Tillman

RFC55

49 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Aribo cost £300k Tillman will cost 6 million Euros.

Tillman has certainly improved considerably but still needs to get involved for more of the game.  

Agreed on the second point. First point is a tricky one I think. Aribo came from Charlton, Tillman from Bayern Munich, so there’s automatically a premium. We also exploited the cross border Bosman rule to Aribo for that cheap, he probably would’ve cost us £3-5m if we’d been buying him. I think Tillman arrived a better player than Aribo did as well. 

Just now, SPWF said:

Agreed on the second point. First point is a tricky one I think. Aribo came from Charlton, Tillman from Bayern Munich, so there’s automatically a premium. We also exploited the cross border Bosman rule to Aribo for that cheap, he probably would’ve cost us £3-5m if we’d been buying him. I think Tillman arrived a better player than Aribo did as well. 

I was only pointing out to another poster the comparison in transfer fees.  

2 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Tillman is 6 years younger than Aribo, or 3 years younger than when Aribo signed over 3 years ago.

Clubs will pay big money for young players with potential, only need to look at Bassey & Patterson.

I would try and do a deal for Tillman and move him on quickly.

6 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Tillman is 6 years younger than Aribo, or 3 years younger than when Aribo signed over 3 years ago.

Clubs will pay big money for young players with potential, only need to look at Bassey & Patterson.

I thought I read they already had a stipulated buy back clause after a season.  Not sure how accurate that is or if it's even a thing. 

34 minutes ago, Finny said:

I thought I read they already had a stipulated buy back clause after a season.  Not sure how accurate that is or if it's even a thing. 

Think you could be right, he would have to be having some season tbf it they wanted him back.

1 hour ago, Bearsden bear said:

What?

1. Do you think there's a club that's going to spend £10-15m on Tillman?

2. We don't have an agreement in place with Tillman to sign him. If we get a bid accepted we still need to negotiate with him. Why would he choose to join us if we're just going to sell him? If there were other clubs interested in him that he would prefer he could just go direct to them.

2 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

What?

2. We don't have an agreement in place with Tillman to sign him. If we get a bid accepted we still need to negotiate with him. Why would he choose to join us if we're just going to sell him? If there were other clubs interested in him that he would prefer he could just go direct to them.

Did you think we woukd get £20M fir Bassey?

Apparently we do have fee agreed and first dibs. 

Maybe he woukd see a move to us as a spring board to the epl. Like Aribo, Bassey etc

Just now, Bearsden bear said:

Did you think we woukd get £20M fir Bassey?

Apparently we do have fee agreed and first dibs. 

Maybe he woukd see a move to us as a spring board to the epl. Like Aribo, Bassey etc

Bassey was here for 2 years, we didn't just sign him then move him on quickly. 

We have a fee agreed but it's then down to Tillman where he goes. 

Maybe you have a different definition of quickly but I wouldn't consider him staying for 2 years then leaving us "moving him on quickly". 

7 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

What?

Why would we have a bid accepted when all that has already been agreed? Sure Tillman can change his mind but I thought the deal between the clubs for Tillman was straight forward??

Here's what Bayern said about it

Along with permanent departures, Bayern has also hit the bullseye with the loan deal for Malik Tillman. The young forward joined Rangers on a season-long loan with an option to buy for the Scottish club. The German club’s decision to send Tillman to Rangers has been justified by the forward’s explosive start to the season.

Die Roten may end up losing Tillman permanently next summer. According to SportBild’s Christian Falk (via iMiaSanMia), Rangers is expected to take up the option to buy the forward permanently next summer. Rangers will end up paying €7 million for Malik Tillman.

Interesting that the German press seem to think Tillman is doing really well ATM as well

4 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

Why would we have a bid accepted when all that has already been agreed? Sure Tillman can change his mind but I thought the deal between the clubs for Tillman was straight forward??

Here's what Bayern said about it

Along with permanent departures, Bayern has also hit the bullseye with the loan deal for Malik Tillman. The young forward joined Rangers on a season-long loan with an option to buy for the Scottish club. The German club’s decision to send Tillman to Rangers has been justified by the forward’s explosive start to the season.

Die Roten may end up losing Tillman permanently next summer. According to SportBild’s Christian Falk (via iMiaSanMia), Rangers is expected to take up the option to buy the forward permanently next summer. Rangers will end up paying €7 million for Malik Tillman.

