*****The Official Braga vs Rangers Thread*****

6 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Is it just me or does Gio seem to have his favorites that always play now? 

I really don't think he rates Roofe or Davis at all. Diallo is a passenger.

We can't start that same 11 at Ibrox. No creativity at all. I'd love to see Davis and Ramsey in the same midfield. Loads of quick direct passing looking for spaces. 2 defensive midfielders is so constraining going forward. 

I agree he doesn't rate Roofe or Davis, Roofe its been clear to see why but we've barely seen Davis this season at all

The only explanation I have for the Ramsey stuff is that it wasn't his signing & that's Gio's way of showing it, it's very telling when we sign 4 in January (if you're counting Zukowski) and not 1 of them even features in the quarter final of a major European tournament 

For him to also say Ramsey is fit was a shocker when you've just watched Arfield for 90 minutes

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Absolute balls to anyone who watched the Wales game the other week, or even if you watch his highlights for Juventus where he seemed to have a role breaking up and making the play.

Just back from injury, he probably needs to be fairly carefully managed.

More carefully than a half season loanee has any right to be, but that’s for another day.

Strategically, we’re bringing them to Ibrox with a single goal deficit to overturn.

Given how the game played out, and how, from a long way out, they never really looked like improving on the margin, it may have seemed sensible to keep Ramsey fresh for next week.

1 minute ago, billscott said:

i thought they fell out the game 2nd half  the only real save mcgregor had to make was the one he punched away will be interesting to see how they handle the atmosphere next week  but they could be a danger on the break  having said that i dont know where our goals are coming from

got to agree as regards who will score the goals, i think the game at st.mirren will have a big bearing on how we do on the return leg. win with a couple of goals to spare will give us a lift imo

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The defence:

Tav's worst game in months. His distribution was brutal.

Goldson - Also, his passes out of defence went straight to Braga players.

Balogun - looked shaky all game.

Bassey - He lets too many balls go over his head. Had a nightmare FH, better SH.

One of the worst defensive showings I have seen in years and it seems to be only getting worse.

We need Helander back fit and playing well.

i hope on sunday he rests a lot of the players  the league is over and st mirren are a bunch of hatchet men  give a few young guys a game  king mcann weston  and play some of the fringe players  where the fuck is itten

38 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Alex Ferguson never played at this level. Walter Smith never played at this level.

Managers have a different skill set to players.

You could probably have mentioned Mourinho.
Bet none of  the pair you named,bear hugged the paedophiles manager in front of nearly 50,000 Rangers fans after they beat us.

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The defence:

Tav's worst game in months. His distribution was brutal.

Goldson - Also, his passes out of defence went straight to Braga players.

Balogun - looked shaky all game.

Bassey - He lets too many balls go over his head. Had a nightmare FH, better SH.

One of the worst defensive showings I have seen in years and it seems to be only getting worse.

We need Helander back fit and playing well.

Defensively we were poor for the goal tonight but overall I can't really think of a save McGregor had to make. The defence, while not brilliant was far from our greatest weakness. How many shots on goal did we have tonight? That was the weakness.

4 minutes ago, DJ RFC 1872 said:

yeah biatch!!

Only saying this so team prove me wrong but their that filled with shiite to prove me write!

i right, must have hurt you putting that wee unhappy smiley:taig:and you proved it with your spelling ya smelly scumbag 

Just now, HG5 said:

Just back from injury, he probably needs to be fairly carefully managed.

More carefully than a half season loanee has any right to be, but that’s for another day.

Strategically, we’re bringing them to Ibrox with a single goal deficit to overturn.

Given how the game played out, and how, from a long way out, they never really looked like improving on the margin, it may have seemed sensible to keep Ramsey fresh for next week.

I can't see that argument at all mate.

Maybe not playing him from the start, but Arfield chased shadows all game and did absolutely fuck all with the football. So for him to be kept on the full game and Ramsey to sit on the bench is baffling.

One of an ever growing number of baffling decisions by Gio, like the time he threw Sands in for his debut at Pittodrie, or Diallo at the fenians, or the time he forgot to make subs because he was so engrossed in the game.

2 minutes ago, hawkfalcons said:

got to agree as regards who will score the goals, i think the game at st.mirren will have a big bearing on how we do on the return leg. win with a couple of goals to spare will give us a lift imo

we should be resting most of the team for sunday the league is over