Barisic.

29 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Love all the talk of 'shitebag' from people who have never played sport at any level and their only concept of a pressured situation is delivering a spreadsheet on time at work

I agree with you to some extent but I think even lay people have the ability to judge a player's mentality in relation to football.

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

You have no idea what those people do for a living or what sort of pressures they have in their own life though.

Disagree that mentality isn't easily defined and visible in the same way techinique is.

Yup, a completely different type of pressure to that of an elite sports environment. 

But you know that.

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

I agree with you to some extent but I think even lay people have the ability to judge a player's mentality in relation to football.

Everyone can have their opinion - agreed.

Doesn't mean the opinion holds much weight.

It's more the use of terms like shitebag that are amusing. You don't get to Borna's level in sport by being a shitebag.

1 minute ago, G.E.C. said:

Only thing I’ve never agreed with is calling a player a shitebag for being injured.

Aye phantom of the opera is still laughing at him from the tarriers game.

Ive never cringed so much at a Rangers player and shitebaggery.

The other night he was not interested one bit in attacking. Turning back and playing the easy option.

I think it might be last we see him maybe.. 

1 minute ago, TheKingObv said:

It's more the use of terms like shitebag that are amusing. You don't get to Borna's level in sport by being a shitebag.

I don't think anyone posting on RangersMedia is claiming that their opinion holds any weight in the grand scheme of things. Unless we are maybe talking about supporter issues.

But we are kind of in the Gus Caesar argument here. Sure, relative to 99% of people who have ever kicked a football he's not but against other players to have pulled on the Rangers jersey he does seem to have a brittleness in him for someone of his unquestionable talent.

2 hours ago, D'Artagnan said:

Borna - detest it when we single out & destroy our player(s) on here or any other platform for that matter.

That said, he has been consistenly poor for us and that defending against them last season at Parkhead, was off the scale atrocious.

Just so glad his frailties have been recognised by management with the acquisition of Ridvan.

It’s a pity he started full of confidence as well, Christ knows where it’s went.

22 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I don't think anyone posting on RangersMedia is claiming that their opinion holds any weight in the grand scheme of things. Unless we are maybe talking about supporter issues.

But we are kind of in the Gus Caesar argument here. Sure, relative to 99% of people who have ever kicked a football he's not but against other players to have pulled on the Rangers jersey he does seem to have a brittleness in him for someone of his unquestionable talent.

None of this equates to him being a 'shitebag' though.

1 hour ago, TheKingObv said:

Love all the talk of 'shitebag' from people who have never played sport at any level and their only concept of a pressured situation is delivering a spreadsheet on time at work

Not the best wording mate, everyone has played sport at some level. Might not be a good level but it’s still a level.

D’You agree that it is possible to reach a level then shite it? It’s either that or he’s actually not that good and has somehow managed to reach a level beyond his psychological capabilities.

There are loads of sports people who have strived to reach the highest  level but simply don’t have the mental strength to back up their technical ability. British tennis players spring to mind. Henman, Rusedski, and even Murray to a degree, had the talent but ultimately lacked the self belief.

30 minutes ago, beararse said:

D’You agree that it is possible to reach a level then shite it? It’s either that or he’s actually not that good and has somehow managed to reach a level beyond his psychological capabilities.

There are loads of sports people who have strived to reach the highest  level but simply don’t have the mental strength to back up their technical ability. British tennis players spring to mind. Henman, Rusedski, and even Murray to a degree, had the talent but ultimately lacked the self belief.

Henman and Rusedski were bang average, and Murray has been unfortunate to be up against the three most successful players in the history of tennis. British tennis is generally just shite.

3 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

What about a near 50 cap Scotland International who has played against him multiple times in derby games?

Would this person know the pressurised situation you're referring to? Are they more or less knowledgeable than you and indeed the rest of us on the matter? In all the wins and losses over the years has any other player been established to have been directly labelled a "shitebag" by an opponent - or just Borna? 

Get back to your own spreadsheet mate 😄

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

What about a near 50 cap Scotland International who has played against him multiple times in derby games?

Would this person know the pressurised situation you're referring to? Are they more or less knowledgeable than you and indeed the rest of us on the matter? In all the wins and losses over the years has any other player been established to have been directly labelled a "shitebag" by an opponent - or just Borna? 

Get back to your own spreadsheet mate 😄

Relax mate :lol:

I literally have no idea what or who you're talking about.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Mental that you don't know about Barisic literally being called a shitebag by another player 😄

The tarrier captain as well.

Mental that you're taking the opinion of one of their players as gospel on a matter when his aim is quite clearly to wind us up, to back up your point.

Fuck me :lol:

New low.

Mental that you're taking the opinion of one of their players as gospel on a matter when his aim is quite clearly to wind us up, to back up your point.

Fuck me :lol:

New low.

Everybody watching the game that night knew Bornas bottle had completely crashed .From almost his first touch where he cleared it for the corner that cost the first goal and fell on his arse it was clear he wasn’t mentally up for the challenge 

5 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

this new boy is the best thing for BB

Maybe he will get his finger out his arse when he is 2nd choice. 

He is already the 2nd LB on my watch, we won't see him much now, thankfully.