Goldson

GOAT

On 01/03/2022 at 17:50, sassaaaa said:

A dunno where u get the Goldson whipping boy shit from , week after week he fucks up and nothing is said about it , any of the rest of them are slaughtered the minute they make any mistakes.

The guy has been the main reason we fuck up in most games and has been for years and our defence wont get any better till hes gone.

Gerrard and Gio would disagree with you, so perhaps you should look at your motives.

I can’t recall any proper, like proper hand on head, calamitous fuck ups from Goldson that have led to goals this season. There might have been but they aren’t instantly coming to mind. I’m sure I’ll be quickly reminded or corrected though.

He’s been involved in the conceding of poor goals, but a lot of the time it’s down to overall poor defending where there are often multiple ‘mistakes’ in the lead up from a number of players whether that is poor positioning, being weak in a challenge in the build up, being caught out of position or in possession or defensive mix ups between players.

I think people single out his “errors” far too much when the reality is nobody who plays in our defence has really covered themselves in glory this season and they have all been a bit below par collectively.

14 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I can’t recall any proper, like proper hand on head, calamitous fuck ups from Goldson that have led to goals this season. There might have been but they aren’t instantly coming to mind. I’m sure I’ll be quickly reminded or corrected though.

He’s been involved in the conceding of poor goals, but a lot of the time it’s down to overall poor defending where there are often multiple ‘mistakes’ in the lead up from a number of players whether that is poor positioning, being weak in a challenge in the build up, being caught out of position or in possession or defensive mix ups between players.

I think people single out his “errors” far too much when the reality is nobody who plays in our defence has really covered themselves in glory this season and they have all been a bit below par collectively.

Shinned one to Bellingham on Thursday, was culpable for both Motherwell goals on Sunday 

12 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Shinned one to Bellingham on Thursday, was culpable for both Motherwell goals on Sunday 

Singling him out for both goals on Sunday is ridiculous when there was plenty of poor defending from a number of players in the build up to both goals.

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Singling him out for both goals on Sunday is ridiculous when there was plenty of poor defending from a number of players in the build up to both goals.

He should’ve cut out the cross for the 1st and taken charge of the situation for the 2nd, not saying he was only one at fault tho 

58 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

The "John Souttar" is an upgrade patter is tragic.

Desperate, maybe hopeful at best.

I think we should have brought him in back in January, by the way, but that's in hindsight. Expect he will do well, but Goldson is a colossal figure for us on and off the pitch.

3 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

This will be a prime example of not knowing what you had till it's gone. 

I'm not his biggest fan but some of the takes on here are absolutely mental. Maybe it's his comments after the cup SF and that he is leaving, but then again people have never really liked him.

Souttar is nowhere near Goldson and Bassey has cost more goals than Goldson this season, easily.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The Bellingham one is unlucky, first Motherwell one he is least to blame of 4, and the second one he is least to blame of 3.

Agree with the this bar the Dortmund goal, that was a complete howler of a clearance. 

6 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Balogun struggled big time last night but its only ever about Goldson....

Tbf balogun barely played recently, match fitness is an issue for him, helander too

Not that im saying goldson was poor last night, we kept a clean sheet, restricted st johnstone to one shot on target and 2 off target, defensively i think thats fucking tremendous, dont care if they are honking, the rest of the league is honking but we still let them at us at times 

Last sunday ive gave up on the first goal, its one we should defend better but apart from bassey losing the ball there wasn't really a massive massive error, the 2nd motherwell goal is a shambles though between tav, goldson and mcgregor, 

Again though it happens, ive mellowed out now, hence my defense of the team last night to go to that shitehole, cunt of a pitch, stodgy as fuck team, win and clean sheet