Can we win the title?

MacBoyd

7 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Truly cringeworthy that some of our support look up to them as a benchmark. A one dimensional team continuously embaressed in  Europe is no benchmark for me. 

People were going on about us playing the ball to the Dundee Utd corner in the final minutes yesterday instead of finishing the game off. Every team does it FFS! 

Same people would go fucking ballistic if they got possession and scored for a draw. Was a shit game yesterday but 3 points in the bag.  The taigs can't say that today.

The league is a marathon, not a sprint. Some of our support totally lack patience and forethought and go mental even when we win. 

They got possession from the corner flag and ran up the park and almost scored did they not?

Why do we buy players that are not fit for purpose...... Soutar, Davies, Yilmaz all defenders yet none are first team starters for whichever reason.

Yet we sell players like Bassey, Katic, Balogun.

If you are going to sell players at least make sure their replacements are as good if not better. But primarily they are fit to step right into the first team not have to spend half the season getting up to speed or learning to fit our style of play FFS.

29 minutes ago, King Jela said:

If we win at Tynecastle that's a bit of a game changer because already it feels like we're predicting more dropped points before the weekend of the game is even here. 

Just go on a run and see where it takes us. 

We win at Tynecastle and put a performance in, that could be the boost/kick in the baws we need. 

Do people really think the scum dropping points make any difference seriously? 

We are rotten and whilst today has been a laugh it changes nothing about how we should be thinking about how things are going atm. 

We are horrendous to watch with no plan and unless something drastically changes we aren't winning this league. I felt that way yesterday leaving Ibrox and nothing has changed that opinion. 

13 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

We are rotten and whilst today has been a laugh it changes nothing about how we should be thinking about how things are going atm. 

We are horrendous to watch with no plan and unless something drastically changes we aren't winning this league. I felt that way yesterday leaving Ibrox and nothing has changed that opinion. 

Well it obviously makes a difference to the gap between us in the table. Best we can do is hope that the team draw confidence from this and put in a performance against Hearts.

Don’t think anyone is in doubt how poor we still are, but everyone is also aware Gio isn’t going anywhere any time soon, and the transfer window is closed, so make the best of it.

9 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

We have to improve massively, what that means with regards to Gio I don't know. 

Don't be a dick though. It's been shown today a team that is compact, presses and doesn't piss their pants can beat they cunts. Complacency breeds contempt, so they should be wary. 

13 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

:lol:

Nothing’s changed apart from the gap in points that every was greeting about that was only gonny get bigger

53 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Paper over the cracks springs to mind. 

Must be truly grim in your mind mate. You can’t take any positives from them losing and the point gap being closer, and you also don’t think we will have a change in management until the end of the season.

You’d be better just taking a season off because cracks papered over or not, everything looks pretty bleak from your point of view.

3 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Yes hugely, 5 points to 2 is a massive difference in terms of belief for us and doubt for them. With the unique aspect of this season we must only have another 8 or so league games till the transfer window opens. If we can get to there with at worst this gap then sign a goalie, central midfielder and a good forward/winger 👍 

2 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Yes hugely, 5 points to 2 is a massive difference in terms of belief for us and doubt for them. With the unique aspect of this season we must only have another 8 or so league games till the transfer window opens. If we can get to there with at worst this gap then sign a goalie, central midfielder and a good forward/winger 👍 

Unfortunately with the recent track record of Ross Wilson I wouldn’t hold my breath on him addressing those areas effectively or even at all. We will probably end up with a back up right back and that will be job done as far as I’m concerned. 

Great to get the gap back to 2 points and put a slight dent into the goal difference but i think this puts even more pressure on Gio for the Hearts game. If you can imagine the scenes if we drop points there after being given a lifeline yesterday the little remaining goodwill he has with some sections of the support could evaporate.

I personally have no confidence in Gio delivering a league title with this squad regardless of yesterdays result. Hope im eating humble pie in May. 

We need to put a run together 

not going to lie Europe at this point I am not overly bothered about . Still want us to make a game of it and not embarrass ourselves but get out of Tynecastle with 3 points  and we need to just keep winning . Their run up to the World Cup has a few potential hard games if we keep the pressure on them 

6 hours ago, KingKirk said:

It is difficult to come to any other conclusion than the one already reached by the majority that something is not right in the state of Rangers. That was eye bleeding stuff on Saturday and is utterly unacceptable, one way or another, it has to change soon.

2 hours ago, jackg93 said:

Unfortunately with the recent track record of Ross Wilson I wouldn’t hold my breath on him addressing those areas effectively or even at all. We will probably end up with a back up right back and that will be job done as far as I’m concerned. 

Great to get the gap back to 2 points and put a slight dent into the goal difference but i think this puts even more pressure on Gio for the Hearts game. If you can imagine the scenes if we drop points there after being given a lifeline yesterday the little remaining goodwill he has with some sections of the support could evaporate.

I personally have no confidence in Gio delivering a league title with this squad regardless of yesterdays result. Hope im eating humble pie in May. 

If we can't beat hearts gio will deserve everything that comes his way

Need to just keep in touch by Xmas. If Davis can slot in at CB and do the business. We’re probably a good midfielder and right wing short of being able to challenge. So maybe win the lottery with a few loans or signings in January. We also need Gio to somehow become a decent manager.

celtic are mince without CCV. Hopefully that’s the start of a little niggle for them. They’ve been pretty lucky with injuries. But take McGregor, Jota or CCV out that team and they will drop points. 

14 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Need to just keep in touch by Xmas. If Davis can slot in at CB and do the business. We’re probably a good midfielder and right wing short of being able to challenge. So maybe win the lottery with a few loans or signings in January. We also need Gio to somehow become a decent manager.

celtic are mince without CCV. Hopefully that’s the start of a little niggle for them. They’ve been pretty lucky with injuries. But take McGregor, Jota or CCV out that team and they will drop points. 

Should give up just now if Davis slotting into CB is an option..

25 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

:ang: 

Why don’t you just shag him? 

Yes we can. We need our new and returning players to get up to speed so that we can rest poorly performing players such as kamara and Kent and offer more in the attacking 3rd.

My feeling is also that those across the city are only now experiencing midweek games at a high standard followed by weekend.

17 minutes ago, SPWF said:

:ang: 

Why don’t you just shag him? 

I thought the thread is “can we win the title”. Fair to point out that they got pumped 2-0 when he wasn’t playing. And that they are shocking without him. And our odds improve drastically if he doesn’t play. You do know it does matter what they do as well..

8 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Must be truly grim in your mind mate. You can’t take any positives from them losing and the point gap being closer, and you also don’t think we will have a change in management until the end of the season.

You’d be better just taking a season off because cracks papered over or not, everything looks pretty bleak from your point of view.

How can u watch us atm and not think things are grim tho. Its fantastic that they dropped points but changes nothing for me.  The malaise has well and truly set in. 

11 hours ago, bluenose48 said:

Why do we buy players that are not fit for purpose...... Soutar, Davies, Yilmaz all defenders yet none are first team starters for whichever reason.

Yet we sell players like Bassey, Katic, Balogun.

If you are going to sell players at least make sure their replacements are as good if not better. But primarily they are fit to step right into the first team not have to spend half the season getting up to speed or learning to fit our style of play FFS.

Under Wilson we rarely add players that can go straight into the first 11. 

It's been squad players, development players and one of his other favourites injury prone players. 

We need a complete rework in our recruitment