Current players for the off imo.

1 hour ago, sausagetrunks said:

we will not be getting rid of 10 players.  we ain't the money to replace, it will be a slow gradual process.

I actually think Beale getting rid of the dead wood quickly would be correct. Set down a marker in a sense. Make the squad which is bloated leaner.  Show he won’t take any  nonsense and make the team his own. For instance, many on here myself included think Jack’s time at club is over. Let him go at end of season and give McCann his shirt. Allow the boy to get the playing opportunities Jack would normally get. I’d be doing this now tbh as league is arguable out of reach unless celtic collapse.  The boy could flourish(I think he’s a good player tbh).  Lowry and Arfield is the the same, although I do think Arfield contributes more than Jack these days.

Both young players are going to be fitter, more mobile, perhaps more enthusiastic(eager)  and cheaper than the senior players. We can use the saved money from Jack and Arfield wages to go towards a new first team player. 

Ideally you get rid of just about everybody who has been here since Gerrard's first two years but it doesnt work that way.

We're going to have to be patient over the next couple of windows and factor in what contracts are finishing up etc.

Everyone who is out of contract in the summer should be gone and that includes Kent who seems to be more interested since Beale came back.

There's nobody in our squad worth much money at this point. There was Kamara but his form, like everyone elses, has tanked in the last 6-9 months.

They fall into a few categories for me, as the changes have to be incremental and can't all be in January/summer:

MUST GO:

• Helander
  • Sands
  • Wright
  • Roofe
  • McGregor :sad:
  • McLaughlin

CAN STAY IF WE ADD QUALITY & COMPETITION FOR PLACES ALONGSIDE THEM - LIST BELOW WOULD BECOME OUR SQUAD PLAYERS:

• Jack
  • Kamara
  • Sakala
  • Matondo (on basis there's some kind of player there and shows some evidence of it in next few months - if not, MUST GO)
  • Hagi (only because we've given him a contract, not because I like him - if we are offered anything north of £5m for him, sell sell sell)

SHOULD STAY:

• Lundstram
  • Morelos
  • Colak
  • Kent
  • Tav
  • Borna
  • Yilmaz (until we figure out what's going on with him but if not settled, sell and get some money back)
  • Lawrence
  • Tillman (if we can afford)
  • Devine (future player)
  • Goldson
  • Davies
  • Lowry

NEED:

• Pace and power in middle of park
  • Powerful centre half or 2 (we should have 4 CH's)
  • Natural right sided attacker - Candeias is still the best we've had there in last 10 years

1 hour ago, evenstevens said:

They fall into a few categories for me, as the changes have to be incremental and can't all be in January/summer:

MUST GO:

• Helander
  • Sands
  • Wright
  • Roofe
  • McGregor :sad:
  • McLaughlin

CAN STAY IF WE ADD QUALITY & COMPETITION FOR PLACES ALONGSIDE THEM - LIST BELOW WOULD BECOME OUR SQUAD PLAYERS:

• Jack
  • Kamara
  • Sakala
  • Matondo (on basis there's some kind of player there and shows some evidence of it in next few months - if not, MUST GO)
  • Hagi (only because we've given him a contract, not because I like him - if we are offered anything north of £5m for him, sell sell sell)

SHOULD STAY:

• Lundstram
  • Morelos
  • Colak
  • Kent
  • Tav
  • Borna
  • Yilmaz (until we figure out what's going on with him but if not settled, sell and get some money back)
  • Lawrence
  • Tillman (if we can afford)
  • Devine (future player)
  • Goldson
  • Davies
  • Lowry

NEED:

• Pace and power in middle of park
  • Powerful centre half or 2 (we should have 4 CH's)
  • Natural right sided attacker - Candeias is still the best we've had there in last 10 years

What about the likes of Arfield and Davis.....who will be our no1 Keeper in your squad?

2 minutes ago, gj923 said:

What about the likes of Arfield and Davis.....who will be our no1 Keeper in your squad?

Davis, sadly, I'm writing off as retired.

Arfield I'm assuming will go into coaching side at some point and will be welcome until that point.  

Goalie - yeah, missed that 1, we need a new number 1. 

1 hour ago, evenstevens said:

Davis, sadly, I'm writing off as retired.

Arfield I'm assuming will go into coaching side at some point and will be welcome until that point.  

Goalie - yeah, missed that 1, we need a new number 1. 

Davis - yeah

Arfield - changed my mind and provided his next contract is on reduced terms I am happy for him to remain

I worry who Wilson will get as a new keeper

The biggest problem we have with needing players gone is that we need to find clubs willing to take them.  We have signed far too many players on lengthy contracts at high salaries but who are simply not good enough.  Most should never have been signed.

Anyway, players I'd definitely like to see gone as soon as possible are:

Roofe, Sakala, Matondo, Hagi, Ofoborh, Wright, Kent, Souttar, Kamara.

I believe the following are out of contract at the end of the season so they should go: Helander, Jack, Davis, McGregor

Sands and Tillman should go back after their loans expire (or sooner).  Sands is utter mince.  Tillman is far too lazy and disappears in games plus the fee is too high for him.

I haven't made up my mind on Lawrence, Davies or Yilmaz although I think we paid far too much for the last two.

Finally and most importantly, Ross Wilson needs booted out.

Write down the squad list of 30.

Anyone under the age of 22 is safe.

Remove anyone who is injury prone/ not played more than 50% of games since they’ve been here.
Remove anyone 35 or over.

Then write down the players in order of ability and get rid of the worst.

You get something like:

Davis, McGregor, McLaughlin, Sands, Roofe, Helander, Wright, Matondo, Jack, Arfield, Souttar

That’s your 10-11 you can let go. Brings down your average age a lot. None of those players we would really miss next year. 

