*****The Official Livingston V Rangers Match Thread*****

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Maybe because he stopped it being three or four to Spurs. Maybe a wake up call for McLaughlin as well as he's been overplaying and getting caught with the ball at his feet.

McLaughlin was taking the playing out too far the other night at times but I’d hardly say McGregor passing the ball directly to Spurs players in our own half is a wake up call to anyone in the squad. It should be a wake up call to our fans and staff that he can’t be number 1 if we want to play out from the back 

1 hour ago, GA1972 said:

McLaughlin was taking the playing out too far the other night at times but I’d hardly say McGregor passing the ball directly to Spurs players in our own half is a wake up call to anyone in the squad. It should be a wake up call to our fans and staff that he can’t be number 1 if we want to play out from the back 

No one disagrees with that, the point was McGregor did quite well as his shot stopping has always been good I personally think he's too old now.

On 24/07/2022 at 14:44, .Williamson. said:

McLaughlin

Tav Goldson Souttar Barisic

Lundstram Kamara

Matondo Lawrence Kent

Colak

Would have usually put Jack in ahead of Kamara in my sides but plastic pitch and Jack is a matchstick man 

I'd be happy with that line up mate. However, I've got a feeling Gio will play McGregor, even though it should be McLaughlin.

It looks like we finally have more goal scoring options. Kent and Matondo should be having a productive time against these defences .

Not really looking forward to other teams lumping the ball in on top of Macgregor though and shitting myself at every corner conceded 

I think it would be a mistake to play Davies. Livi would just target him. Soutter was surely brought to us for games like this, where the only real chances they are likely to get are, more often than not, long high balls into the box-his bread and butter. 

Same starting line up as Tottenham game except I'd change keepers and have Sakala right wing, if Matondo can't make it. 

13 minutes ago, sco22y said:

I think it would be a mistake to play Davies. Livi would just target him. Soutter was surely brought to us for games like this, where the only real chances they are likely to get are, more often than not, long high balls into the box-his bread and butter. 

Same starting line up as Tottenham game except I'd change keepers and have Sakala right wing, if Matondo can't make it. 

I think Souttar will do well domestically. I just have a slight worry he may become the target for refs. We will soon see...

McLaughlin 

Tav     Goldson     Souttar     Borna

Lundstram  Kamara

Lawrence 

Matondo         Colak             Kent

Nick it 1 -0 hopefully not enough goals in the team without Morelos

14 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

Matondo getting a scan on his hamstring, apparently. Probably a doubt.

Not surprising if true given his speed and direct running. Not sure about his previous injury history though.

Any slight problem and no way can you risk him away on that pitch