The boss

KingKirk

Like others that night was a disaster and we've improved .

I thought for a wee spell we were being overrun as Dortmund found their range in passing the two corners in that period were worrying in that the space afforded to the lad to header it downward but they had four players  easily around 6'6 heightwise that is a real threat going forward so if we can keep possession and damage them early it limits their optimism .

I actually thought the ref got both those calls wrong as I'm convinced both were played off Dortmund players as AMcG and Tav policed the ball out respectively.

4 hours ago, bluenose244 said:

It's a tongue and cheek comment trying to contrast two extremes but aye take it literally if you like.

The wife part was clearly tongue in cheek but I don’t believe you saying you wanted him gone after the old firm was tongue in cheek at all

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm still not convinced that his gameplan was for us to sit back. Weather the early storm yeah, but I don't think we were set defensively.

I think his team selection gave away midfield, we'd 3 forwards useless as cut off from the pack, and most importantly attitude was wrong, several shat it, and mistakes were made all over the place.

Jack and Morelos change our whole dynamic. I'm hopefully our current squad remains fit and available as we can smash them at Ibrox next game.

and Lundstram

4 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

It does make you look at the fiasco at breezeblock boulevard and wonder how we could be so much second best on the day but if last nights performance  gives everyone the confidence to go on a run to the end of the season and win the lot then that won't really matter 

The best thing that came out of it was the fact that GVB recognised the problem and looks to have sorted it.

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The wife part was clearly tongue in cheek but I don’t believe you saying you wanted him gone after the old firm was tongue in cheek at all

I wasn't actively calling for his head but alarm bells were ringing, do you remember some of the reaction on here?

My post was merely an example of the fickleness of football fans in general.

4 minutes ago, bluenose244 said:

I wasn't actively calling for his head but alarm bells were ringing, do you remember some of the reaction on here?

My post was merely an example of the fickleness of football fans in general.

Yes, it caused me to sign out and not return until the Sunday we played Hearts

What’s promising is that he’s twice had a crisis at Rangers and has steered us out of them calmly with minimal fuss. 

Needs to win 56 and give the tarriers less respect, but asides from that he’s doing fine. 

3 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

What’s promising is that he’s twice had a crisis at Rangers and has steered us out of them calmly with minimal fuss. 

Needs to win 56 and give the tarriers less respect, but asides from that he’s doing fine. 

There is a calmness about GVB….doesn’t have public displays of extreme emotion, unlike Gerrard whose mood was up and down like a whore’s knickers.

The tarriers got us at a good time, broke our momentum with the convenient break gave theirself a lift with new signings and battered us in the first half, their plan worked. Or they thought it worked but that defeat gave us a massive kick up the arse and we’re starting to build momentum again and looking even better than we did before the break. Play like last night and they cunts will take a heavy beating at Ibrox. I Canny wait 

Tin hat on but I don't think it was the tactics at the septic game but lack of fight from the players. I saw this clip after the game and thought he is going to quietly rip shreads off of some people behind closed doors. He is a picture of someone suppressing anger here.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/12531493/giovanni-van-bronckhorst-fuming-with-his-rangers-side-after-first-half-capitulation-vs-celtic

EDIT : He is a different personality to SG and it maybe took this to get the player to see him angry. Gio is a winner as his career proves and I think a few got told some home truths. He now has us playing with fight and urgency.

2 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

The tarriers got us at a good time, broke our momentum with the convenient break gave theirself a lift with new signings and battered us in the first half, their plan worked. Or they thought it worked but that defeat gave us a massive kick up the arse and we’re starting to build momentum again and looking even better than we did before the break. Play like last night and they cunts will take a heavy beating at Ibrox. I Canny wait 

This 100%

Everything went against us in the run up to, and during the old firm game and GVB was probably still trying to find his feet and work out the right first 11. That performance v the Tim’s helped accelerate his decision making. It also made it easier for him to drop a mainstay like Kamara, who still has a role to play, but now knows he needs to up his game, and maintain it,  to get in the starting 11.

29 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The fact he made 3 HT subs and brought on 2 players who were not match fit and arguably not even fully fit tells you that some of the players just didn't do his game plan against the tarriers 

I said exactly that in a post game thread. He was seriously let down by a few players and I reckon they’ll all be out the door in the summer. 

48 minutes ago, ZZed said:

Tin hat on but I don't think it was the tactics at the septic game but lack of fight from the players. I saw this clip after the game and thought he is going to quietly rip shreads off of some people behind closed doors. He is a picture of someone suppressing anger here.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/12531493/giovanni-van-bronckhorst-fuming-with-his-Rangers-side-after-first-half-capitulation-vs-celtic

EDIT : He is a different personality to SG and it maybe took this to get the player to see him angry. Gio is a winner as his career proves and I think a few got told some home truths. He now has us playing with fight and urgency.

Yep, you can tell he’s fucking seething. Probably exploded in the dressing room like the opening scene of Pulp Fiction :)