Postpone Hibs game ?

RoboBearToo

Grass pitch, away from home and a tough ground against a team that will have a go and test us defensively. With a home support that hate us. 

I think it’s perfect preparation for the players tbh. Always the chance of Porteous injuring somebody mind..

I think it suits us to play more games, players are still getting to know each other and gel so more minutes in them as a squad is a benefit. Particularly at the start of a season. If its deeper into a Euro comp and its been a long season then yeah would make sense to postpone a game... they would have to get permission from an unnamed chairman first i think though

We have built up the squad for this very reason. The whole point is that we should have at least two players for every position that will be able to handle the volume of games. Every player you see interviewed on this subject claims that they would rather play than train, so no, no postponement for me.

3 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

yes,  it'll allow us to set up training specific solely for playing against PSV after tomorrow's game. 

Gets a few behind closed door games for match fitness.

Or we could just play the game we are scheduled to play for match fitness and not fall behind in the league when we have trips to the piggery, Tynecastle and Pittodrie coming up 

1 hour ago, The Specky Liar said:

Or we could just play the game we are scheduled to play for match fitness and not fall behind in the league when we have trips to the piggery, Tynecastle and Pittodrie coming up 

The game plan and consequently the training in-between the two PSV games will be entirely different.

1 hour ago, Howsitgoing said:

The game plan and consequently the training in-between the two PSV games will be entirely different.

I think we have enough experience and knowledge of how to play in Europe successfully without the need to put ourselves at a disadvantage domestically

1 hour ago, Howsitgoing said:

yes maybe, but I can see a decent argument for postponement. 

No I can’t it’s pathetic.  Different if it’s the end of the season or whatever but we’ve played four fucking games.  Plus we need to get our top striker back to match fitness for these games. 

6 minutes ago, GOAT said:

No I can’t it’s pathetic.  Different if it’s the end of the season or whatever but we’ve played four fucking games.  Plus we need to get our top striker back to match fitness for these games. 

This 100%. The last thing we need right now is another break away from competitive games.