*****The Official Livingston V Rangers Match Thread*****

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I've never said he can't play there, just that he won't very often.

He will be backup for this role, not the first choice as many predict.

Don’t think many do, do they?

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

Don’t think many do, do they?

Think so, that's what I've been arguing about the whole time.

People have been saying Lawrence has been brought in as the first choice behind the striker, I think he will play more at Left Wing in rotation with Kent.

I think Tillman is going to be viewed as the first choice pos 10, with Lowry, Kamara and Lawrence all being options, but with Tillman as the main.

9 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Think so, that's what I've been arguing about the whole time.

People have been saying Lawrence has been brought in as the first choice behind the striker, I think he will play more at Left Wing in rotation with Kent.

I think Tillman is going to be viewed as the first choice pos 10, with Lowry, Kamara and Lawrence all being options, but with Tillman as the main.

Lawrence was the main target when Aribo left which suggests he's the 1 who will fill the no10 role, matondo was the other winger brought in and Tillman will be the 1 who is used in rotation with any of the front 3. 

When you say rotation with Kent, what do you mean by that and how often? Is it a case of rotate from game to game? Are you suggesting lawrence only plays about 15 games this season? Just curious 

2 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Lawrence was the main target when Aribo left which suggests he's the 1 who will fill the no10 role, matondo was the other winger brought in and Tillman will be the 1 who is used in rotation with any of the front 3. 

When you say rotation with Kent, what do you mean by that and how often? Is it a case of rotate from game to game? Are you suggesting lawrence only plays about 15 games this season? Just curious 

GVB specifically stated that Tillman would fill the space left by Aribo I'm sure.

I think that Kent was a bit burned out last year as Sakala turned out to be a 'little raw' so was not really able to come in and contribute as often as we might have liked.

Would expect that he will get over 20 starts in the season and a good few more from the bench, with the majority being at LW, with a few other appearances between the other 4 attacking positions.

My point being, I think he will play far more minutes as LW than any other position during the season, but will still get plenty of game time.

I also suspect that 1 of Kent and Sakala will probably leave before the end of the window, I'm hoping it will be Sakala on loan.

Update from the club:

SUPPORTERS attending the match against Livingston should please take note of the following important information. 

Rangers supporters are encouraged to arrive early ahead of this Saturday’s 12pm kick off against Livingston and should be aware that the home club will be operating a robust searching process. 

There are also road closures on the South side of Alderstone Road at the A71 which could cause delays.

Unfortunately, due to a printing error, turnstile information has not been printed on match tickets. The North Stand is labelled as the Rainbow World Group on tickets.  

Stadium information is as follows:
Turnstiles open at 10:30
Coach parking is available at the North Stand Car Park at a cost of £10 per coach.
Car parking is available in the car park adjacent to the North Stand car park; £5 per car - cash only. Spaces are limited.
Kiosks accept both cash and card
Surfing banners are not permitted
Supporters are asked not to cover advertising with flags or banners
Pyrotechnics are not permitted; anyone found in possession of pyrotechnics may be subject to arrest and prosecution Any supporters entering the field of play may be subject to arrest

Road closure 
There is no access to the stadium from south side of Alderstone Road - A71 end

https://www.westlothian.gov.uk/article/74675/Alderstone-Road-Livingston-Road-and-Footpath-Closure-Monday-27-Jun

image.thumb.png.13a5ce954b9a5848c20128dfd7b618d9.png

7 minutes ago, left winger said:

Email just in from Rangers - Livingston will be implementing a ‘robust searching process’ tomorrow. Ooer missus 😱

Guessing it will be for flares incase the pitch gets burned.

Ideally someone sneaks in some napalm and does the whole pitch after the game.

19 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Guessing it will be for flares incase the pitch gets burned.

Ideally someone sneaks in some napalm and does the whole pitch after the game.

I imagine so, but tbf, if the whole pitch was napalmed it would probably be a better surface.

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

McLaughlin

Tav Goldson Souttar Barisic

Lundstram Kamara

Wright Lawrence Kent

Colak

is Matondo definitely out after he went for a scan?

- ahh, just seen it. 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Gets a lot of unjustified hate. Isn’t the level we need but he’s a damn sight better out there than the likes of Sakala, who is literally fucking awful

Neither are actually good, Sakala provides goals

Just now, .Williamson. said:

It’s actually amusing when @ForeverAndEver doesn’t rate someone like Wright when he’s spent so many years arguing the case of bang average players in our teams 

I only rate the good players.