Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

36 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Yes, we play in a backwater. I'm not in a rush to appoint Neilson or Robinson though.

I genuinely don't care about winning tropheys in wee backwater leagues on someone's CV. It's a big risk. Aye, it's paid off for them, but for every gamble that pays off, you are likely to get a GVB or a Pedro.

A guy who survives multiple seasons in the EPL, and gains promotions from the English Championship is a far higher achievement to me than someone winning titles with Dynamo or other leagues in Eastern Europe.

Surviving in the EPL requires a totally different mindset and tactical approach to dominating games and winning leagues.

Rebrov makes much more sense given he’s taken bang average teams, and turned them into league winners and has a decent European record with those sides too.

Plenty players have come from better leagues where 1 good game in 3 or 4 is fine, only to be found out here. Same goes with managers. 

24 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

Dyche is a good manager and gets the best out of his players. I'd be in favour of him coming to Ibrox

People complain about the turgid football under Gio, I dread to think how the consistent football philosophy of Dyche will go down.

Rebrov has won 10 trophies in his management career already. Not sure how many, if any are on par with community shields for example but still it’s a record not to be sniffed at. 

Everywhere he’s been has ensured a couple of years of domestic success with cup doubles. Ferencvaros won 3 league titles in a row. It’s something we really need, our domestic success has been nothing short of appalling. We need someone with experience of winning multiple things

15 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Surviving in the EPL requires a totally different mindset and tactical approach to dominating games and winning leagues.

Rebrov makes much more sense given he’s taken bang average teams, and turned them into league winners and has a decent European record with those sides too.

Plenty players have come from better leagues where 1 good game in 3 or 4 is fine, only to be found out here. Same goes with managers. 

He has however won I think multiple promotions from the Championship, which is a more competitive league than any out in Eastern Europe.

Bringing in Dyche is a far lesser risk than a guy who has never managed in the UK.

16 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

People complain about the turgid football under Gio, I dread to think how the consistent football philosophy of Dyche will go down.

It would have been a minor miracle if Dyche achieved what he did at Burnley while playing fast-flowing, possession football given the relative size of the budget available to him. In any case, I'd be perfectly happy if he delivered drab 1-0 wins all the way to a title. GVB's football is boring and unreliable. That's the problem. 

5 minutes ago, rangersross said:

It would have been a minor miracle if Dyche achieved what he did at Burnley while playing fast-flowing, possession football given the relative size of the budget available to him. In any case, I'd be perfectly happy if he delivered drab 1-0 wins all the way to a title. GVB's football is boring and unreliable. That's the problem. 

Bang on mate. 1-0 lead is trouble brewing. I wonder if Martindale went into the game thinking, fuck me we can’t compete because of the money disparity. 
Just get this walloper Gio away. We need a lucky horseshoe manager. Not a fucking donkey. 

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

He has however won I think multiple promotions from the Championship, which is a more competitive league than any out in Eastern Europe.

Bringing in Dyche is a far lesser risk than a guy who has never managed in the UK.

1 win I think, and 1 through the playoffs.

He’s done a good job, but in terms of the remit it’s totally different. It’s not about winning, it’s about surviving. 

The thought of a manager who sets us up to be ‘hard to beat’ as their plan A, up against theirs who sets up to steamroller over the top of everything in sight fills me with fear tbh.

Not saying that is Dyche though, but seems to be his style.