Goldson

GOAT

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

How much is it going to cost us to replace him though because finding a good centre half, even at this level, doesn’t come cheap. 

He’s head and shoulders above Carter-Vickers and it’s being said celtic are going to have to pay 6 million for him. Celtic paid over 4 million for Starfelt and he’s dog shit. I think Goldson is far better than Helander is and we paid what, 3 million for him.

Everybody has an expectation that we are going to sign Doekhi, but I don’t think that’s the guarantee others do, so I think we would be better off giving Goldson what he’s after (within reason) and sticking with what we know. 

I'd imagine we've already offered him our top level though. Beyond that there's not much we can do.

It would be unusual to go this far into a contract before signing a new deal when his agent/him and the club have been in talks for the best part of a year.

I'd like him to sign a new deal but I just don't see it happening now.

10 minutes ago, MasterD said:

I'd imagine we've already offered him our top level though. Beyond that there's not much we can do.

It would be unusual to go this far into a contract before signing a new deal when his agent/him and the club have been in talks for the best part of a year.

I'd like him to sign a new deal but I just don't see it happening now.

Yeah if he was going to resign it would have been done by now. 

I'd be amazed if he hasn't been offered something on par with our highest earners. 

Reckon he'll end up back down south. 

10 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Yeah if he was going to resign it would have been done by now. 

I'd be amazed if he hasn't been offered something on par with our highest earners. 

Reckon he'll end up back down south. 

I could see him at Burnley. They will probably lose Tarkowski this summer and Goldson would be a great pick up for them whether they are still in the Premiership or wether they are mounting up for a championship charge to come straight back up.

1 hour ago, Hadron Collider said:

Meh, never a leader. A finger pointer. It’s everyone else’s fault when things fuck up with him. We will find better. He will never be at a better club than Rangers. It’s when he retires he will realize it. Build a spine Rangers and we will be ok. 

Wild.

1 hour ago, Hadron Collider said:

Meh, never a leader. A finger pointer. It’s everyone else’s fault when things fuck up with him. We will find better. He will never be at a better club than Rangers. It’s when he retires he will realize it. Build a spine Rangers and we will be ok. 

Frightening first sentence

Am sure Rangers would give Connor what he was after if it didn't reset the bar. If he wants 40kpw and we give him it any player could then ask for it that's the problem. 

I'd give him whatever he wants btw he's always fit and a leader of men 

I’m not a huge Goldson fan but that’s because I like big centre backs who will dominate in the air and he’s never going to be that guy. Losing concentration and disorganisation at the back is incredibly frustrating (although I appreciate that’s not all on him). Saying that - his range of passing is incredible and that’s not something that we’ll be able to replace. Think he’ll probably be even better in a less physical league