Hot Headed Morelos

Blue Viking

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Will be astounded if we sign a striker who is an automatic first choice and an equivalent to Morelos in quality.

Morelos will be back, its up to himself, i know he's stupid but he wont throw his career away. Gio has doen this because its whats best for him and the team. 

19 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Not read the last 20 odd pages so don't know if there's been more developments but:

On his day, he's exceptional. Especially in Europe, not so much domestically.

He very much plays for himself. Not a huge issue for a CF, but an issue when it doesn't all go his way.

His international career fucks us up with him missing domestic big games too often.

I genuinely think this is a disciplinary matter. I think something over and above the red card has happened.

He wasn't entirely at fault on sat. But he's stupid as he knows what happens to him with certain refs.

I'd have taken him as a "just in case needed" tomorrow. But I'd move him on if we can this window. Take anything we can get, invest wages on someone else urgently, we can't rely on him and we might well not get the good Alfie back the rest of the season.

Sad ending.

In what way was he not entirely at fault on Saturday?

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

“Sky Sports News understands Van Bronckhorst consulted various senior players within the squad, who all unanimously backed the decision”.

Gio or SSN source is lying.

which one is it.

Is that not exactly the same thing? That does not insinuate it was before or after the action. 

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Consulting equals asking for their advice.

Agreeing with it is different.

In your defence, the minute semantics of how two totally independent and different news outlets report on the story on the day it breaks is much more important than the actual story

Ah, so it’s semantics now :lol: 

Does it even matter when the players were told

It doesn't really have anything to do with them, they should be informed it's happened as a minimum, if Gio chose to debate it with them then fair enough but it's hardly necessary nor important for him to do that. Gio makes the decisions, the players play when they are selected. 

Just now, Broxi said:

Does it even matter when the players were told

It doesn't really have anything to do with them, they should be informed it's happened as a minimum, if Gio chose to debate it with them then fair enough but it's hardly necessary nor important for him to do that. Gio makes the decisions, the players play when they are selected. 

So why did club brief that Gio Consulted players before making decision?

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

Do people genuinely care about fan media that much they think it's a bigger story than our main man missing another game, a massive game, because of his behaviour or is it just people trying to divert attention away from his behaviour?

They don't care about fan media, they just don't want to criticise Morelos

To be fair a few of those posters have backed down now, @STEPPS BOY and @esquire8 are spouting any shite they can to deflect

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

You’re surely aware after 4 full seasons that as a whole the team do better in Europe, no?

his quip about Morelos was obvious. In the Europa Cup games he gives 100% whilst domestically he doesn't. Is it asking too much to have Morelos playing to his best ability domestically also?

So why did club brief that Gio Consulted players before making decision?

I think people are spinning this to be honest.

Sure it was reported initially that he’d spoken to the senior group and they backed the decision.

Each paper then puts it in their own words.

Bottom line is Gio said he took the decision himself, but that he talks to the senior group about lots of things.