Leon King take a bow

Vision

7 hours ago, LewisWATP said:

Cunts writing off an 18 year old centre half, 18 year olds normally don’t break through at this age and if they do it’s rare.

this boy will come good, but as others have stated he’s being relied upon in a piss poor team with a piss poor attitude with piss poor tactics. I see a young lad that tries his heart out but ultimately inexperience gets the better off him. 

Based on what? His promising performances so far, or the fact you’ve heard he’s got potential? 

14 hours ago, WWTC said:

I 100% agree with this but the fact is the current run of injuries we have means we’re forced to go with youth.

People go on about giving other youngsters a chance over seasoned pro’s, yet when one of our apparently most promising youth players gets his chance its unfair on him. King has undoubtedly been chucked in at the deep end but he hasn’t exactly “looked good with the odd mistake”, he’s not impressed me at all. Positioning, decision making, tackling, passing…all poor. Its really a measure of where we are as a club that he’s even anywhere near the first team. 

It’s almost as if he’s just turned 18 years old.

These are the 3 main traits that experience bring.

Nothing at all wrong with his passing, that’s his strength, he’s a ball playing centre half.

Yesterdays was a shocker but that’s a decision of a player whose head is completely muddled and tbh no wonder after the past month.

5 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Seen absolute nothing to suggest that. 

2 hours ago, WWTC said:

Based on what? His promising performances so far, or the fact you’ve heard he’s got potential? 

Genuinely, why are yous acting like every game he’s played in he’s been rotten?

Why was this not a red by var, they had long enough to check it?

I know sometimes they don’t want to show injuries but if this was Morelos I’m convinced it would have been on a constant loop with walker repeatedly shouting for a red yet there was no replays  

3 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

It’s almost as if he’s just turned 18 years old.

These are the 3 main traits that experience bring.

Nothing at all wrong with his passing, that’s his strength, he’s a ball playing centre half.

Yesterdays was a shocker but that’s a decision of a player whose head is completely muddled and tbh no wonder after the past month.

Thats one of my biggest concerns, for a ball playing CB he’s fuckin horrific with a ball at his feet.

4 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Genuinely, dont see anything to suggest he will be a future Rangers CB. He’s been horrible.

:lol: 

He’s went to Anfield and looked good, was good against Hearts, and apart from the goal had a really good again against Aberdeen.

Being paired with James Sands, and Ben Davies who is apparently the experience option but plays like a school level defender at times.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

:lol: 

He’s went to Anfield and looked good, was good against Hearts, and apart from the goal had a really good again against Aberdeen.

Being paired with James Sands, and Ben Davies who is apparently the experience option but plays like a school level defender at times.

Fair enough mate, if you think he’ll go on to have a sterling Rangers career wire in but I believe you’ll be awfully disappointed 

He doesn't seem to be blessed with pace or height and even his positional and decision making seems pretty average so far from what I've seen.  He has been thrown in at the deep end and is very young for a centre back.  Probably a loan move would be best to help him develop as if he stays on the current trajectory he won't make it here.

3 hours ago, WWTC said:

The fact he’s an 18 year old centre half that strolls his age group, touted very highly by professional coaches. It’s very very clear he needs time to develop and grow. 

11 minutes ago, LewisWATP said:

The fact he’s an 18 year old centre half that strolls his age group, touted very highly by professional coaches. It’s very very clear he needs time to develop and grow. 

Thats your take on it i suppose. Problem is the ones who really do stroll it at their age group have a bit about them by 18-19. Wilson, Fleck, Gilmour, Paterson…they strolled their age groups.

1 minute ago, WWTC said:

Thats your take on it i suppose. Problem is the ones who really do stroll it at their age group have a bit about them by 18-19. Wilson, Fleck, Gilmour, Paterson…they strolled their age groups.

Centre half is a very physically demanding position, he still needs to grow and I just feel it needs to be done slowly with patience. As you said though, everyone has a different take on it and that’s fine. 

I think it’s clear the plan this year was Goldson - Davies - souttar - Helander - sands - king in that order for appearances. Kings been given a hard task to fill the first 4s boots with major lack of experience at first team level. 

5 minutes ago, LewisWATP said:

Centre half is a very physically demanding position, he still needs to grow and I just feel it needs to be done slowly with patience. As you said though, everyone has a different take on it and that’s fine. 

I think it’s clear the plan this year was Goldson - Davies - souttar - Helander - sands - king in that order for appearances. Kings been given a hard task to fill the first 4s boots with major lack of experience at first team level. 

Hopefully your right pal as we all want him to be a success. You touched on it there though; someone somewhere thought he was ready to be pushed into the first team setup, even as a back up to our main CB’s, and imo he isnt even ready for that. He’s 19 in a few months, Danny Wilson was miles infront of him at his age and turned out average at best. 

Glad Leon is OK after that bad knock. He has had a good chance to impress unlike many other young players and unfortunatly we have learned that he will make a good centre back for Swindon Town, Forest Green Rovers or perhaps Chippenham Town but not Rangers. He is not good enough. Needs to be moved on. You cant keep players who fail to deliver. It sends out the wrong message. If Leon is moved on it clearly lets the young players know if you get a chance take it or you are done.

4 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

Why was this not a red by var, they had long enough to check it?

I know sometimes they don’t want to show injuries but if this was Morelos I’m convinced it would have been on a constant loop with walker repeatedly shouting for a red yet there was no replays  

IMG_3972.MOV

Main contact seems to be the st mirren boys hip and King's back?