Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

13 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Just pay it and get rid of him. We go after the World Cup with him and I will genuinely despise the site of him.

I hate watching us under his management, it's clueless football.

We don't seem to have an identity of sorts under him.

Sometimes we press and we look good, rest of the time its turgid sideways passing with no runners and waiting on a piece of individuality to win the game. 

We look rudderless. 

Just now, esquire8 said:

Knew it would be about £5m to get rid. 

Means our next guy will have to be unemployed.

We have to sack Park Jr, Robertson and Wilson too 

Nothing changes if at least one of those three don't go. 

Some of the mismanagement is staggering in terms of wages - income, transfer fees paid etc. 

5 minutes ago, Goofy The Scot said:

Unfortunately that mentality seems ingrained in our squad too. Couple of years back we had Tav with that "we don't like it when people get in our faces" pish, followed by Goldson admitting defeat at half time in the cup against Hibs........ that's our captain and vice-captain. Fucking disgraceful, imagine any of that shite coming from Walter or Goughy? 

We are badly lacking in leaders throughout the club unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, BlueVanguard said:

I agree the money the clubs generated this year there should be something to pay Gio and his team off and bring in a new manager.

It would be put to better use that way, as I wouldn't give Wilson or Gio another Penny, or we'll end up with more duds/injury prone players. 

We need a fresh start with a new manager and DOF, and get that wee Specky wimp Robertson to fuck in the same taxi as Parks son. 

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

If the board don’t do something or make a statement about the future, they’ll be no Bears at Ibrox after the break, they won’t put up with watching that shit.

I wish that would be the case but our idiot fans will follow on

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

And destroys next summers budget, which would've been roughly the same again.

It's one clusterfuck after another tbh. If we ain't spunking money losing court cases then it's on dud players, or potentially having to get rid of coaching staff. 

Basically all the compo we got for Gerrard and his staff leaving will account for nothing on getting rid of the current useless management/coaching team :headwall:

2 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

We won the league, an invincible season, but it was clear we had to improve from a position of power, this board didn't do it.

We reached a European final, and didn't consolidate from a position of power again.

There has been a key factor since Gerrard winning the league, and that's this board not sufficiently spending to improve the team, and any money that has been spent, has been on injured players, or players that aren't good enough.

Next manager just comes into the merry-go-round of shite, and repeat.

They're the problem, as much as Wilson and Gio.

Complacency set in across the club, definitely. The attitude was 55 - job done, and as you say, the wrong attitude. We should have reinforced from a position of power and sold when player values were high. 

The blame with signing perma- injured players lies with the likes of Wilson and Gio as between them they sign and then train the players. The board 100% should have reinvested the transfer money / Euro run money in a much wiser way, but we also have the flipside in that we have a board who have put their hand in their own pocket (and subsequently replenished said money from our takings). The way they view the fans is wrong imo, but we really need to be careful as to who is next in the board room. 

I think if Wilson and Robertson go, and competent replacements are brought in alongside a new manager, that changes a lot. 

12 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Is it the players who pick the team?

Is it the players who decide to play the same system and style of play?

Do the players control the training sessions?

Do the players decided to go out wide, cross and repeat?

Players decision to take same corners each time?

The manager is responsible for all that and is the biggest problem. 

Is it the manager that clearly decides to give less than two shits when they step over the white line?

Listen, I agree his time is up. My post was more to do with the pay off. It will just annoy the fuck out of me if they suddenly decide to start playing for a new boss after what the fans have stumped up. 

Also, players are able to make decisions on the pitch themselves. If they decide to take inswinging corners time after time....and don't see if there's something else on then they're dense as fuck

2 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Complacency set in across the club, definitely. The attitude was 55 - job done, and as you say, the wrong attitude. We should have reinforced from a position of power and sold when player values were high. 

The blame with signing perma- injured players lies with the likes of Wilson and Gio as between them they sign and then train the players. The board 100% should have reinvested the transfer money / Euro run money in a much wiser way, but we also have the flipside in that we have a board who have put their hand in their own pocket (and subsequently replenished said money from our takings). The way they view the fans is wrong imo, but we really need to be careful as to who is next in the board room. 

I think if Wilson and Robertson go, and competent replacements are brought in alongside a new manager, that changes a lot. 

100%

Was so disheartened to see that so many players, staff and board members thought the job was done, that's it, stopped the ten we've got time to rebuild.

Should've put the foot on their throat, and killed it off.

1 minute ago, LegendofCoop said:

Is it the manager that clearly decides to give less than two shits when they step over the white line?

Listen, I agree his time is up. My post was more to do with the pay off. It will just annoy the fuck out of me if they suddenly decide to start playing for a new boss after what the fans have stumped up. 

Also, players are able to make decisions on the pitch themselves. If they decide to take inswinging corners time after time....and don't see if there's something else on then they're dense as fuck

The manager/coaching staff will have a style of play they want the players to adopt. They won't be able to deviate too far from that. 

The style, tactics, whatever you want to call it are dire. Our players clearly aren't as fit as last year, there is no press, urgency, creating space off the ball etc etc. 

We don't have a good enough attacking strategy - and/or don't have the players to do it. 

As good as he is and a player I've always liked, Morelos is a disgrace for a supposed "professional athlete/football player". He's not one bit in shape.