Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

8 minutes ago, Mondraker said:

You can change the manager all you like but our set up is this

DoF...sets out shape of team

DoF...identifies players to fit in the team

DoF...identifies coaches to coach team

This is to provide continuity, so no matter who comes and goes, whether that's players or managers, the next person (player or manager) fits in.

We need a clear out top to bottom. Just the manager will make fuck all difference.

The DoF is a massive part of our issues. Gio definitely has to take his share of the blame here, and will most likely go, but nothing at all will change unless the man purchasing and scouting the players also goes. 

4 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

We’re completely delaying the inevitable now. It’s time for a change whilst we can still challenge for the league and maybe make a game of it in Europe. 

Within 3 weeks we could be over and out in the league and completely humiliated in Europe if this continues. 

The players don’t give a fuck and only managed to get up for the CL game, they clearly don’t believe in the manager or the playing style and the majority of fans now feel the same way. 

A competent board would have him sacked this weekend along with Ross Wilson, if this continues it’ll be another trophyless season and giving Wilson another transfer window is complete negligence 

He is done

Big Gio fan and I think he’s been let down by the board and Wilson (who should go first IMO) but that’s hard to defend.

sad truth is that other managers would make the best of the shite situation any Rangers manager is in with these counts above him.

I couldn’t make the game in midweek so not sure if it was the case then( but this is the first match I remember when his name wasn’t chanted by the fans. 

Seems like the crowd were ready to turn today if Dundee Utd had got something out of the match. 

I don’t think he’ll get the sack as the board have shown patience with Gerrard in the past (and are probably too cheap to shell out compensation and hire another management team), but I’m becoming more and more convinced he’s not the man for the job. 

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Perfect time to do it is now, he's not getting chased out after another pumping but it's inevitable & we have a 2 week break

Sadly think it'll come after another skelping/s in the next few weeks

100% 

We go to Tynecastle in 2 weeks and if he’s still our manager we’ll get embarrassed! The times absolutely now! 

1 minute ago, Albeartzzz said:

Big Gio fan and I think he’s been let down by the board and Wilson (who should go first IMO) but that’s hard to defend.

sad truth is that other managers would make the best of the shite situation any Rangers manager is in with these counts above him.

It’s Gio’s team mate, afaik he has a say in who’s brought in, they must be the type of player he wants but their mostly anonymous 

4 minutes ago, Albeartzzz said:

You are fucking reeking

5 minutes ago, SonicWill said:

I couldn’t make the game in midweek so not sure if it was the case then( but this is the first match I remember when his name wasn’t chanted by the fans. 

Seems like the crowd were ready to turn today if Dundee Utd had got something out of the match. 

The crowd had pretty much turned today anyway. 

15 minutes ago, Mondraker said:

You can change the manager all you like but our set up is this

DoF...sets out shape of team

DoF...identifies players to fit in the team

DoF...identifies coaches to coach team

This is to provide continuity, so no matter who comes and goes, whether that's players or managers, the next person (player or manager) fits in.

We need a clear out top to bottom. Just the manager will make fuck all difference.

Umm no they dont :lol:

A DOF basically acts as a go between between the board and manager which granted also includes dealing with all aspects of contracts to cover the other things but you are smoking Crack if you think Wilson tells GVB how to set up his team for match days. You think he is on a walkie talkie to GVB during a match telling him he isnt allowed to change shape during a game? 'Aye Gio you are allowed to switch to 5 at the back cause we are getting pumped'

Their job is supposed to make it easier for the manager to focus on training and on pitch performances....doesnt quite work for us.

6 minutes ago, Albeartzzz said:

What exactly are you a fan of? Gio as a player or manager?

If the latter what do you like in how he runs the team?

Sideways, slow, conservative passing, followed by a cross into the box which was loaded with their players and just Colak usually by himself.

Or maybe it’s his inspiring press conferences that fill you with confidence that he’s going to turn it around.

Or could it be his shrew tactical changes with his substitutions?