Goldson

GOAT

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

It can’t be Helander because he never gets a clear run because of injury, fitness etc.  so for that alone he isn’t our best CB.  

I could see your point if he’d played over 150 games in three seasons. But he hasn’t 

you can’t be the best at anything if you’re hardly ever doing that thing. 

Ability wise when he’s fit he’s better than Goldson. I can only assume Goldson plays so often because he picks up practically no injuries, because if our entire defence was that fortunate I wouldn’t even have him in the back 4

38 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Ability wise when he’s fit he’s better than Goldson. I can only assume Goldson plays so often because he picks up practically no injuries, because if our entire defence was that fortunate I wouldn’t even have him in the back 4

Mince. 

unfortunately the words “when he’s fit” will always be attributed to Helander. Which is why he is not out best CB. 

58 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

This is why I've stopped liking your posts. Used to respect you. Heartbreaking stuff imo.

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

He isn’t our best cb, that is Helander. Christ on a bike is all I can say if Goldson is the best we have 

It depends what you are judging this on. Heading ability, man marking, pace, agility, fitness, passing?

If so then its Goldson over Helander every day of the week.

I cant remember Helander playing for a run of 2 months straight for us. He has quality but isnt reliable. 

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

This is why I've stopped liking your posts. Used to respect you. Heartbreaking stuff imo.

I just don’t think he’s very good mate. One thing I will miss about him is the long diagonal balls he can hit, but genuinely that’s it. 

47 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I just don’t think he’s very good mate. One thing I will miss about him is the long diagonal balls he can hit, but genuinely that’s it. 

I don't know if any of our centre backs are that great man. Goldson is far from a complete defender but I just think he is the best of what we have. He is good in the air, decent at covering ground and decent in the tackle. He is also a ball playing defender like you mentioned. There have been games he's made a cunt of it but there's also been many games in Europe and domestically where he's been an absolute beast. I honestly think a lot of people would have a different perspective of him if he signed a new deal and there was no bad blood. 

Goldson is only as good as who he plays alongside. Ever present when our defence is a shambles or rock solid. Can all but guarantee a fully fit Helander means a rock solid defence. If Goldson was that great, would it matter who was alongside him?

5 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Goldson is only as good as who he plays alongside. Ever present when our defence is a shambles or rock solid. Can all but guarantee a fully fit Helander means a rock solid defence. If Goldson was that great, would it matter who was alongside him?

I’ve read that three times and tried out the scenarios in my head. but all I’m seeing is Goldson’s game time and goals conceded. 
he’s only really had rotating Bassey and Balagun. 🤷‍♀️

On 16/03/2022 at 10:07, .Williamson. said:

:lol: