Rabbi Matondo

Essandoh

16 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

🤣 Mate shut up fs. You're always crying about posters who disagree with you then have the brass to call others for it. If you're no thick enough skinned for a football forum don't post. 

Fucking citizens arrest incoming for someone who liked a post.

:lol: 

2 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

The "boy" has played in Bundesliga and Belgian top division, plus internationally for Wales.  He cost us a 7 figure fee and will be on high wages.   Is it unreasonable to expect him to perform to a decent standard at a game of football?   

Is it unreasonable to judge a player once he's had a run of games in the team?

14 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Wright is crap but at least works hard,matondo is crap and a lazy cunt as shown against hibs.

Wright would 100% have fouled the guy, which in that instance would have been good as it turns out, but usually has me jumping out of my seat at Ibrox to scream at him

13 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

How so?

Both fast, inconsistent, slight wingers who can't control a ball + haven't really shown much end product

Calling Wright inconsistent is incredibly kind, also Matondo has created 3 goals for his this season already and we’re not even into September 

12 hours ago, bluenoz said:

You better not be talking about me or you will get the verbal consequences.

Matondo is Shite. People want to sit on the fence in hopes he comes good and don't want to look bad

I've always said, his blazing speed will get him assists and people will judge him on that but, overall, he is crap and whoever sanctioned him, Gio or Wilson needs to be held accountable. Far too much money was spent on him.

Howling at this

12 hours ago, bluenoz said:

You better not be talking about me or you will get the verbal consequences.

Matondo is Shite. People want to sit on the fence in hopes he comes good and don't want to look bad

I've always said, his blazing speed will get him assists and people will judge him on that but, overall, he is crap and whoever sanctioned him, Gio or Wilson needs to be held accountable. Far too much money was spent on him.

You’ve told him mate.

he’s defo shat it from you 

Early days but I share the concerns over Matondo.

In Tav, he’s got all the support/supply he could need but he seems to consistently knock the ball off a defender’s shins and out for a throw-in. Tav throws it to him, he knocks it off the defender’s shins, throw-in. And repeat.

No tricks, no stepovers, no shimmies, just pace - which we don’t need if the other team have eleven men in the box.

Really needs to contribute so much more.

Certainly wouldn’t consider him for PSV away.

10 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

In Tav, he’s got all the support/supply he could need but he seems to consistently knock the ball off a defender’s shins and out for a throw-in. Tav throws it to him, he knocks it off the defender’s shins, throw-in. And repeat.

No tricks, no stepovers, no shimmies, just pace - which we don’t need if the other team have eleven men in the box.

This part is just completely untrue. He came on and done a USG defender with a bit of skill in the 3-0 game, did the same against St Johnstone on several occasions. Saw some tricks in pre-season too. 

He's not had the start we'd all hoped, and he WAS poor on the ball on Saturday, but he definitely has more than just pace.

The thing with young players with blazing pace is they're only really going to get an opportunity to showcase that in bigger games when opponents come out and play, they come to a club like Rangers where 80% of clubs play a low block with every man behind the ball, it's a bit of a culture shock and for young wingers who are inconsistent by nature I think patience is required, those who signed him will know all this so they must be confident that they can coach him into the mould of player they believe can do a job for us longterm.

Tensions are tightened at the moment, European qualifiers do that, particularly when such a big reward is at stake but I don't think writing the kid off before the end of August, 4 games into a League season is remotely helpful, logical or fair.

30 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

I would maybe argue it's the ideal game for him to play. We'll likely be sitting deep for spells and attempting to play on the counter. His pace in behind the PSV defence could be vital to us in stretching the game a little as i feel they will come out and be more attack minded. 

For what its worth, i think we will start with Wright on the wing, as Gio will want his work rate, but i wouldnt be adverse to starting Matondo as an outball with Colak, and pulling Kent a little deeper. 

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I would maybe argue it's the ideal game for him to play. We'll likely be sitting deep for spells and attempting to play on the counter. His pace in behind the PSV defence could be vital to us in stretching the game a little as i feel they will come out and be more attack minded. 

For what its worth, i think we will start with Wright on the wing, as Gio will want his work rate, but i wouldnt be adverse to starting Matondo as an outball with Colak, and pulling Kent a little deeper. 

I see your logic but I think we’ll need grafters willing to come back and muck in and Wright is more that kind of player than Matondo. I agree that Wright is a more likely start than Matondo, even if only for work rate.

2 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

I see your logic but I think we’ll need grafters willing to come back and muck in and Wright is more that kind of player than Matondo. I agree that Wright is a more likely start than Matondo, even if only for work rate.

I think it would be riskier starting Matondo, and i guess the argument could be that it may be wiser to bring him on later in the game to utilise his pace when they may be tiring. 

12 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I knew this reaction would happen with him tbh.

He’s a raw 21 year old playing in a one dimensional team who do nothing to try and play to his biggest strength.

Were people really expecting some sort of finished article? :lol:

Starting with goldson dilly dally playing 5 yards baws to the keeper or sands 🙈

If i see us holding onto the ball again or mcglaughlin not throw it long to the side of the park whilst these shitey sphell teams gave actually attacked at us then i will require 2 or 3 tvs this season unless im in the stands.

Only good thing, even the staunchest goldson lovers wont be able to back him soon enough when it comes fron the stands.

Matundo should be our outball n balls over the top in any time the oppisition come down for a set piece.

Wee sakala can feel hard done by and im sure he is atm.

7 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

How long is a piece of string? Some players take longer than others to settle at Rangers

We can't afford to wait on players "settling in" they need to get their act together as soon as they get here.  They aren't being asked to do anything outwith their capabilities.    They should be giving 100% effort and let us see that they are.  If they aren't in the game then they need to get into the game.