Goldson

GOAT

6 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I'm not his biggest fan but some of the takes on here are absolutely mental. Maybe it's his comments after the cup SF and that he is leaving, but then again people have never really liked him.

Souttar is nowhere near Goldson and Bassey has cost more goals than Goldson this season, easily.

He's far too overrated, most likely by himself which leads to complacency and over confidence which leads to loss of focus and shit goals we concede

Also not helped that gerrard couldnt see by him even when he was selling goals, and then throwing other defenders under the bus for selling goals, goldson probably had an air of invincibility around him that wasnt good for him

12 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

The "John Souttar" is an upgrade patter is tragic.

Atleast we will command defending set pieces in the diddy spl with soutar. 

At the minute, every one of these pishy teams, throw the ball into our box at every corner, free kick and long throw because we are a shambles. Mcgregor more so at corners.

11 hours ago, Marky. said:

Desperate, maybe hopeful at best.

I think we should have brought him in back in January, by the way, but that's in hindsight. Expect he will do well, but Goldson is a colossal figure for us on and off the pitch.

fuck me, this the same player who admitted we were already beaten in a cup semi final v the hivs in November????? 

9 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I'm not his biggest fan but some of the takes on here are absolutely mental. Maybe it's his comments after the cup SF and that he is leaving, but then again people have never really liked him.

Souttar is nowhere near Goldson and Bassey has cost more goals than Goldson this season, easily.

Bassey hater hunting, no 1 badge for you allright.

3 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

He's far too overrated, most likely by himself which leads to complacency and over confidence which leads to loss of focus and shit goals we concede

Also not helped that gerrard couldnt see by him even when he was selling goals, and then throwing other defenders under the bus for selling goals, goldson probably had an air of invincibility around him that wasnt good for him

:lol: 

The thinks he is better than he is patter will never not be funny

10 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Tbf balogun barely played recently, match fitness is an issue for him, helander too

Not that im saying goldson was poor last night, we kept a clean sheet, restricted st johnstone to one shot on target and 2 off target, defensively i think thats fucking tremendous, dont care if they are honking, the rest of the league is honking but we still let them at us at times 

Last sunday ive gave up on the first goal, its one we should defend better but apart from bassey losing the ball there wasn't really a massive massive error, the 2nd motherwell goal is a shambles though between tav, goldson and mcgregor, 

Again though it happens, ive mellowed out now, hence my defense of the team last night to go to that shitehole, cunt of a pitch, stodgy as fuck team, win and clean sheet

Jesus christ mate have a word with yourself; would you have been so delighted if it had finished 0-0? You’re making out this was aomw stout and resolute defensive performance. We were absolutely honking against a piss poor team, arguably the worst in the league, who have a grand total of 18 league goals all season and a team who were 4 weeks ago knocked out of the scottish cup by a 3rd division side.

We were fuckin awful, no two ways about it. Slow build up, slow passing, few ideas, didnt have control of the game, with a Manager standing at the side lines watching it all and doing absolutely nothing. And your assessment of the first goal is questionable; other than Bassey givin the ball away theyre wasnt alot else wrong defensively? Is Van Bronkhorst pumpin your sister or something?

43 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Jesus christ mate have a word with yourself; would you have been so delighted if it had finished 0-0? You’re making out this was aomw stout and resolute defensive performance. We were absolutely honking against a piss poor team, arguably the worst in the league, who have a grand total of 18 league goals all season and a team who were 4 weeks ago knocked out of the scottish cup by a 3rd division side.

We were fuckin awful, no two ways about it. Slow build up, slow passing, few ideas, didnt have control of the game, with a Manager standing at the side lines watching it all and doing absolutely nothing. And your assessment of the first goal is questionable; other than Bassey givin the ball away theyre wasnt alot else wrong defensively? Is Van Bronkhorst pumpin your sister or something?

We weren't great but come on. We controlled the game. The pitch was honking. We hit the post, Arfield missed a sitter, Goldson could have held his position better at the offside goal and St Johnstone barely had a touch in our box. 

8 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

fuck me, this the same player who admitted we were already beaten in a cup semi final v the hivs in November????? 

Yeah, same way we annihilate Tav and Kent for comments made in times gone by too, and no doubt have for many players who have worn the shirt.

Get over it, man.

30 minutes ago, don logan said:

We weren't great but come on. We controlled the game. The pitch was honking. We hit the post, Arfield missed a sitter, Goldson could have held his position better at the offside goal and St Johnstone barely had a touch in our box. 

We didnt control the game, at no point were you sitting watching that thinking “right we’re all over them here”, infact the possession at one point was laughably in their favour and ended up about 55% to us. They are absolutely garbage. 
Held his position better? We were defensively sound despite throwing away a 2 goal lead, at home, to Motherwell? I get that i’m perhaps looking at it with a scunnered, negative outlook, but some people seem to be either kiddin themselves on, or everyone else, or both. 

8 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Aye at halftime. Did he have the same opinion at 2-0 V Motherwell at home at HT? 

1 hour ago, WWTC said:

We didnt control the game, at no point were you sitting watching that thinking “right we’re all over them here”, infact the possession at one point was laughably in their favour and ended up about 55% to us. They are absolutely garbage. 
Held his position better? We were defensively sound despite throwing away a 2 goal lead, at home, to Motherwell? I get that i’m perhaps looking at it with a scunnered, negative outlook, but some people seem to be either kiddin themselves on, or everyone else, or both. 

We controlled the game. How many times did St Johnstone threaten to score?

Goldson plays so many slack passes to his fellow defenders, they make a pigs ear of it and he blames everyone else for his fuck up. That is why I don't like him, never owns up to fuck all.

3 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Goldson plays so many slack passes to his fellow defenders, they make a pigs ear of it and he blames everyone else for his fuck up. That is why I don't like him, never owns up to fuck all.

He’s shite. Front and centre for every bad result over the last 4 seasons. 

1 hour ago, don logan said:

We controlled the game. How many times did St Johnstone threaten to score?

Twice, but that doesn’t automatically mean you control a game of football because the opponents only get 2 chances. 

4 hours ago, WWTC said:

If it had finished 0-0 id have been pissed at our attacking options for not scoring, but again this is a thread about goldson and our defence and like it or not, they kept the opponents to one single shot on target in 90mins