Old Firm In Australia…

20 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Last I heard he raised commercial income to over £10m last year.

So he's signed us up to partner loads of two-bit shit shows, seen the fans finally buying merch from the club, had a substantially increased income from RangersTV as a result of Covid forcing stadia around the world to be closed.

Just now, MorelosRangers said:

Yes. Look at the figures for commercial growth since his appointment. 

37 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So he's signed us up to partner loads of two-bit shit shows, seen the fans finally buying merch from the club, had a substantially increased income from RangersTV as a result of Covid forcing stadia around the world to be closed.

Just took a look at the accounts and one of the numbers cited earleir was 10m (guessing that's Sponsorship and advertising/Commercial and retail activities combined)

Commercial and retail went from 3.9m (YE 2019) to 4.5m (YE 2021) while in the same period Sponsorship and Advertising went from 2.7m to 4.7m . Is it THAT impressive?

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Just took a look at the accounts and one of the numbers cited earleir was 10m (guessing that's Sponsorship and advertising/Commercial and retail activities combined)

Commercial and retail went from 3.9m (YE 2019) to 4.5m (YE 2021) while in the same period Sponsorship and Advertising went from 2.7m to 4.7m . Is it THAT impressive?

It is taking the whole picture into account, including it during the Coronavirus economic period when most companies were downsizing on advertising / commercial partnerships.

Similar to the Castore deal Bisgrove is, for me, going to be really judged on the next round of deals / renewals. It’s all very well comparing us to them but we had a relative black hole in our history (lower leagues, no European exposure, questionable ownership, questionable accounts etc) which I doubt many of the blue chip partners we would like to deal with are going to just look beyond because the new board say “yeah but that is all going to be different going forward”.  The last 3 seasons has changed that and should in theory open some doors which have previously been closed and I am expecting our marketing revenues to take a significant increase on the back of that.

23 minutes ago, The Dude said:

JB said they are on course for 30m from Commercial. Pre Dave King the club were doing 3-4 million

4 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

JB said they are on course for 30m from Commercial. Pre Dave King the club were doing 3-4 million

I can say I'm on course to shag Margot Robbie. Doesn't mean it's ever going to happen.

17 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

Pre-Dave King was when we were in the lower tiers of the SPFL. Hardly a surprise that Rangers in the Championship made less from Commercial than Rangers in the last 16 of the Europa League.

4 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I hope that the rumours are true and that this farcical tour is cancelled.  If we are such need for a couple of million by November then we are in serious trouble.   If they want to get some cash in then organise games against Hamburg, Linfield, Chelsea, and other suitable opponents.  

More nonces.

7 hours ago, The Dude said:

That means sponsorship and advertising has nearly doubled...... so yeah it’s quite impressive.  He’s also been involved in getting our VIP boxes renovated which will boost income there too for years to come.