Then you concentrate your budget on new keeper, cm, right wing/forward, striker.

All 4 need to be first team quality and able to contribute from the get go.

Then you can add 1-2 young project players on top for the future and maybe some depth in eg cb on a free/loan.

4 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

The biggest problem we have with needing players gone is that we need to find clubs willing to take them.  We have signed far too many players on lengthy contracts at high salaries but who are simply not good enough.  Most should never have been signed.

I believe the following are out of contract at the end of the season so they should go: Helander, Jack, Davis, McGregor

Sands and Tillman should go back after their loans expire (or sooner).  Sands is utter mince.  Tillman is far too lazy and disappears in games plus the fee is too high for him.

I haven't made up my mind on Lawrence, Davies or Yilmaz although I think we paid far too much for the last two.

I agree with almost all of your post mate. An on form Kent I would keep assuming he wants to fuckin stay ! 

52 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Actually forgot about him completely 

Yet another failing is the vacuum of information about this lad.

Its tragic for him but it’s only fair to keep the club’s supporters up to date, even occasionally.

They must know by now if he’s ever likely to play and, if his career is over, it would be better for him to move on and start a new life outside of football.

I wish him well, whatever happens.

3 hours ago, BlueAvenger said:

I agree with almost all of your post mate. An on form Kent I would keep assuming he wants to fuckin stay ! 

Not saying Kent wants to go, but at the same time I can't say he wants to stay so for me he should have been given the ultimatum in the summer and sold when he made it clear his heart wasn't in it.

I also don't buy into the bullshit about downing tools under gio/preferring to play for Beale. If that's genuine then he should be shown the door asap as well 

Any player not 100% commited should never be allowed to pull on our shirt again. 

Even worse when you read other threads saying both Kent and Morelos are must be resigned

3 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Yet another failing is the vacuum of information about this lad.

Its tragic for him but it’s only fair to keep the club’s supporters up to date, even occasionally.

They must know by now if he’s ever likely to play and, if his career is over, it would be better for him to move on and start a new life outside of football.

I wish him well, whatever happens.

It’s frustrating but with this type of medical problem there could be all sorts of legal reasons. Total guesswork but it could be anything from a dispute between clubs (was this a known/hidden problem before he moved from Bournemouth) with the club looking into potential compensation.

Insurance payouts-How long are we obligated to pay his salary? Are we in dispute with anyone over this? What insurance do we or the player have? Does the insurance company recognise the medical claim? Is it correctly covered. Is the player on medication and being monitored with a view to playing again? What medical confidentiality does the player have? We might never play him again but he might want to continue playing elsewhere and us speaking could jeopardise a future move. 

4 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

We've got below out of contract 

Kent, Morelos, Jack, Helander, Arfield, Davis and McGregor. 

I'd honestly let all go. Kent and Morelos will want higher wages to stay. With the kind of rebuild we need I just don't think it's worth it. 

Fully agree on Wilson. Unfortunately the board were praising him at the AGM. He's here for the foreseeable. 

5 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We've got below out of contract 

Kent, Morelos, Jack, Helander, Arfield, Davis and McGregor. 

I'd honestly let all go. Kent and Morelos will want higher wages to stay. With the kind of rebuild we need I just don't think it's worth it. 

Fully agree on Wilson. Unfortunately the board were praising him at the AGM. He's here for the foreseeable. 

I think what we need to consider when re-signing any player is what they offer in terms of the finances. Kent and Alfie may want a bigger wage, but that has to be balanced against any potential profit for us. 

Morelos cost us around £1m, and Kent around £7m (not including any wage packet). These players are (for us), expensive assets. In my opinion, both still offer some kind of value on the pitch in terms of goals / play. We'd probably get around £3 / 4m if we are lucky for each player now and i'm not sure we can get that sort of value by signing elsewhere. 

That, and with the major rebuild we need in other areas of the pitch, i think we'll end up moving heaven and earth to keep both. I'm not saying it's the right thing to do, but i think that Kent and Morelos are issues we will sign on for again, and then deal with replacing them at a later date. 

Out of your list i'd sign Arfield again on a limited deal, but the rest must go. We really need to be looking at getting massive value for our money, and trying to get players like Kamara back to the form and value he used to sit at. 

1 hour ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I think what we need to consider when re-signing any player is what they offer in terms of the finances. Kent and Alfie may want a bigger wage, but that has to be balanced against any potential profit for us. 

Morelos cost us around £1m, and Kent around £7m (not including any wage packet). These players are (for us), expensive assets. In my opinion, both still offer some kind of value on the pitch in terms of goals / play. We'd probably get around £3 / 4m if we are lucky for each player now and i'm not sure we can get that sort of value by signing elsewhere. 

That, and with the major rebuild we need in other areas of the pitch, i think we'll end up moving heaven and earth to keep both. I'm not saying it's the right thing to do, but i think that Kent and Morelos are issues we will sign on for again, and then deal with replacing them at a later date. 

Out of your list i'd sign Arfield again on a limited deal, but the rest must go. We really need to be looking at getting massive value for our money, and trying to get players like Kamara back to the form and value he used to sit at. 

Actually going to be mental this summer with much of a makeover this club needs. :lol:

Kamara and Alfredo have a stinking attitude to their employers.

Can't stand watching them now. Morelos' weight says it all and Kamara is a shadow of his former self.

At least Kent and Sakala had a right go at them.

They would be the ones I'd definitely like to see punted on asap.

1 hour ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I can see the argument for Kent. Considering how much we've invested in him and wanting to see some money back. 

Morelos but I just feel time is up. The problems outweigh the benefits now. I think we need a fresh start with a new lead striker. Worry of course is what kind of striker Wilson and co would possibly line up.