Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

1 minute ago, Blues Brother said:

Who would you suggest/realistically like to be on a shortlist? 

The shortlist I'd prefer wouldn't work under this board.

The shortlist who would are not good enough.

Get rid of the board and then we can have a sensible thread about a new manager.

27 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Out of our reach now but I'd love someone like Kompany.

Refreshing approach to how the game is played and take a look at some of the videos about on YT of his team talks for those who are wanting an imposing dominant character.

His team was thrown about like a empty trackie yesterday. 

I’ll be disgusted if we go with Hassenhutl. From one wet wipe to the next and it means keeping the midget in a job as well. 

It’ll set us back years but I can already see the fucking grins of Robertson and co when Wilson shows them charts of Hassenhutl team. 

Terrifying thought these cunts get another bite at the cherry whilst delivering 2 domestic trophies in 7 years. 

1 hour ago, NorthernLights said:

He’d destroy teams up here. Guessing his wage demands are high, though. 

That and his intense style generally rings all it can from a squad within 2 or 3 years so the squad needs rebuilt or him replaced.

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Out of our reach now but I'd love someone like Kompany.

Refreshing approach to how the game is played and take a look at some of the videos about on YT of his team talks for those who are wanting an imposing dominant character.

Funnily enough his name was mentioned on here last year in the passing and it was immediately shot down because he was “doing shite with Anderlecht” but I think that’s where having a good sporting director or board who can identify the potential in a manager is so important. Sadly that’s not something we have atm.

47 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I’ll be disgusted if we go with Hassenhutl. From one wet wipe to the next and it means keeping the midget in a job as well. 

It’ll set us back years but I can already see the fucking grins of Robertson and co when Wilson shows them charts of Hassenhutl team. 

Terrifying thought these cunts get another bite at the cherry whilst delivering 2 domestic trophies in 7 years. 

Strange turn of phrase

1 hour ago, GaryMc said:

I'd take Dyche or Hasenhuttl if I'm being honest. 

Our recent record of managers has been McCoist, McCall, Warburton, Pedro, Gerrard and Gio. I'm not turning my nose up at ones who have operated at EPL level for a long period of time.

Damning when you combine the experience and success of that list of names. The most important person at the club as well.