Confidence Levels of Our Board, DoF & Manager?

Clemdog

Give your opinion  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Change our Board?

2. 2. Would You Change our DoF?

3. 3. Is GVB The Right Man For The Job?

7 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

For me, board wise - Robertson, Bisgrove & Graham have to go. 

Find it tricky with Wilson but he's on a slippery slop.

GVB I cannot see being here longer than 100 days.

Think the 100days mark has already been hit 

For the most part Wilson has been brutal. Barely any successful signings that are genuine first team quality, especially players that didn't come from Gerrard (like Hagi for example who he mentioned seeing at a tournament whilst doing his badges). 4 windows and fucking nothing to show for it.

GVB would probably have us in a much better position had he had a squad to pick from and not just barely an eleven. 

Wright, Sakala, Itten, etc - good fucking luck relying on these 3 for goals/wins if Morelos get crippled.

Ramsey and Diallo are disaster signings in January when a boost to the game winning quality was desperately needed.

We have so much deadwood at the club at the moment sadly. Decent players wiped out by injuries as well - Jack, Helander, Hagi, Roofe has been missing too much as well. Mcgregor has also let us down throughout the entire season sadly as well. Unexpectedly so in my opinion.

If he had a bench he could turn to with actual, reliable quality on it, we'd still be top in my opinion.

The board - unsure.

This board have put in money where a lot of boards wouldn't. They have kept us going. However some mental decisions and a bit of a distance with the fans.

Director of football - Yes.

I said yes but I'm more on the fence. Between him and our scouts I feel we should be bringing in younger players from afar with sell on value. Look across the city and they seem to be doing that much better than us.

The manager. Unsure.

It's mental to even consider replacing him at this stage in the season. For me that's out the question. Has someone else's players and it shows. Lacks trust with a lot of them. Started brilliantly and it's fallen away. He was culpable in the old firm but since then I think he learned and made positive changes starting with the pressing game. Have a degree of sympathy for him as the buck lands at his door but big players have let him down. Felt he couldnt do much more at tannadice but his hesitation against Motherwell was costly and almost was tonight. 

No for the board at the moment - though that could change over the next 2 years depending on what happens come May and how we react or push on.

Unsure on Wilson at the moment. He talks the talk but as many have said signings wise hasn’t done much of note. I guess the managers identify & he secures? Either way, as someone said above Ramsay & Diallo are appearing to be a waste of time and resources.

Gio - unsure as I’m utterly torn on it. You don’t get by Dortmund without a togetherness and a will to win and be successful, but domestically it’s been pretty pish culminating in the tanking at the Tattie Dome which was utterly unacceptable. Part of me says he needs to get his own squad in to truly stamp his authority, but another part of me says any manager worth his salt with this squad of players wouldn’t have dropped 11 points since January. 

Robertson is an insipid wee people pleaser. Get him to fuck. 

Ross Wilson came in with great fanfare and has signed no one. Get him to fuck. 

Gio…

I badly want him to do well, but our domestic form post winter break is showing him up as being out of depth IMO. Ok, the squad maybe isn’t up to scratch, but he inherited that. His baffling selection choices and recent lack of subs are all his own. Very much on the fence still. 

31 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

For the most part Wilson has been brutal. Barely any successful signings that are genuine first team quality, especially players that didn't come from Gerrard (like Hagi for example who he mentioned seeing at a tournament whilst doing his badges). 4 windows and fucking nothing to show for it.

GVB would probably have us in a much better position had he had a squad to pick from and not just barely an eleven. 

Wright, Sakala, Itten, etc - good fucking luck relying on these 3 for goals/wins if Morelos get crippled.

Ramsey and Diallo are disaster signings in January when a boost to the game winning quality was desperately needed.

We have so much deadwood at the club at the moment sadly. Decent players wiped out by injuries as well - Jack, Helander, Hagi, Roofe has been missing too much as well. Mcgregor has also let us down throughout the entire season sadly as well. Unexpectedly so in my opinion.

If he had a bench he could turn to with actual, reliable quality on it, we'd still be top in my opinion.

Hate to compare with the paedos but the Croatian full back was very good business as was Jota. Less sure about the Japs but even one or two good deals is more than we’ve done. Hopefully Souttar will prove to be good business.

Best deal we could do is to sign a medic who can keep Jack and Helander fit.

35 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

The board - unsure.

This board have put in money where a lot of boards wouldn't. They have kept us going. However some mental decisions and a bit of a distance with the fans.

Director of football - Yes.

I said yes but I'm more on the fence. Between him and our scouts I feel we should be bringing in younger players from afar with sell on value. Look across the city and they seem to be doing that much better than us.

The manager. Unsure.

It's mental to even consider replacing him at this stage in the season. For me that's out the question. Has someone else's players and it shows. Lacks trust with a lot of them. Started brilliantly and it's fallen away. He was culpable in the old firm but since then I think he learned and made positive changes starting with the pressing game. Have a degree of sympathy for him as the buck lands at his door but big players have let him down. Felt he couldnt do much more at tannadice but his hesitation against Motherwell was costly and almost was tonight. 

Playing helander at tannadice was a criminal decision.

Yes. Unsure. Unsure. 

Gio doesn't inspire me. I thought we responded well to the tims game and Dundee United was unlucky but Motherwell at the weekend and tonight give me serious doubts. 

He spent £20+ million after winning Feyenoord the league in a rebuild they needed and it went badly so I'm very unconvinced, to this point, he's the man for the task in the summer. 

No no and yes

The board arent daft enough to let their investment go tits up, we might need them, would we prefer a board that wanna have security over us for loans again 

Wilson as much as transfers in have been bad ish, he came in to a bulky wage sucking up squad that needs dealt with, oh and he got us our highest fee for a non starting 11 player

Gio needs time, before he came we were stumbling about the place as well, we werent exactly battering teams and comfortably winning games earlier in the season, right now he's still in three tournaments, 

Something isn’t right with the squad. The amount of “injuries” Arfield, Kent look absolutely shattered. Sakala can’t get a run of games. McGregor turned into Ian andrews over night. Bornas confidence totally wrecked. 3 pointless signings on January, when we should have signed Souter. Davis totally disappeared and no one knows why.