AGM 2022

JCDBigBear

41 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Am starting to wonder if online forums are on a different universe to reality. The Sydney fiasco was huge news across all forums get to agm time they leave without even a hint of it

The problem with online forums is they can create an echo chamber of views that aren’t representative of the wider support who I would suggest, the majority are focused on winning games and trophies than the fact that Edmiston House is over budget and not opening on time, as an example.

3 minutes ago, ayro said:

The problem with online forums is they can create an echo chamber of views that aren’t representative of the wider support who I would suggest, the majority are focused on winning games and trophies than the fact that Edmiston House is over budget and not opening on time, as an example.

I mean, the 'wider support' were pretty vociferous in their opposition to Angefest yet there was silence today.

Just now, The Dude said:

I mean, the 'wider support' were pretty vociferous in their opposition to Angefest yet there was silence today.

Agreed but it was months ago and never happened so the wider support don’t give a fuck about it now.

Fucks sake the support were split about the demonstration at Dundee regarding it.

Its back on the radar because of the court case but that will likely be settled before anything becomes public and again the wider support won’t give a fuck.

Nothing about how shambolic supporters were treated going to the Euro League Final? 

Worst ever team in Champions League history? 

Our Board ambition is to get as much cash as possible face no scrutiny and oh well we've came second again. 

Ross Wilson outstanding :lol: just fucking wow. 

Here's the 'science' Ross Wilson dismissed...

Chairman Dave King - who will step down from his role next year - asked Wilson to estimate the value of Gers' player pool.

And after discussions with Steven Gerrard, Wilson estimated that the current squad could one day be worth £103m.

Speaking at today's AGM, outgoing King explained: "Based on discussions and offers that we have received from other clubs, I have had a personal comfort for some time that the value of our squad is significantly higher than the book value reflected on our balance sheet.

"I therefore decided, initially for my own comfort, to request the new director of football, Ross Wilson, to give me his fair value estimate of the individual players making up the player pool.

"Ross completed this exercise in consultation with the manager and provided me with two estimates.

"The first is the estimate of present market value and the second included a projection as to where some of our players could get to if they continue to progress as expected.

2 minutes ago, ayro said:

Agreed but it was months ago and never happened so the wider support don’t give a fuck about it now.

Fucks sake the support were split about the demonstration at Dundee regarding it.

Its back on the radar because of the court case but that will likely be settled before anything becomes public and again the wider support won’t give a fuck.

The support also don't give a fuck that some old bloke can't get into the Albion car park or that some Walter Mitty cunt has 'access to high worth individuals'. And they certainly don't give a flying fuck about some loonballs Covid conspiracy nonsense.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Protests happened at games, banners, songs etc about Australia so it wasn’t just online

Yep, with the demonstration at Dundee splitting the support 🤯.

The protest against Australia is probably the most united I have seen the support since 2012, prior to that fuck knows when the support were that together and focused.

Like them or not but Heart & Hand carry the biggest perspective of online support, if they are the Board shill that a lot of people consider them to be, then the online support are dancing to the Boards tune anyway.

3 minutes ago, ayro said:

Yep, with the demonstration at Dundee splitting the support 🤯.

The protest against Australia is probably the most united I have seen the support since 2012, prior to that fuck knows when the support were that together and focused.

Like them or not but Heart & Hand carry the biggest perspective of online support, if they are the Board shill that a lot of people consider them to be, then the online support are dancing to the Boards tune anyway.

They have just over 6k patrons for their podcast, hardly a big number

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

The forums are massively disconnected from your average fan.

On the forums we focus on an issue, then work ourselves into a frenzy.

Most folk on the AUS's thing probably go through this thought process:-

Arrange a friend with them in Australia? Fuck that.

Oh, they have cancelled it. Good.

Why can't I buy stocking fillers and how do I get into the carpark?

Nah 

there was chants about it , protests at dens park where the game got delayed  and banners all over the rangers sections at St Johnstone all in relation to it . Supporters busses , pubs etc it was a massive discussion at the time and was certainly not just frenzied discussions on forums