Gerrard on Soccer Am

Rlm

2 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

All piss taking aside, 55 was our title day, no his. We will remember that day for the rest of our lives. He will be forgotten about in time. 

He could have been part of something special if he stayed and built on it, he chose to chase the money

Easy come easy go

He chose to see more of his 3 or 4 year old son grow up, and work in the best league with better players and a board who plan to spend big money to break into the top 6.

The timing was really fucking shit, particularly given his 'do I look happy/settled' comments and how affected he seemed to be with Walter's passing, but it wasn't about money.

We also didn't give him a penny to spend in the summer.

He should be thanked for what he did last season, for giving us our pride back after getting mauling after mauling against the fenians for two or three years, but we move on.

The 'slippy G' and 'he's a dirty rat scouse bastard' stuff is embarrassing as fuck.

1 hour ago, left winger said:

Souness was worse. I don't even think it's close. But he's welcome back whenever he wants, and one day, so will Gerrard.

Tbh I can't decide. 

Souness was worse in that at that time we had a genuine shot at being among the elite in Europe, partly due to the English clubs ban and partly due to the stupid level megabucks hadn't polarised on the top leagues just yet. 

But Souness was going to Liverpool which was always his club and where he made his name.

Gerrard was worse in that he didn't leave for Liverpool or even an Arsenal or a Chelsea but fucking Villa. A nothing mediocre club for whom success is finishing in the top 6 and getting to a cup semi.

11 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Imagine blaming Gio's monumental fuck up on Gerrard.

Some mental gymnastics that.

Both managers have done shit this season.

Gerrard was awful in Europe and couldn’t get results in Europe, and only left us 4 points ahead of them at their worst this season.

This squad have previous for shitting the bed after the winter break, and it doesn’t help when the vice captain is letting his contract run down, which is the only reason i want GVB to get a fair crack at it.

9 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He chose to see more of his 3 or 4 year old son grow up, and work in the best league with better players and a board who plan to spend big money to break into the top 6.

The timing was really fucking shit, particularly given his 'do I look happy/settled' comments and how affected he seemed to be with Walter's passing, but it wasn't about money.

We also didn't give him a penny to spend in the summer.

He should be thanked for what he did last season, for giving us our pride back after getting mauling after mauling against the fenians for two or three years, but we move on.

The 'slippy G' and 'he's a dirty rat scouse bastard' stuff is embarrassing as fuck.

See if money wasn't a factor and he wanted to see more of his son grow up, then why come here? Why not stay at Liverpool in the first place? Take your wages and see your son grow up.

Regarding us no giving him a Penny to spend in the summer and he should be thanked etc, fuck that noise mate. We paid him handsomely for that. We gave him season after season of failure. We gave him a bigger transfer budget than anyone in the last twenty years. We gave an unproven under 18's coach the chance of a lifetime to manage one of the biggest institutions in British football. What did he give us for all that? One trophy and then fucked off mid season and took half our staff with him, knowing it would hurt us and set us back. He embarrassed us with his sly "do I look happy pish" knowing he was fucking off at the first sniff of a bit of fanny.

You say Gerrard I say Rat.

Never mind Zelensky, Gerrard after the first win at the piggery is the type of man you'd go to war for.

That OF win will live with me for a very long time.

He hasn't covered himself in glory with the way he left us but hopefully the specky jeffries, soap dodgers named malkys, and born a bag heads will soften their views in the years to come.

18 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Never mind Zelensky, Gerrard after the first win at the piggery is the type of man you'd go to war for.

He hasn't covered himself in glory with the way he left us but hopefully the specky jeffries, soap dodgers named malkys, and born a bag heads will soften their views in the years to come.

That first line is so outrageous I don't know know how to respond to it

The second one shows what a losers mentality you have, we were out of the title race 6 weeks later 

The patter in the last bit is something I'd expect to read off 1 14 year old oot their bin on WKD

21 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Monkey Butler said:

Arguably though. League Champions and top of the league. 

I see what you are saying 

but the hard reality is that we are staring at a 5th treble in six seasons for them . Any perceived dominance we gained from last season is looking like a flash in the pan rather than the pendulum swinging our way