Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

11 minutes ago, gmcf said:

I think while the league was in touching distance , ie4/5 points , then I doubt they would have chanced interrupting that . 

Obviously that's not the case now . I'd be surprised if we don't have a new manager in place by the time the league resumes . 

I truly hope so mate. This shit show can't go on any longer. 

We badly need new management and change in direction. 

If he's still here after the break our season will only get worse. If this board don't act now it tells us simply they can't afford to pay him off. 

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

Every single team goes through shit spells though. You can’t sack a manager after dropping a few points. It would have been crazy. Even with hindsight knowing what we know now, who would we have got in and would we have attracted anyone decent knowing we sack a manager after one defeat? It’s a pointless exercise.

Fair enough mate but during that period we drew with Aberdeen and County, got hammered by celtic, and drew against Dundee United and Motherwell. Domestically the writing was on the wall really early on 

Just now, BlueHatBlueDay said:

Said this with 10 mins to go vs Livi, no points would be better than one. Was shot down. Lundstram went on to delay the now, almost inevitable. Sometimes you need to take one step back to go two forward.    

Aye, tough thing to say out loud, but I imagine a fair few are thinking it. Better to lose two points today than however many more we’ll lose if we change nothing. 

6 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

i don't think the players want him there.  Kamara, another player touted for great things before Gio come in.  looks every penny worth the 50 grand. 

I think if I worked for Gio I'd grow to hate him purely for his boring monotone voice zzzz

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

No it doesn't. 

Of course it does.

Stupid prick quite clearly chucked it last season, and done the same this season, and doesn’t respect the manager. A guy that’s done more for Rangers, and a career Kamara can only dream of.

Just now, rangersross said:

Aye, tough thing to say out loud, but I imagine a fair few are thinking it. Better to lose two points today than however many more we’ll lose if we change nothing. 

Dropping another 2 points today is as bad as dropping 3 when we keep Gio in his job. The league is well and truly done now, best to take the hit now and get a new manager in to find out who he can work with in this squad going forward and really tart planning for firesales in January and the summer

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Kamara had downed tools last season before Gio came in because he didn’t get a move.

Gio needs to go but Kamara and Morelos should be out too. As should Wilson.

It works two ways. Gio clearly doesn't rate Kamara whereas Gerrard saw him as a vital clog in the team. Taking him off at HT for Arfield shows the manager has no respect for the player.

Was he playing well? No, but neither was anyone else. 

Players should never down the tools but a part of me doesn't blame Kamara. He's not the only one who clearly doesn't like the manager.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Of course it does.

Stupid prick quite clearly chucked it last season, and done the same this season, and doesn’t respect the manager. A guy that’s done more for Rangers, and a career Kamara can only dream of.

Not one player in that dressing room respects the manager.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

:lol: 

He’s chucked it under two managers. Decent player or not, the only person it says anything about is him

I disagree I don't think he chucked it under Gerrard - he's been messed around under Gio same as half that team, I understand why they are demoralised.

That being said - fuck anyone who downs tools.