James Tavernier - 100 Assists

Laudrup1984

9 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Rangers Da’s seem to hate him because they can’t get it into their pishy old heads that defending isn’t his first job. 

Every fan I know over the age of 40 hate him :lol: it’s definitely a generational thing.

10 hours ago, MorelosRangers said:

I can't believe the amount of pelters he gets every home game. Someone yesterday said after the line up was announced that he should be dropped. They obviously don't see what he contributes. Motherwell/St Mirren/Aberdeen and Ross County.... an assist or goal or both. That's just the last few games. 

Our fans are mental.

Did they slag Gazza Baxter and Cooper back in the day?

You can’t believe people were wanting someone who cost goals and not performing dropped?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
7 hours ago, ianferguson said:

A back 5 would see him in his best position with less onus on his defending, however his contribution to our revival is second to non and imo he's earned legendary status at our club. 

A back five that we have never ever played 

righty ho 

On 08/11/2021 at 23:13, SPWF said:

Rangers Da’s seem to hate him because they can’t get it into their pishy old heads that defending isn’t his first job. 

On 08/11/2021 at 23:22, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Every fan I know over the age of 40 hate him :lol: it’s definitely a generational thing.

where do posters get this nonsense from?

1 minute ago, ianferguson said:

My comment was on Tav's best position not Rangers best formation smart arse.

How do you know what his best position is then?

are you a professional coach?

Name a team he has played for that plays a back five?  

my point is is that it’s a mad comment to make with absolutely no foundation 

On 08/11/2021 at 23:22, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Well I'm in my 40s mate, and I've always liked Tav. Slated him now and again for certain performances but never "been on his back" So maybe your point is pish :lol:

7 hours ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Well I'm in my 40s mate, and I've always liked Tav. Slated him now and again for certain performances but never "been on his back" So maybe your point is pish :lol:

I don’t know you though so maybe my point isn’t. When I said everybody I know over the age of 40 I meant people I actually know - work, colleagues, family members, people in my local supporters club - not every single member of our support over the age of 40, and I stand by my point that it’s mainly a generational thing too. 

17 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I don’t know you though so maybe my point isn’t. When I said everybody I know over the age of 40 I meant people I actually know - work, colleagues, family members, people in my local supporters club - not every single member of our support over the age of 40, and I stand by my point that it’s mainly a generational thing too. 

I think the fans you know over 40 need frontal lobotomies. Tav is a diamond. 

2 hours ago, Misteral said:

I think the fans you know over 40 need frontal lobotomies. Tav is a diamond. 

You won’t find any disagreement of that assessment from me. :lol:

I zoned out of listening to them talking about how he can’t defend and he can’t stop a cross a long time ago.

The steady solid defensive full back is a thing of the past, it’s all about their attacking threat now and Tav is just about as good of a modern attack minded full back as we could hope to get.

Correct me if am wrong  but Going back a good few years ago didnt he make his debut v hibs away in about 2015ish..we won 2-6 at easter rd...and I thought sum player/potential way back then. 

2 minutes ago, Rlm said:

Correct me if am wrong  but Going back a good few years ago didnt he make his debut v hibs away in about 2015ish..we won 2-6 at easter rd...and I thought sum player/potential way back then. 

Given he pinged one into the top corner from an impossible angle that day, I think we all did.