Summer signings have only played 43% of games.

Loyal72

Some of the summer signings have just had bad luck and some we shouldn't have signed.

Our high profile signings Yilmaz & Lawrence were hardly injured for their previous teams but just picked up hamstring & knee injuries with us. Matondo (although pish) Tillman apart from a minor knock, Cantwell and Raskin have all been fine.

Souttar was as injury prone as they come before we signed him and it's the same story with us now. Im sure we signed Davies knowing he wasnt fit to come straight into the 1st team aswell.

Its the players we signed in previous seasons that are having a knock on effect. Roofe is another whos injuries are now catching up with him, Helander is done and Hagi was unlucky getting a bad injury so cant be too harsh.

Questions need to be asked of the medical team and fitness coaches why players are injured for so long and how we manage their recovery if it can be done quicker. 

What's Lawrence's injury btw he's been out almost the season and I don't remember it being reported what the injury was? 12 weeks remaining of the season if we reach the final of the Scottish cup. We probably won't see Souttar, yilmaz, Lawrence until next season now our luck with injuries has been brutal this year 

7 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

What's Lawrence's injury btw he's been out almost the season and I don't remember it being reported what the injury was? 12 weeks remaining of the season if we reach the final of the Scottish cup. We probably won't see Souttar, yilmaz, Lawrence until next season now our luck with injuries has been brutal this year 

Yilmaz is due back imminently, probably right about the other two.

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

Yilmaz is due back imminently, probably right about the other two.

Imminently? He's training on his own and not with the squad yet. I expect he is still weeks away.

The worst-case scenario for a fully torn hamstring is twelve weeks. Ridvan has exceeded it. 

I could be speculating, but I question his commitment. There have always been murmurs of him returning to a big club in Turkey.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Imminently? He's training on his own and not with the squad yet. I expect he is still weeks away.

The worst-case scenario for a fully torn hamstring is twelve weeks. Ridvan has exceeded it. 

I could be speculating, but I question his commitment. There have always been murmurs of him returning to a big club in Turkey.

Beale said he was 3 or 4 weeks away a fortnight ago and hasn't mentioned him having a setback.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

He also said he would only sign players who go straight into the starting 11.

It's pretty clear that Raskin and Cantwell have both been signed as first team players for the coming years.

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

It's pretty clear that Raskin and Cantwell have both been signed as first team players for the coming years.

C'mon, mate. Don't defend him here. We signed them for games like Sunday. He fucked it. Only at Rangers does it take time to bed in players when there is no need. Raskin has looked like he belongs since his first kick of a ball.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

C'mon, mate. Don't defend him here. We signed them for games like Sunday. He fucked it. Only at Rangers does it take time to bed in players when there is no need. Raskin has looked like he belongs since his first kick of a ball.

How am I defending him? I'm not saying he got it right but they're both clearly going to be first team players for the foreseeable unless they're shite.

The bit about players only needing time to bed in at Rangers is laughable.

5 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

How am I defending him? I'm not saying he got it right but they're both clearly going to be first team players for the foreseeable unless they're shite.

The bit about players only needing time to bed in at Rangers is laughable.

Laughable? What other reason is there why they were on the bench if not to ease them in slowly? Especially, as you say, they are the future. (in other words, good enough)

I initially understand Beale's explanation behind starting Kamara & Lundstram, but the fact he doubled down after the match and still didn't admit his error was concerning.