appetite to go after the cross border stuff .That’s a criminal matter and the perpetrator down south is already jailed for a very long time anyway .

And our own justice system ,well less said about the better .Weak sentencing all because it’s a shame because they are now old men .😳

10 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

There may not be an appetite to go after the cross border stuff .That’s a criminal matter and the perpetrator down south is already jailed for a very long time anyway .

And our own justice system ,well less said about the better .Weak sentencing all because it’s a shame because they are now old men .😳

I think the sentences were excused because they were what was available at the time. 

There should be an appetite to get justice regardless of what happens and where it goes. 

17 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

No, it is because they have to be sentenced for what they are convicted of and what would have been the sentence at the time of the offences.

Had Torbett been convicted of more recent offences, he would probably die in jail.

35 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

No, it is because they have to be sentenced for what they are convicted of and what would have been the sentence at the time of the offences.

Had Torbett been convicted of more recent offences, he would probably die in jail.

How long ago did the sentences change ,

1 hour ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Did not know that 

Seems crazy, I’d think the sentences changed as recognition that they weren’t tough enough in respect to the severity of the crime and rightly so.... should be irrelevant when you committed the crime. 

1 hour ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Sexual offences first moved away from common law in 1995 then in 2009. Penalties can be tougher now due to attitude change etc

Highly unlikely anything after 1995 ,

Strange looking back on offences like this back in the day ,there was a huge change in public attitude around 2000,Us older people should be ashamed that it wasn’t as unacceptable back in the day .

I remember an incident in mid 90s where I guy the same age as me set up a boys club and within months it became clear his motives .He was viewed as a weirdo to most except the parents who turned up at his work one day to give him a hiding .He escaped through the back door and was never seen again .Turns out he fled to Manchester and carried on offending down there are I saw him in the paper a few years later .

21 hours ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Sadly there is a presumption against retrospective action so they have to base it on when the offence was committed.

Personally I would castrate folks like this with a spoon, a razorblade and no anaesthetic or pain relief. Options open to the survivors to watch this being done.

Flayed and inched till nothing left for me. 👍

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

What the victims want and deserve is acknowledgement of what happened to them. Someone from that scumbag club to come out finally admit it happened under their watch and they failed.

However decades ago they made their choice to deny victims that. They cared and still do care more about their club image than protecting young children. 

That we are here decades later and they still hide behind excuses like separate entity is disgusting. 

I hope these victims get justice and the acknowledgement they deserve

Then I hope that scumbag club has to pay them massive amounts of compensation. No longer able to hide behind their lies. 

That’s all many of the victims wanted was an apology .All bar one of the convicted have continued with their stance of not guilty .Only one has apologised .Maybe if they admitted their crimes and apologised that would have helped some of the survivors.

1 hour ago, GM63 said:

The abusers, will never admit guilt or apologise for their despicable behaviour as that hands the power to the poor victims. This refusal to own up keeps what they did fresh in their memories and keeps the abused still suffering, its what they want those harmed to live in a perpetual Groundhog Day, now as the pederasts are nullified by age and prison its the only power the rat bastards have left and they cling to it.

The only exception has been the one who handed himself into police in NI shortly after the allegations came out against Bennel .There are connections between him and Bennel but as of yet haven’t been exposed as of yet .

10 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

The only exception has been the one who handed himself into police in NI shortly after the allegations came out against Bennel .There are connections between him and Bennel but as of yet haven’t been exposed as of yet .

I’m sure Bennel’s litany of horrid abuse didn’t stop at the Granada services on the M6, nor did those from that club stop at those shitey southbound services on the A74 (now M74). There is a definite link there, surely some agency or hungry journalist has these links in their sights. 

2 hours ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Fit to stand trial ONLY applies to mental health. Arrangements can be made for physical impairments. If deemed unfit for trial the case goes on in a different way known as an examination of the facts. Although the accused is not formally convicted, witnesses give evidence, the court decides if the facts are established or not and then disposes of the case so there is still a finding of responsibility and a sentence.

Only death will let him escape criminal liability but not necessary civil liability.

Can't they give a Zoom-like connection to the jail and give him a virtual trial?

9 hours ago, 72barca said:

In these virtual courts can he be compelled to give his evidence and hence found criminally liable if the evidence warrants a conviction?

If it is a trial there will be evidence. NO accused can be forced to give evidence. They all have the right against self incrimimation.