Europe 23/24

Would like to see us go deep in the EL but even after last night I think we could potentially get to the semi or final of the ECL if the players and management were up for it and treated it the way West Ham did last year. 

Don’t think it’ll happen though. Our performances in Europe since reaching the final have been really disappointing, almost like at least we tried kind of thing. I’d have loved us to cement ourselves as a half decent European outfit especially in the EL, but we seem to have lost that aura that we rode on for a few years under Gerrard and Gios first season. 

8 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Would like to see us go deep in the EL but even after last night I think we could potentially get to the semi or final of the ECL if the players and management were up for it and treated it the way West Ham did last year. 

Don’t think it’ll happen though. Our performances in Europe since reaching the final have been really disappointing, almost like at least we tried kind of thing. I’d have loved us to cement ourselves as a half decent European outfit especially in the EL, but we seem to have lost that aura that we rode on for a few years under Gerrard and Gios first season. 

On the basis of last night mate the only thing going deep in the EL will be other teams, in us. 

Mixed emotions today......

Champions league - money is great, but do I want to sit through another 6 humiliating gubbings? Nope! You can't bed in new players or show your best team off whilst getting a  cunt of a thrashing

Europa league - less dosh, but we can be competitive. We can look forward to games instead of dreading them. We can show players off to their best abilities.

Bottom line - money, or have a chance of winning games? It's the latter for me.

16 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Mixed emotions today......

Champions league - money is great, but do I want to sit through another 6 humiliating gubbings? Nope! You can't bed in new players or show your best team off whilst getting a  cunt of a thrashing

Europa league - less dosh, but we can be competitive. We can look forward to games instead of dreading them. We can show players off to their best abilities.

Bottom line - money, or have a chance of winning games? It's the latter for me.

The Europa group in the Seville season was depressing as fuck for half of it

13 minutes ago, Jelavic191 said:

Last year of this format but all the caveats they add in for the draw with TV and pairing teams etc means you can’t even look at who PSV get and think it could have been us. 

True, but would've loved  going round the corner to Arsenal!