Can we win the title?

MacBoyd

12 minutes ago, Amato said:

How does it benefit us looking at someone's guess of who will end up on what points?

It further confirms that things can’t stay the same as they are, something has to change.

While I hope it does, unfortunately I can’t see it changing with Gio in charge, he’s pretty much followed the expected pattern of a team that doesn’t win the league.

45 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

But things were looking good and we were going well compared to now it’s massive disaster

Not really, we went about 9 or 10 consecutive games conceding first, didn’t we?

I remember plenty of folk having reservations about us, it was completely unsustainable. Gio thankfully stopped us conceding as much, but then we went too far the other way and stopped creating enough - now we’re conceding too much and not scoring much :lol:

1 hour ago, Bronzy said:

Worth pointing out that this account also predicted them winning the league last October/November, even when we were 4/6 points ahead:

Basically means we’ll have roughly the same points total as Gerrard’s 18/19 side. Not surprising considering most of our starters were in the team then.

:lol:

What a load of absolute mystic Meg shite. 

25 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Not really, we went about 9 or 10 consecutive games conceding first, didn’t we?

I remember plenty of folk having reservations about us, it was completely unsustainable. Gio thankfully stopped us conceding as much, but then we went too far the other way and stopped creating enough - now we’re conceding too much and not scoring much :lol:

It was sarcasm :lol: 

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It was sarcasm :lol: 

I suspected it might be but answered it anyway :lol:

For what it’s worth, I didn’t feel it was a disaster at this point last season and I don’t think it’s a disaster at this point (yet). I really hope we massively improve without the need for a new manager, because it’s a total pain in the arse finding a new one and getting them to settle in mid-season. Realistically though, it usually only happens with a change of manager or half the team being dropped/replaced, and I can’t see the latter happening.

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

October last year it had us finishing on 74 points, we got 89.

Yeah, I’d never use them to accurately predict exact points totals, but I do think they give you a decent idea of who will finish where and (roughly) how far ahead they’ll finish.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Johnnyem said:

Of course we can still win the league, there are many battles to be still won and lost. we can take heart from today's result and be confident going forward, one slip from THEM and we are right in there.

The difference between them and us is that when they are bossing games they go for more goals while we slow the tempo and become lazy, sloppy and lose concentration. At times it was hard to tell which team had the extra man until they tired late on.

8 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

The difference between them and us is that when they are bossing games they go for more goals while we slow the tempo and become lazy, sloppy and lose concentration. At times it was hard to tell which team had the extra man until they tired late on.

Thanks for that insight doc...

My opinion hasn't changed since the window shut. We don't have a strong enough squad currently. Be consistent and continue to get 3 pts up until we can address those issues in January. 

CM, RW and potentially CB cover get those sorted we can then have a serious conversation about the league title. 

7 hours ago, docspiderman said:

It's not always easy to play against 10 men. We won 4-0 at a very tough venue and hopefully that has instilled some much needed confidence in the squad.