Goldson

GOAT

On 28/02/2022 at 11:08, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Thats horrendous and is clearly McGregors ball.

20220228_104923.jpg

As I said before that is the worst ball to defend against. Splitting your CB and Keeper in two.  It was the perfect cross.

You could also bring in the LB for not tracking that player.  Or the LMid for not pressing.  

Goldson is the whipping boy for other players not tuned in 100% for the cause.  

12 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

As I said before that is the worst ball to defend against. Splitting your CB and Keeper in two.  It was the perfect cross.

You could also bring in the LB for not tracking that player.  Or the LMid for not pressing.  

Still, pictures never tell the whole story. It was the perfect cross. There was nothing McGregor or Goldson could do about it. It all started from the left. Bassey losing possession and Lundstram being out sprinted.

18 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

👍

If we had scored the first 'well goal, I would have said it was a good goal.  It is a textbook goal that we have seen over and over many times. The cross and  timing of the run into box by those two were perfect.  Advantage always with the striker in that position ,as he is running towards goal and can get a ball inside right or inside left of the defender. Keeper can usually do nowt, as he must cover his near post. Second goal was poor to lose and keeper should save it, but it was not hit that well and as we know, those type of shots can sometimes sneak by a goalie who is maybe expecting a well struck ball.  Shagger was not set up right and was surprised at the way goldson and tav got lost I think. Ends up as a keeper mistake of course. Total shite for us mind.

41 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

A dunno where u get the Goldson whipping boy shit from , week after week he fucks up and nothing is said about it , any of the rest of them are slaughtered the minute they make any mistakes.

The guy has been the main reason we fuck up in most games and has been for years and our defence wont get any better till hes gone.

3 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

A dunno where u get the Goldson whipping boy shit from , week after week he fucks up and nothing is said about it , any of the rest of them are slaughtered the minute they make any mistakes.

The guy has been the main reason we fuck up in most games and has been for years and our defence wont get any better till hes gone.

:lol: 

10 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

I don't like him but that is nonsense, he gets non stop stick

16 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

You are always on here slaughtering him. Often on multiple threads.

22 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Pish. 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Goldson twice looked over at the Motherwell player so knew he was there and made no attempt what so ever to pick him up - so yes Goldson at fault.

53 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

What do you reckon, put 'nothin' beside 'take' in the words you've still to learn the meaning of, shall we? 

19x66qvh20o61.gif.4a7f856ea3896ffdbf26a07caab949ce.gif

On 28/02/2022 at 14:52, ayrshireranger said:

Imagine we win the league, now imagine Goldson at CL level, if that does not frighten you, nothing will. Needs moved on even if we win the league, we badly need an upgrade at CH. Frankly, I'd drop him after Sunday, except we are short at the back.

Ideally, win the league, get Doekhi and Souttar in and dont offer Goldson a new contract. Let him go to Bristol City. 

1 hour ago, G.E.C. said:

Can honestly say in my lifetime I can’t remember witnessing a player getting as much abuse as he does. Tav and Adam come close.

Kiernan was right up there and Worrall. In fact some of the abuse Halliday got was pathetic at best 

2 hours ago, Super Ally Scores Again! said:

Looks like he’s trying his best not to get injured when he’s tackling…

Dangles a leg in but never slides in or goes through the man, tries to nick the ball and probably helps explain how we are losing so many poor goals

He won’t be here next season

Ffs. Avoiding injury is the latest bollocks then is it.😂

I get he has concentration lapses, and why some blame him for last Saturday as much as I disagree for the 1st. But other than giving away the odd free kick his tackling really isn't an issue. Has his  tackling really resulted in so many poor goals? Which ones?

He was fine last night and played far better than Balogun. Helander can't get fit enough to even help out at present.

Of course he won't be here next season. That's hardly breaking news.

2 hours ago, Super Ally Scores Again! said:

Looks like he’s trying his best not to get injured when he’s tackling…

Dangles a leg in but never slides in or goes through the man, tries to nick the ball and probably helps explain how we are losing so many poor goals

He won’t be here next season

I fucking pray he isnt.

Made my feelings clear.

Should have got rid in August or Jan atleast but sneaky G already had an eye on the door out so no wonder he was allowed to run his contract down.

Hes a good player who was superb last season alongside a defence that was superb. McGregor, Tav, Goldson, Helander/Balogun, Barisic. Zero issues.

This season the cracks have been too much for him to cover and his mistakes get magnified 10 fold. McGregor doing one season too much, Tav showing his defensive frailties again, Bassey/Balogun error prone and Barisic back in his shell.

Don't think we would have any complaints if he signed that new contract with us and that says it all. The fact he ain't and leaving probably adds to our issues with him.

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Hes a good player who was superb last season alongside a defence that was superb. McGregor, Tav, Goldson, Helander/Balogun, Barisic. Zero issues.

This season the cracks have been too much for him to cover and his mistakes get magnified 10 fold. McGregor doing one season too much, Tav showing his defensive frailties again, Bassey/Balogun error prone and Barisic back in his shell.

Don't think we would have any complaints if he signed that new contract with us and that says it all. The fact he ain't and leaving probably adds to our issues with him.

He’s dreadful and has been for 3 of the 4 seasons he’s been here, cost us more goals than anyone this season be delighted when he’s gone, already see Souttar as an upgrade