*****Rangers v Bayer Leverkusen*****

G.E.C.

7 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

Beat Real Madrid in a friendly after 55, full board rippin the heid aff it after the match. We blew it to Malmo days later and threw away the league.

Beat West Ham pre season, Rabbi Matondo looked like he was a player and folk on here lapping it up. We blew the league before the world cup.

Beat Leverkusen and yet again folk thinking it means something...

Gave you a like cuz you were on 1872 and you are not worthy of that number

1 minute ago, DiamondDan said:

Mugs overlooking a multitude of problems and convincing themselves that all is well, on the basis of a friendly result makes me depressed.

Failure to learn lessons from the past makes me depressed.

i’m glad you’re depressed, but other than people saying there were positive signs and a very obvious change in style i don’t know and haven’t seen anyone claim anything other than that?

maybe it was jim ballantyne who text you about your actual club? 

46 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Mugs overlooking a multitude of problems and convincing themselves that all is well, on the basis of a friendly result makes me depressed.

42 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

i’m glad you’re depressed, but other than people saying there were positive signs and a very obvious change in style i don’t know and haven’t seen anyone claim anything other than that?

maybe it was jim ballantyne who text you about your actual club? 

I think there were good signs from the friendly, but I also think too many have done a 180 from the squad clearly needing significant work to ‘actually it was all Gio’s fault and were just unlucky with injuries’ far too quickly. 

The bulk of this team needs ripped up and replaced. Team is far too stale, and some fans are far too comfortable with mediocrity. 

15 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I think there were good signs from the friendly, but I also think too many have done a 180 from the squad clearly needing significant work to ‘actually it was all Gio’s fault and were just unlucky with injuries’ far too quickly. 

The bulk of this team needs ripped up and replaced. Team is far too stale, and some fans are far too comfortable with mediocrity. 

Not sure sure it’s being comfortable with mediocrity as such, fully aware of the situation, being realistic and appreciating and the likelihood of that happening is far more like it.

January is never a good time to rebuild, so likely one or two coming in at the most.

So we’re stuck with the players we have for one or two windows. We’re trying to look to the positives 👍

19 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

we do have a good squad but it needs utilised and played to its strengths, what geo was doing was stifling a lot of players who’s instinct is to go forward, not pass around like a shite barcelona.

it lost us our spark and our fitness went downhill as well. 

let’s just see how it goes

3 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

we do have a good squad but it needs utilised and played to its strengths, what geo was doing was stifling a lot of players who’s instinct is to go forward, not pass around like a shite barcelona.

it lost us our spark and our fitness went downhill as well. 

let’s just see how it goes

Our trophy count suggests otherwise.

Far too easy to blame Gio, and turn a blind eye to the failings of the majority of this squad for the last 4-5 years.

Beale will 100% get more out of us, and might close the gap, but we’ve so many players who are too injury prone, past it, don’t won’t to be here, or aren’t good enough.

Summer must be a significant rebuild.

19 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

it’s too easy to blame gio? he played a pathetic walking pace game that didn’t suit us whatsoever, he dropped our high intensity game that was successful enough to get us to a european final and win the scottish cup, the reason this season has been so bad is on gios style, let’s see how we go under beale, he’s already making noises that the fitness levels are shite and that players can’t be held back, basically that gio was stifling players 

I don’t disagree with that but Gio had only been here a year, and the issue of crumbling under any real pressure has been here much longer than that. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

I don’t disagree with that but Gio had only been here a year, and the issue of crumbling under any real pressure has been here much longer than that. 

there’d have been no pressure in the last 11 year or so than leipzig at home.

gio let us play with a belief then, and we came through that. 

i didn’t want beale but without getting the airdrie bam to upset, there was a marked difference in pace, press and style of play on saturday, should that carry on then it will see us in a better place, because the team looked so much more comfortable playing that way than they have done in recent months 

4 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

And in that year he had turned us into a borefest and brought our fitness levels down to an embarrassing level.

Under gio there was no obvious style of play,no urgency and his whole appearance of doom and gloom in front of the dugout and in front of the cameras was rubbing off on everyone players and fans .

Only time will tell if Beale is the answer but just seeing his enthusiasm is a bonus.

I think Dominic Diamond would actually have been happier if we got fucked on Saturday,how you can take anything negative from a good result is baffling.

Only our fans could still be complaining after a good win v a Bundesliga side. Leverkusan had quite a strong team out, Tah, Wirtz have both played for Germany. The GK is the Finnish number 1. 

Sadly 10 points (if you included GD) is going to be insurmountable, but I have hope we can win the 2 cups

5 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Gio turned us from probably the fittest team in Europe given the evidence of last season to a static, lazy looking team the bored the fuck out of everyone and has the worst ever CL group stage performance as well. 

On 10/12/2022 at 23:45, Drunk and disorderly. said:

The guy who wrapped his arm around Tillman's neck and decked him would have have been carded if it was a competitive match.

They played pretty dirty overall considering it was a friendly. 

Glad it wasn't just me thinking this. Just watched it again. Unreal. 

25 minutes ago, Madina said:

Only our fans could still be complaining after a good win v a Bundesliga side. Leverkusan had quite a strong team out, Tah, Wirtz have both played for Germany. The GK is the Finnish number 1. 

Sadly 10 points (if you included GD) is going to be insurmountable, but I have hope we can win the 2 cups

I don’t think anyones complained about it at all. Everyone saw the positives in it.

What I am saying is that a good performance in a friendly (against a team Beale said are a few weeks behind us) isn’t enough to change what’s gone on the last 6 months.

25 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Gio turned us from probably the fittest team in Europe given the evidence of last season to a static, lazy looking team the bored the fuck out of everyone and has the worst ever CL group stage performance as well. 

We still blew the league again, even when we were looking fit and sharp on our way to a European final.

Squad needs an overhaul.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

I don’t think anyones complained about it at all. Everyone saw the positives in it.

What I am saying is that a good performance in a friendly (against a team Beale said are a few weeks behind us) isn’t enough to change what’s gone on the last 6 months.

Not sure anyone said it was, at least seriously in anyway.

12 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

I think everyone is aware of the problems we have had but it was a good result friendly or not let's see if we can take that into our upcoming games could have just been the boost we needed