Youngsters next season

Great to see how the young lads handled themselves yesterday. I’d imagine a few managers around the league will be on the phone trying to arrange some loans. What do you think the plan should be next season? Expectation is that Lowry will be in and around the squad but would you be looking to loan the other lads out, keep them in the B team, or do you think some are good enough to be in our top 20 or so players?

I think King is our best young prospect and he should be given every opportunity to stake a claim for next season. Possibly in our starting 11. I think he’s that good.

Lowry should and likely will be in the 1st team squad and hopefully getting plenty of game time.

McCann for me should be in the same boat as Lowry, one thing they have to do is keep proving they are good enough and continue to improve. 

The rest depends on what they offer in pre-season, but likely go out on loan would be a good option for them. 

Lowry for one should be a regular on the bench next season, and hopefully have much more game time.  Certainly earned it imo. He will have to earn it though as Gio will be signing new players.

Credit where it is due, Gio has brought the youngsters in at the right time and has given them opportunities.  Previous managers said they would and didn't. 

I'm not that interested in seeing the youngsters going out on loan, it rarely works out well, I'd rather keep them together in the B team, you could see yesterday that when the youngsters came on it was a seamless transition and that's because they practice the same as the 1st team do, sending them out on loan to teams who play in a different formation could be detrimental to their development at Rangers.

Why loan when they have the best training facilities and coaches at Rangers. The young lads will be contantly reminded of the standard they need to reach instaed of fighting out a draw in some arse end of no where with 2 men and a dog watching for some league 1/2 club. If they want to test them out aginst lower league shit they can do that with the colts

With Davis and Ramsey leaving (and seemingly Goldson and Helander) there should be plenty of available minutes for Lowry and King. 

It’s up to them to convince Gio to have the confidence that they can replace some of the above rather than bringing other players in.