The other mob

MisterC

The Premier Sports thing is a shrewd move by the cunts in all honesty. 

If I've read it right then they would have had to play the sheep on a Sunday night after we've played that weekend? I take it opting out will mean they play that game at 3pm Saturday. 

3 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

@MattyBlue currently deleting pics from ‘pic of what you eat‘ thread in fear of being labelled a tarrier imo

As I was reading through the last page to this one I wondered who would be the first to be called out as a soap dodgers cook from that thread :lol:

Plenty of contenders in fairness.

7 hours ago, Craiggybear said:

The Premier Sports thing is a shrewd move by the cunts in all honesty. 

If I've read it right then they would have had to play the sheep on a Sunday night after we've played that weekend? I take it opting out will mean they play that game at 3pm Saturday. 

You've read it wrong, they were never due to play Aberdeen at anything other than 3pm on the Saturday, if Premier Sport could've selected their game, they would've had to have done it weeks ago, and the game would've been at 5:30pm on Saturday, that's their regular and preferred slot.

On 10/10/2024 at 01:35, NixonRFC said:

You've read it wrong, they were never due to play Aberdeen at anything other than 3pm on the Saturday, if Premier Sport could've selected their game, they would've had to have done it weeks ago, and the game would've been at 5:30pm on Saturday, that's their regular and preferred slot.

Based on that then it doesn't sound like I've read it wrong... game was always going to be 3pm Saturday but at last minute Premier said "right let's move it to 5:30pm for telly" and the taigs said no?

*EDIT: my point is would we have said no?.... I dont think we would. We would probably have changed it to get the extra cash, which necessarily isn't a good thing.

8 hours ago, Craiggybear said:

Based on that then it doesn't sound like I've read it wrong... game was always going to be 3pm Saturday but at last minute Premier said "right let's move it to 5:30pm for telly" and the taigs said no?

*EDIT: my point is would we have said no?.... I dont think we would. We would probably have changed it to get the extra cash, which necessarily isn't a good thing.

I thought your point was they said no because it would've meant moving the game until after we played on the Sunday, when it would've actually been moved to 5:30pm on the Saturday.

We wouldn't have had the chance to say no as we've opted into the deal, from what I gather, both us and them weren't originally included in this deal, hence why it was 20 games and not 24 (2 Home games from each club), but when our game with St Johnstone got moved by the authorities, we've went to Premier and offered them that game to make up for any potential short fall in tickets sold, and by doing that, we've left ourselves open to having another game selected, which they've since took up.

On 08/10/2024 at 23:17, .Williamson. said:

Not even slightly 

The Guinness is incredible there though. It’s true that it doesn’t travel well and the further you get from Dublin the worse it tastes, but once you’ve had a few pints I recommend you go to the airport and leave 

So fly to Dublin, tour of Guinness brewery half a dozen pints and home?