Bassey

beararse

Why are some people totally ignoring his poor positional sense today?

He let Anthony freaking Ralston run behind him twice, if not for a McGregor wonder save one would have resulted in Bassey playing a huge part in another goal lost.

He also let Maeda run in beside him twice that should have cost a goal.

Their Greek striker missed a good chance from a header in the first half, who was builled in that aerial challenge? Bassey! 

He could have easily played a big part in us losing 5 goals today.

Immense, outstanding, got Jota subbed early, never bullied though and never lost a single duel(Jota ripped him and played a great cross in)... LOL

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

He let Anthony freaking Ralston run behind him twice, if not for a McGregor wonder save one would have resulted in Bassey playing a huge part in another goal lost.

Their Greek striker missed a good chance from a header in the first half, who was builled in that aerial challenge? Bassey! 

Immense, outstanding, got Jota subbed early, never bullied though and never lost a single duel(Jota ripped him and played a great cross in)... LOL

But he's built like a tank but.

Another one "he gets us."

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

A fair chunk of those chances were late on in the second half when we pushed on.

The McGregor run was ridiculous and he deserves criticism for it, granted.

He did, as a defensive player, create our only big game pass and deserves credit for that.

Certainly not the worst player and handled Jota fairly well after a bit of a dodgy start defensively. Chasing the game at HT our fullbacks weren't the issue. 

He wasn’t great today, but he was one of our better performers. People are going on about taking out McGregor before first goal. But McGregor first touch takes him past Ramsey who should have done better and then McGregor skips past Lundstrum poor challenge which puts him inside of Bassy at that point. Including Bassy That’s 3 opportunities to stop McGregor. It’s a huge problem for me with this team that we constantly let players run past us without taking a cheap foul and decking them. School boy stuff.  And remember also that the two centre half’s got caught on their heels several times with that baldy striker they have. Boy wasn’t the best but by no means the worst either. I’d looks to our more experienced defenders before pointing finger of blame at lad. 

8 minutes ago, DJ RFC 1872 said:

Agree to a certain extent but he was up on his own Gio didn't learn he can't do that role. Needed a partner to help him.

So it's Gios fault not Roofes as Roofe is up on his own, but Basseys fault he couldn't find a player up front on his own (even though he did and Roofe missed chances)?

30 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So it's Gios fault not Roofes as Roofe is up on his own, but Basseys fault he couldn't find a player up front on his own (even though he did and Roofe missed chances)?

I agree pretty much with almost all this apart from something that does my nut in with our fullbacks, wingers, sakala etc, they never look up and look to see whos in the box, just throw it in there and hope it comes off, 

We did that against malmo at home and it fucking infuriated me, just cross after cross into a box with one man vs 3 defenders 

17 hours ago, Creampuff said:

First goal was his fault. 

It was a very Bassey performance from him really. He worked hard. But ultimately I’m not 100% sure he’s actually very good at football.

Ramsey, Lundstram and Bassey could have cut out the McGregor run but after all that McGregor should have easily saved shot ,no way was Bassey the biggest culprit.

6 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Ramsey, Lundstram and Bassey could have cut out the McGregor run but after all that McGregor should have easily saved shot ,no way was Bassey the biggest culprit.

Whether others could have avoided it, the goal was 100% Bassey’s to prevent. He was wrong side of McGregor, then made the bold (but ultimately stupid) decision not to foul him and attempt to regain the position (which he couldn’t do).

Whole situation doesn’t arise if he either stands in the right place or does the right thing.

I like Bassey, but the goal is his fault.

15 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Whether others could have avoided it, the goal was 100% Bassey’s to prevent. He was wrong side of McGregor, then made the bold (but ultimately stupid) decision not to foul him and attempt to regain the position (which he couldn’t do).

Whole situation doesn’t arise if he either stands in the right place or does the right thing.

The biggest mistake at goal was McGregor not throwing his hat on a pass back.

12 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Not the worst but miles away from being the answer to the left back position.

There's likely far better. Just not at the club, and not who will come in and improve us for no transfer fee. 

Freebies, develop, punt for profit is the business model we're headed towards so unfortunately we best get used to this level of inconsistent / inexperienced player.

12 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I agree pretty much with almost all this apart from something that does my nut in with our fullbacks, wingers, sakala etc, they never look up and look to see whos in the box, just throw it in there and hope it comes off, 

We did that against malmo at home and it fucking infuriated me, just cross after cross into a box with one man vs 3 defenders 

Nailed it👍

Also the slavish adherence to shuffling it out to the furthest wide man - who waits till he’s joined by another wide man, and shuffles it out further…

By which time 10 defenders back in the box, all well set to repel the, usually, hit and hope cross.

Rinse, repeat.

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

Another factor why Bassey is the main culprit for me, is he runs away from Rogic just as the shot is taking place, had he went towards him he could have made a challenge to stop him scoring.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Nope. He doesn't read the danger before the ball breaks off McGregor to Rogic. At no point between the strike from the edge of the box and Rogic scoring does he "run away from Rogic".

That's just a lie.

Screenshot_20220404-101510_Chrome.thumb.jpg.836f1b3e1cfa1b53eaf9a48ce525363b.jpg

Screenshot_20220404-101623_Chrome.thumb.jpg.710ab9a1a10e4ae8127cb388d66acaf0.jpg

hes right next to Rogic, ball watching, then hes further away from him as he goes forward, like I said.

Run along now..