Goldson

GOAT

18 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

If we're ever going to sign an ex scum player it would have to be a very good one that would have them frothing, not some cunt who would have them laughing.

Even at that it should be an unwritten rule where it just doesn't happen.

They laughed when we signed miller, a double at the piggery soon had them foaming at the mouth lol

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

They laughed when we signed miller, a double at the piggery soon had them foaming at the mouth lol

The culture should be (and thankfully generally is) that it's as difficult as possible to even entertain the idea of crossing the divide as a first team player.

Would hate to see it becoming commonplace, especially for shit players like Hendry.

Fair point about Miller, he was levels as a player above what Hendry is though.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

The culture should be (and thankfully generally is) that it's as difficult as possible to even entertain the idea of crossing the divide as a first team player.

Would hate to see it becoming commonplace, especially for shit players like Hendry.

Fair point about Miller, he was levels as a player above what Hendry is though.

Agreed about hendry, thought he was fucking honking

9 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I don’t think we were officially but it was one of those online rumours that didn’t seem to go away for a while.

9 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Were we ever linked with Armstrong?

I seem to remember a certain someone perpetuating that rumour on here.....:pipe:

10 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

He’s not going to sign a new contract with us when he’s a free agent and will get absolutely weighed in financially by moving to England. He’ll get a signing on fee and double, possibly treble his wages. 

Not a chance he’ll get close to treble what we’re paying him.

7 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Not a chance he’ll get close to treble what we’re paying him.

What's he on with us?

Around £20k a week.

If he is going to the EPL on a free transfer, he could potentially get about £60k a week.

If he is going to the championship he won't though.

I would be looking at Mads Andersen from Barnsley as a potential replacement.

He fits the profile of what we need perfectly - 24, 6’4, good with the ball at his feet, captain of Barnsley and in a side who have just been relegated so could probably get him for a decent price.

He’s also young enough to either be in our team for 3-4 years or do well for a couple of years and then be moved on again for bigger money.

We need at least one more centre half this Summer on top of Souttar, maybe even two considering Helander is a constant sick note.

10 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I would be looking at Mads Andersen from Barnsley as a potential replacement.

He fits the profile of what we need perfectly - 24, 6’4, good with the ball at his feet, captain of Barnsley and in a side who have just been relegated so could probably get him for a decent price.

He’s also young enough to either be in our team for 3-4 years or do well for a couple of years and then be moved on again for bigger money.

We need at least one more centre half this Summer on top of Souttar, maybe even two considering Helander is a constant sick note.

Our captains get it tight enough for conceding a goal.

Im not sure if bringing in a centre half who just seen his team relegated to the 3rd tier as their captain would go down well here.

I Souttar's brother (Harry) not doing quite well down in England in the Championship? Is he completely out our reach?

14 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

60-70k a week is an average wage in the premier league, he’d get that comfortably especially when the team isn’t paying a fee. 

It's only average because there's superstars on nearly 10 times that. The median will be much lower. He left the premier league to come to Rangers. I doubt he took a massive pay rise to do so.

22 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

60-70k a week is an average wage in the premier league, he’d get that comfortably especially when the team isn’t paying a fee. 

He probably won't even get a Premier League team let alone one that will pay him 70k a week

6 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

It's only average because there's superstars on nearly 10 times that. The median will be much lower. He left the premier league to come to Rangers. I doubt he took a massive pay rise to do so.

I dont think that is quite the whole picture.

To balance out the massively paid superstars, you also have Sheffield who's players are on a smidge above the living wage.

For instance absolute jobbers like James McArthur were on £50k a week at Crystal Palace.

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

To balance out the massively paid superstars, you also have Sheffield who's players are on a smidge above the living wage.

For instance absolute jobbers like James McArthur were on £50k a week at Crystal Palace.

He wasn't a jobber he was a very good player at that level for a number of years.

10 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

McArthur is an established premier league player, and international. Goldson is 29 and playing in Scotland. There is no way he's getting even an average premier league salary, out of contract or n not.

15 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

In what way was McArthur a jobber? He was one of their most important players for years!

25 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Our captains get it tight enough for conceding a goal.

Im not sure if bringing in a centre half who just seen his team relegated to the 3rd tier as their captain would go down well here.

I Souttar's brother (Harry) not doing quite well down in England in the Championship? Is he completely out our reach?

It's the kind of market we should be shopping in. Just because the rest of his team have performed shite aw season doesn't mean he is tbf. capitalizing on teams that need the cash, just as other teams will do with our players. Kamara come fae dundee who were hanging on in this league by the skin of their teeth. 

Also, Harry Souttar will end up in the premier league for about 15m, done well pre injury.

8 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

If Goldson goes back south he will easily get £40,000-£50,000 a week. 

Yeh I would agree with that especially going as a free with no transfer fee.

I used to work with a lad who’s brother was at Bristol City, he told me the highest earner there was on £32k a week and that was a couple of years ago. I’d imagine they’re pretty far off the highest paying championship clubs so if Goldson went to a lower prem/ higher championship club down here 40-50k would be very realistic. 

21 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

He wasn't a jobber he was a very good player at that level for a number of years.

He was an absolute jobber.

He played for fucking Wigan and Crystal Palace, he is hardly qualified as a superstar.

By the way, the average wage for Crystal Palace is about £55k per week.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

He played for fucking Wigan and Crystal Palace, he is hardly qualified as a superstar.

Is Lundstram, Kamara and Jack total jobbers for us then? You’re talking absolute mince here.

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Sorry my bad I thought there was a level between jobber and superstar didn't know it was one or the other

Honestly man :lol: