Safe Standing (Yup, again)

Loyal72

Club1872 today has stated that they have received overwhelming support from their members for Safe Standing at Ibrox, and are now launching a formal poll.

Probably nothing happens on this again, an area of reluctance by this board.

Or we will get told can't afford it etc, by the same brassneck mob that started asking fans for 50k.

Club1872 had 7 members at their AGM this month and King has now distanced himself from them, regardless of how many shares they have they are irrelevant now.

Some influential people at Rangers will need to have a complete 180 on safe standing for it to happen.

23 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Club1872 had 7 members at their AGM this month and King has now distanced himself from them, regardless of how many shares they have they are irrelevant now.

Some influential people at Rangers will need to have a complete 180 on safe standing for it to happen.

Yeah, I don't see Club1872 forcing the issue, just thought it was relevant to bring up again as it's doing the rounds.

See that lot are campaigning now for a full stand to be converted, we're miles behind the game here.

We're cutting our stadium allocation, completely the opposite way.

A frustrating area of discussion for me. Been trying for years to get safe standing.

55 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Let's get the disabled and vulnerable supporters sorted first then push hard for safe standing. 

Or let’s do both? The club are being wideos here imo they will rightfully sort the disabled supporters facility’s but then rule out safe standing saying because of the new disabled facility’s around the ground it’s now not possible. 

Get a plan and do both together I’m sure the supporters will put their hands in their pockets again to help with funding if necessary 

39 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

I wouldn't mind chipping in to pay for safe standing, the club have been told this multiple times from multiple sources.

Broomloan Collective, UB, individual supporters and RSCs have all said we'd cough up required cash.

But we keep getting told can't afford it or no appetite for it.

They're doing new lounges, Edmiston House, going to build flats, but won't give the bread and butter safe standing.

Fucking weird and frustrating.

There’s no extra money to be made from safe standing, that’s why they don’t give a fuck. If they thought they could squeeze another few quid out us you can guarantee it’d be in place already. 

3 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

They're doing new lounges, Edmiston House, going to build flats, but won't give the bread and butter safe standing.

Typical men in suits attitude from the board, corporate £ chasing we’l end up as boring as epl stadiums. It’s a disgrace no regards for the common fan. 

2 hours ago, SPWF said:

There’s no extra money to be made from safe standing, that’s why they don’t give a fuck. If they thought they could squeeze another few quid out us you can guarantee it’d be in place already. 

Spot on, the only way this would ever fly with the current board is if they were charging a premium for a safe standing section. Could just imagine a European night for example, £50 or whatever for a standard seat, £75 for the standing section. 

11 minutes ago, TBagalag said:

Spot on, the only way this would ever fly with the current board is if they were charging a premium for a safe standing section. Could just imagine a European night for example, £50 or whatever for a standard seat, £75 for the standing section. 

In contrast am looking at 14 euro for standing for Hoffenheim vs Dortmund  next Saturday,  looking to go myself. Plus of course you can have a beer in view of the pitch ( normal in Germany  ).

The only possibility for safe standing at Ibrox is if the current safety guidelines for one standing place for one seat is amended. It just does not make any economic sense for the Board to spend what would be a considerable amount of money, for no increase in capacity. Based on the German model, you could take the Broomloan front front from 3000 or so to nearly double that, but there is no way in hell that any politician in charge of safety certificates is ever going to agree to that.

I am afraid that at Ibrox it will be skint knees and shins for ever more.

51 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

The only possibility for safe standing at Ibrox is if the current safety guidelines for one standing place for one seat is amended. It just does not make any economic sense for the Board to spend what would be a considerable amount of money, for no increase in capacity. Based on the German model, you could take the Broomloan front front from 3000 or so to nearly double that, but there is no way in hell that any politician in charge of safety certificates is ever going to agree to that.

I am afraid that at Ibrox it will be skint knees and shins for ever more.

If that lot can convert a full stand into safe standing why the hell can't we? It's not a matter of cost, supporters have already said we'll contribute.

The board have no apparent appetite for improving the Matchday experience at Ibrox.

3 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

If that lot can convert a full stand into safe standing why the hell can't we?

One seat for one standing area. No increase in capacity and therefore revenue. No increase in revenue, no interest from Rangers board. If punters were prepared to pay the same price for a standing ticket as for a seat, but with double the number of places available, then no brainer.

5 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

One seat for one standing area. No increase in capacity and therefore revenue. No increase in revenue, no interest from Rangers board. If punters were prepared to pay the same price for a standing ticket as for a seat, but with double the number of places available, then no brainer.

I'd pay more for a standing seat, I'd contribute towards the funds for it being implemented.

We're just being treated as an after thought tbh.

35 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

I'm gonna take a slagging but genuine question, what makes it safe? I assume the room is more than before and capacity stays at current level, so why not just stand now?

Just fail to see the appeal of it but I assume I'm in the minority.

Everybody in BF does stand 

15 hours ago, lewislaudrup said:

Won't happen now with disabled areas going at the back of the stands

The disabled areas wouldn't be impacted if the standing section rails begin in front of the viewing platform row. Someone standing in front of the elevated platform doesn't block the line of site of the person sitting in the wheelchair on the platform. 

You could easily have standing at the front, wheelchair viewing platform directly behind and then the 3 rows of ambulant seating at the very back for the elderly or those with mobility problems. Would actually divide the stand(s) up in a very orderly way. 

4 minutes ago, left winger said:

Why would people spend more money to have a standing area when they already stand in that area?

Because safe standing is the way forward for modern stadiums in the UK and Europe and we don’t want to see Ibrox lagging behind the rest. Also would be more comfortable to stand than it is just now with  cunts falling over seats and rattling shins of them.  

1 hour ago, Mojo84 said:

The disabled areas wouldn't be impacted if the standing section rails begin in front of the viewing platform row. Someone standing in front of the elevated platform doesn't block the line of site of the person sitting in the wheelchair on the platform. 

You could easily have standing at the front, wheelchair viewing platform directly behind and then the 3 rows of ambulant seating at the very back for the elderly or those with mobility problems. Would actually divide the stand(s) up in a very orderly way. 

Ah fair enough I thought it maybe would have been case if everyone was standing it would have restricted the viewing. In that case both ends should be all standing. Or the enclosures