Goldson

GOAT

Just now, Super Ally Scores Again! said:

Sign the contract or GTF

You can just tell he’s try to hedge his bets on whether we get CL football or not….

Not a chance we should be offering him any new contract , hes one of the main problems with our defence and has been since he signed. Him and McGregor are done.

3 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Not a chance we should be offering him any new contract , hes one of the main problems with our defence and has been since he signed. Him and McGregor are done.

The inability of managers to drop him after bad games has lead to complacency in his game. He knows he wont/can't be dropped. Only problem being Helander and Balogun are both left footed CBs but I don't think that's a major problem being a CB. 

4 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Bump for this thread as the teflon boy seems to get away with performances like todays on a regular basis on here. Everybody else gets slaughtered after a bad game but this clown gets away with it most weeks. Another fuckin shocker today and just after the German nightmare he had and got off scot free.

Why the fuck does he start every game and he doesnt even want to be at the club ? Why are we not trying out new pairings ?

We always try out new pairings: Goldson & Katic, Goldson & Worrall, Goldson & Helander, Goldson & Edmundson, Goldson & Balogun, Goldson & Bassey, Goldson & Lundstram...

Aw wait...

1 hour ago, Super Ally Scores Again! said:

Sign the contract or GTF

You can just tell he’s try to hedge his bets on whether we get CL football or not….

I think he’s doing his best to rig the outcome…

1 hour ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

The inability of managers to drop him after bad games has lead to complacency in his game. He knows he wont/can't be dropped. Only problem being Helander and Balogun are both left footed CBs but I don't think that's a major problem being a CB. 

Part of the problem is the erratic fitness of the other likely candidates.

Can’t recall when all the options were fit enough to make dropping him a realistic prospect.

1 hour ago, the brown brogue said:

How he's been deemed undroppable by two managers now, regardless of numerous costly mistakes, is just mind boggling to me. I just don't understand it at all. 

Not disagreeing but who’s replacing him? Phil has a sick note, Simpson is rotten, Balogun has a sick note! So one of the young lads?
Dreadful recruiting in my view. 

2 minutes ago, bob1873 said:

Not disagreeing but who’s replacing him? Phil has a sick note, Simpson is rotten, Balogun has a sick note! So one of the young lads?
Dreadful recruiting in my view. 

Katic.

Oh no that's right, we've fucked him out the door for a year.

8 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Because he’s fucking shite

Is he though, I remember many games he was solid, and some games he was culpable for us losing games. Bit like Goldson then.

Just for perspective when we had the poll on here for POTY last season I voted Goldson :thumbup:

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

You’ve quoted someone saying no one’s replacing Goldson so that’s irrelevant. He’s not replacing Goldson either

We should have 4 reliable CHs.

That we don't is fucked up recruitment. Which the poster commented on rightly.

3 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Is he though, I remember many games he was solid, and some games he was culpable for us losing games. Bit like Goldson then.

Just for perspective when we had the poll on here for POTY last season I voted Goldson :thumbup:

Yes he is. He couldn’t lace Balogun, Helander, or Goldson’s boots

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Yes he is. He couldn’t lace Balogun, Helander, or Goldson’s boots

So you always thought he was shite? Granted, some never took to him. Thought with a run of games behind him and at his peak he was a solid defender, with a goal threat aswell. He had mistakes in him, but so do most of our defenders this season. 

Bassey was slated to fuck at one point and tbh has been one of our better players to this day thus far this season. 

8 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

100%

Hopefully we can get that boy Doekhi in during the Summer. If Goldson thinks his demands aren't being met because he's won one title with us so far (no cups) and he's irreplaceable, let's see how that works out for him. 

The grass isn't always greener at the other side. His bank balance might end up right enough, but I wouldn't imagine much more, so then it comes down to ambition. Play mid/bottom level EPL games or in the Championship. That versus European nights at Ibrox/going for titles! :confused:

1 hour ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

So you always thought he was shite? Granted, some never took to him. Thought with a run of games behind him and at his peak he was a solid defender, with a goal threat aswell. He had mistakes in him, but so do most of our defenders this season. 

Bassey was slated to fuck at one point and tbh has been one of our better players to this day thus far this season. 

Yes, he's always been overrated by our support