SPFL On Red Alert

BlueboyG

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

No i didn't I asked you what happens in 3 weeks when nothing has changed. There will be no football in January imo. That doesn't make them stronger and us weaker. 

There will be football, and it will be without fans, but for some magical reason the fans won’t matter anymore.

2 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

This is a fucking scandal btw. I genuinely think they’re could be trouble over this. There is fuck all in the data to suggest that this is required. 129 deaths through omicron, even the MSM is even now reporting that it’s looking like it’s much less dangerous than Delta variant. I don’t know how they expect folk just to take this shit anymore. Why are we all rushing out for a vaccine and fucking booster of our way of life is massively impeded anyway. I’m done with the whole thing. 

14 deaths.

19 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It's not just setting the narrative. The club need to be telling fans what their position is and how they intend to progress with games on a BCD basis. We have 40 odd thousand season ticket holders who again are not going to be able to get full value for what they paid for.

It's not like this was a wildly unlikely scenario. The club should have had preparations and a plan in place for going BCD and it doesn't take 24 hours to knock up a release updating supporters in that. 

All they have to issue is a statement which:

- States the club's position in relation to proposed moving of the winter break

- What the club are doing to prepare for further games BCD

- How ticketing arrangements will work for 500 places

Do you need a statement to say the obvious though?

1. We want it to stay where it is, because Celitc are at their weakest and we have all our players not at the ACON.

2. Not much they can do. Lock the gates?

3. Tickets will go in a lotto system, with all other season ticket holders getting RTV access.

Pretty sure this would be close to what their intentions would be.

The three options are to pause as planned after 3 January, start the break after the Boxing Day fixtures or begin the hiatus before Sunday's games.
The SPFL board are encouraging clubs not to vote for the third option due to the few dates available to play games.

Just now, KingKirk said:

The three options are to pause as planned after 3 January, start the break after the Boxing Day fixtures or begin the hiatus before Sunday's games.
The SPFL board are encouraging clubs not to vote for the third option due to the few dates available to play games.

Thanks mate.

5 minutes ago, murzo said:

There will be football, and it will be without fans, but for some magical reason the fans won’t matter anymore.

Spot on, any cunt daft enough to think otherwise is deluding themselves. Itll be a case of "oh well, we gave it a shot but BCD is the only option now". And they will try to make Rangers play one of the biggest games of the season with a severely weakened team. Weakened when we wouldnt have been playing the fixture on the original date. 

I think their biggest fear is not having the hoards behind them at home to cheer them on against us. A few doings 'BCD' seems to have both scarred them and fed a narrative that our players play better without the pressure of away fans.

I really can't wait to beat them with their fans there tbh, it will be glorious. 

Conversely, if it goes ahead on 2nd and we beat them, I assume it means 'no fans' or 'injuries' won't be rolled out as an excuse by of them as there never was any form of sporting disadvantage in the first place? Of course it fucking won't.