Sands away

esquire8

They certainly seem to rate him, gave him a contract extension and this

“James is not only a special player; he is also a natural leader and fantastic role model, and with his added experience in Europe, we see him as a key player who will immediately help our team contend for more trophies. Since day one, our fans have been supportive of James and I'm sure that the return of one of their own and a player of his caliber will be a moment of celebration.” 

1 hour ago, spanther22 said:

“James is not only a special player; he is also a natural leader and fantastic role model, and with his added experience in Europe, we see him as a key player who will immediately help our team contend for more trophies. Since day one, our fans have been supportive of James and I'm sure that the return of one of their own and a player of his caliber will be a moment of celebration.” 

Spanther22 continued, ‘I’d certainly like to bum James if given the chance, but unfortunately he’s out the country now and I’m banned from the states.’ 

3 hours ago, spanther22 said:

Rename yourself kylethequeerdo ya freak 

He was the right player at the wrong time for us, our midfield is crying out for someone whos athletic and injury free and can cover lots of ground

But he needs a player beside him, and we still havent got one yet unless raskin slots in immediately 

5 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

He was the right player at the wrong time for us, our midfield is crying out for someone whos athletic and injury free and can cover lots of ground

But he needs a player beside him, and we still havent got one yet unless raskin slots in immediately 

How was he the right player 😂 

100% only saying that cos of who signed him

Was he fuck the right player. We need midfielders that can take the ball on the turn, play forward, get in the box. Our attacking contributions from midfield are shite. And we get pummelled in the possession stats whenever we play celtic. 

There are loads of average CDM like Sands about that can run a bit

I liked the lad and thought he was decent. He came in to defence at start of season when Goldson was poor and at times i thought was more reliable than Goldson then. He then stayed there when Goldson was injured. He wasn’t brilliant but to me wasn’t dreadful either. He should have perhaps gotten more of a run as a holding mid, as to me he was a decent passer of ball, tackler and decent in the air, unlike some of our midfield.  Don’t ever remember thinking the boy was hiding either unlike some.

So I feel a wee bit like we didn’t make this lad better for us and himself. Wasted opportunity perhaps. Tbh there is a few I’d like to see out the door before him.

As others have said, timing of this seems a bit odd too. Thank him for his efforts and Wish him all the best in future and we move on as always. 

21 hours ago, Drumloyal said:

Shite player who had 1 good game.

I'm sick of the sentimentality, ruthlessness is absolutely required now, cull the fucking herd.

I hope Mr Beale has the minerals for what's to come in the summer.

He never had the minerals to start his new signings in a cup final then never had the minerals to change at half time even when he knew it wasn’t working, didn’t want to throw the players who had let him down under a bus, put his players feelings above the club standards he likes to yak on about  

8 hours ago, The Specky Liar said:

How was he the right player 😂 

100% only saying that cos of who signed him

Someone mobile and athletic who can cover the ground and just allow the better players to do what they do best 

Maurice edu was brutal on the ball, but his athleticism and work rate supplemented our midfield at the time 

Instead now our sitting midfielders either can't be arsed or cannot do the simple things like cover the ground 

We badly need someone to do the donkey work in the middle of the park

Oh and it was Wilson who signed him, fuck him 

8 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

Was he fuck the right player. We need midfielders that can take the ball on the turn, play forward, get in the box. Our attacking contributions from midfield are shite. And we get pummelled in the possession stats whenever we play celtic. 

There are loads of average CDM like Sands about that can run a bit

Yet we have 3 who either cannot be arsed or havent got the ability to be arsed anymore

Do you think sands would have put in such a letharic and lazy shift as both lundstram and kamara did last weekend, 

Our best ever manager had a habit of taking guys who would work their arse off before guys who wanted to be flashy

55 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Yet we have 3 who either cannot be arsed or havent got the ability to be arsed anymore

Do you think sands would have put in such a letharic and lazy shift as both lundstram and kamara did last weekend, 

Our best ever manager had a habit of taking guys who would work their arse off before guys who wanted to be flashy

Who was it that said something like “Hard work beats skill every time if skill doesn’t work hard”? 

Or did I just make that quote up 😂

12 hours ago, TamCoopz said:

We paid him 3 million a year in wages so not really 

No we didn’t. Absolutely no way he went out on loan earning a little over 4k per week and we bumped it up to 60k a week before he went back down to a fraction of that when he returned to NYCFC. 

Beale saying he asked to leave a month ago but he convinced him to stay until the final in case Davies or Goldson got injured because he would need to play.

He must have no faith in King at all, should be looking to cash in if that's the case.

13 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Beale saying he asked to leave a month ago but he convinced him to stay until the final in case Davies or Goldson got injured because he would need to play.

He must have no faith in King at all, should be looking to cash in if that's the case.

Not sure that’s right. King was 18 when he last played for us. He’s probably 3-4 years away from being close to his peak.

Don’t think any of us would trust him starting against celtic. But doesn’t mean to say he can’t be 4th or 5th choice CB. (And we will go into next season with 2 back ups in the squad at least). Fill a home grown spot. Potentially go out on loan to get experience.

I don’t personally rate him but I don’t think it’s black or white if he isn’t good enough then sell him when the boy is still a kid.

In many ways he fits perfectly what you want from your 4th choice CB. Ticks a home grown squad box. Won’t sulk at not playing each week. Young and improving. Unlikely to have to call on him to play. Injury free. Low wages.