Interesting that the German press seem to think Tillman is doing really well ATM as well

There's a minimum amount that they have to accept yeah, but we have to offer that for it to be accepted. Clubs often try and negotiate the fee down (Like celtic did with Jota). We also don't know what is in that minimum amount (eg. a high sell on fee, a low buy back etc) so it's not quite as simple as €7m. eg. if the buy back was €10m, we would need to consider if that was worth it as if he has a good season we'd lose him straight away for a minimal profit.

That Bayern article is from mid September. He did start the season well tbf then went off the boil a bit. Hopefully he's picking it back up now.

Bayern will 100% have a buy back option. It may be for a decent fee e.g. £10-15 million, but if he joined us and all of a sudden becomes a superstar, they’ll want a contingency in place. 

It’s what generally happens with these loan deals with one of the big superpowers. PSG did it with Eduoard but didn’t see the merit in buying him back, even though they also had a 40% sell on clause

17 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Obviously has bags of talent but is far too nice.

He needs to develop a ruthless streak and add goals to his game.

Needs to anticipate the pace of the scottish game.

He would be a star if he could pick up the pace and read the games/tackles.

Frustrating with the final ball too and gives ut away alot. Causes havoc in 18 yard box as like aribo, hes got that 5 a side touch where the ball sticks to his feet.

Id say him and hagi are identical.

With hagi signing a deal i dont think hes considered long term.

On 21/12/2022 at 22:56, Somemightsay7 said:

Bassey was here for 2 years, we didn't just sign him then move him on quickly. 

We have a fee agreed but it's then down to Tillman where he goes. 

Maybe you have a different definition of quickly but I wouldn't consider him staying for 2 years then leaving us "moving him on quickly". 

Bassey- The first season it took him time to settle in. He wasn’t a regular at first if you remember.  So his time with us was short and he moved quicker than many would have wanted. He didn’t even see his first contract through with us. 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Bassey- The first season it took him time to settle in. He wasn’t a regular at first if you remember.  So his time with us was short and he moved quicker than many would have wanted. He didn’t even see his first contract through with us. 

If I remember correctly, were Bassey and Patterson not part of the COVID Five that got their arses kicked for going to a party during lockdown?

Didn’t do them any harm :lol:

Also, I’d be really curious to see Tillman tried up front, maybe in a bounce game or a friendly behind closed doors. He’s got the ability in the air and the touch but probably not the strength or workrate yet. He reads the game better than most too.

Can’t see it happening any time soon.

On 22/12/2022 at 12:53, The Specky Liar said:

Why are people so desperate to buy him immediately? 

If he has a storming second half of the season, then he might attract the interest of other clubs in bigger leagues.

If this was to happen, then if we meet the agreed fee in the summer, he might reject the contract terms we offer, or ask for a lot more than he will at the moment, leading to him ending up at another club.

Buying him now would settle the doubts, but also runs the risk that he picks up a big injury between now and the end of the season, or he becomes absolutely chronic and realise he is not worth the fee we have paid.

48 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

If he has a storming second half of the season, then he might attract the interest of other clubs in bigger leagues.

If this was to happen, then if we meet the agreed fee in the summer, he might reject the contract terms we offer, or ask for a lot more than he will at the moment, leading to him ending up at another club.

Buying him now would settle the doubts, but also runs the risk that he picks up a big injury between now and the end of the season, or he becomes absolutely chronic and realise he is not worth the fee we have paid.

We can debate valuation all day long, but we wouldn't have won either of Beales first two games without him.

I can see Tillman in a false nine tonight. Arfield earned his start but I still don't see him as a starter when we have the likes of Lowry waiting in the wings.

McLaughlin

Tav    Goldson   Davies    Devine

Lundstram

Arfield             Kamara

Sakala      Tillman       Kent     

That's not a great team tbh.

On 22/12/2022 at 12:42, falkirkNS said:

Needs to anticipate the pace of the scottish game.

He would be a star if he could pick up the pace and read the games/tackles.

Frustrating with the final ball too and gives ut away alot. Causes havoc in 18 yard box as like aribo, hes got that 5 a side touch where the ball sticks to his feet.

Id say him and hagi are identical.

With hagi signing a deal i dont think hes considered long term.

This....

This is fucking stupid.