*****The Official Borussia Dortmund vs Rangers Match Thread*****

Essandoh

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

It's eleven men against eleven men.  

When you see teams like Basel going and winning at the Etihad or Sheriff beating Real Madrid you see what a bit of belief can do. 

Saying things like Gio couldn't even hold out against Ross county does nobody any favours but.

As I said in my other post if our players have the game of our lives and Dortmund play shite then yes we could get something but it’s unlikely.

and it’s a simple fact that every time Gio has tried to get our team sitting in defending a lead the players end up fucking it up (especially with the likely Bassey CB, current form Borna at LB combo), it’s a part of the game that’s simply not in their skill set as it’s not something Gerrard built the team to do.

1 minute ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

As I said in my other post if our players have the game of our lives and Dortmund play shite then yes we could get something but it’s unlikely.

and it’s a simple fact that every time Gio has tried to get our team sitting in defending a lead the players end up fucking it up (especially with the likely Bassey CB, current form Borna at LB combo), it’s a part of the game that’s simply not in their skill set as it’s not something Gerrard built the team to do.

It's not a fact at all.

13 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It is. Nobody we’ve played in Europe have come close to Leverkusen, they absolutely strolled both games without breaking a sweat

Doesn't mean they are "levels" above the likes of Benfica. They can be a better team but to say levels above is exaggerating. 

18 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

This on the back of two great results holding out against Hearts and Hibs conceding no goals but you'll focus on games like Ross county. Also forgetting when he took over after we were battered by Hibs we won two tough away games to the Edinburgh clubs again not conceding. 

My point goes back to some fans really shiting the bed and writing us off. People were fucking declaring them champions after the old firm game now we're writing ourselves off before a ball is kicked in a European match. Think after years without European football folks would just enjoy it and go in with some optimism.