Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

Looks like Beale is definitely the next guy in the door. Underwhelmed, but I think we always would have been no matter who this board brought in as it was unlikely to ever be a spectacular appointment.

Willing to get behind him, I just fear it'll blow up again and we'll be in the same position in 12 months.

On the positive side, Beale clearly has an affinity with this club which I like, and he definitely has something about him. Gerrard came in with absolutely no experience and managed to turn this club into (eventual) league winners. Beale comes in when the squad is at a higher level and if he can get us firing again, we should have some success. I just hope he is backed. The board have now fucked it for a few windows now by opting for the cheap options, thinking we could get by without proper investment. I hope they see how badly we need some quality in the door.

Anyway, all aboard the Mick Beale train. It's about to leave the station. 

2 minutes ago, nik2402 said:

When Beale went out on his own I genuinely seen his career path going similar to Potter or Rodgers pre tarriers. That’s how highly people rate him as a coach. As I’ve said I think this is the only chance we had of getting him as if and when he got the premier league move I think he could step up club size again. 

Now we will never know that as he’s chose to come here and I for one I’m glad. I think we’ve managed to get a coach who has potential to be top level, early in his career. And I’m looking forward to seeing how he does. Can see him silencing a good few on here.

I don't know of any manager we could possibly appoint and not be more hopeful than confident.

But having endured the shambles of the last months, having a manager and coaching team who much of the squad like and listen to feels like grounds for a little blind optimism.

13 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

To be fair we’d as well go back to two 10s as I’ve never seen a worse selection of wingers than we do now. 

Our fullbacks are quite a bit better at going forward than defending, too. Not having them being told to stay back and evidently hating it might make them look interested again.

3 minutes ago, Blue Viking said:

"Mihajlovic in contention for the Rangers bench: the details.

Sinisa Mihajlovic could soon return to the bench, this time not in Italy: the former coach of Bologna and Milan (among others) is in fact running to replace Giovanni van Bronckhorst, who has just been sacked by Rangers Glasgow."

Thank Christ it's not as certain as your headline suggested!

8 minutes ago, Blue Viking said:

Get that link to fuck. Tries to make me instal some dodgy looking app!

24 minutes ago, The true baller said:

Beale would be good with me. Just one thing - Give. Him. Money.

Little chance of that happening and even if the board did back him, it's still Wilson in charge of recruitment.

He'll be expected to get a tune out of the current group because "he knows them".

Hope he makes me eat my words but fully expect a brief bounce then back to being found out football-wise and back in the mire.

Beale back as someone's #2 would've been a good shout & good succession planning

Beale as #1 is a hit and hope + someone who won't rock the boat in regards to finance, more than happy just to have the job

Sadly think we'll be in a similar position in a years time.

1 hour ago, nik2402 said:

When Beale went out on his own I genuinely seen his career path going similar to Potter or Rodgers pre tarriers. That’s how highly people rate him as a coach. As I’ve said I think this is the only chance we had of getting him as if and when he got the premier league move I think he could step up club size again. 

Now we will never know that as he’s chose to come here and I for one I’m glad. I think we’ve managed to get a coach who has potential to be top level, early in his career. And I’m looking forward to seeing how he does. Can see him silencing a good few on here.

On QPRs last 5 games they are the worst in the championship. Many guys have been highly regarded as coaches like Ian Cathro for instance but many do not have what it takes to manage a football team on their own. 

The one positive is that he knows the players and hopefully he can get them up a level again however part of me worries that the level they where at before was due to Gerrard and not Beale.

6 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Absolutely spot on. 

I can’t believe we’ve gone down this route with some of the other names available. It’s bordering on negligence.

It’s not really surprising considering the state we are in.

A populist appointment from a bowling club level board.

13 minutes ago, Wafflesniffer said:

Little chance of that happening and even if the board did back him, it's still Wilson in charge of recruitment.

He'll be expected to get a tune out of the current group because "he knows them".

Hope he makes me eat my words but fully expect a brief bounce then back to being found out football-wise and back in the mire.

Your spot on.

I fear the next window, unless if he is appointed, he knows a gem or 3 from the last year in England.

meanwhile, the tarriers just secured another Japanese young player, who no doubt will hit the ground running and never be injured.

They seem more shrewder in the market since the days of Lennon.

makes me sick to where we were 12 month ago.

I dunno maybe Beale can get us back to when we was playing our best under Gerrard in that title winning season? Maybe he's got some new ideas as well to switch it up from when it went a bit stale and he's learnt from that. QPRs form went downhill after he was offered the wolves job so maybe that had something to do with that? Just trying to put some positives out there about his appointment which we all know is going to happen! One thing is very clear though and that's we need some real investment in the team. The problem with going for the cheap options is you either get a player that's good enough but had injury problems or players that are of an unknown quality and they haven't turned out well for us. Hopefully we have a lot of players returning after the world cup and the new team can get them strong and into good shape to avoid further injuries and we can add a few new signings that are of decent quality. Things could change in another few months.

17 minutes ago, Mor3los_1 said:

Gio and then Beale would be the safest of safest appointments to the board. The fact our board don't want to take any risks with managers tells its own story. Some times you have to take a little bit of risk.

Folk are complaining that he's unproven so it is a risk?

28 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

that’s Hamilton and now CR you’ve suggested you’ll go and follow, strange way to support a football team tbh, boards, managers and players come and go there’s usually always one constant, the fans.

I don’t want Beale but I’m also not going to go and support thistle or Kilsyth Rangers because i don’t like how things are being run.

I think its pretty obvious that I'm being facetious and venting. We've been through much worse than this and I didn't go anywhere.

1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

I think its pretty obvious that I'm being facetious and venting. We've been through much worse than this and I didn't go anywhere.

It’s not really venting but mate it just looks quite petty (only being honest)