What is needed going forward?

gogzy

6 minutes ago, gogzy said:

That's fair mate.  I forgot the times I've seen him was not in his natural position.

It love to see the kids get more game time, but they have to be good enough or there's no point.

If they don’t get a chance, we’ll never really know.

We’re an absolute shit show for giving youth a chance/game time, and have been for years.

New GK is a priority ans possibly the hardest to address.

I'd like to see us planning for Tavs successor sooner rather than later.

Raskin and Cantwell are probably starters, do we sign Tillman? If not we need another for the middle then decide who we want to try and keep for the squad out of the other shitload we have in the Midfield.

We then pretty much, if contracts arent signed, need a while new front line.

Sakala might have a role?

I think we need at least 5 starters to get us competitive on all fronts.

Who are our assets that carry any value? Obviously releasing half a dozen would help but where we bring the money in from in player sales is concerning.

Tough summer ahead.

58 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

If they don’t get a chance, we’ll never really know.

We’re an absolute shit show for giving youth a chance/game time, and have been for years.

True.  First real gam time we gave to a kid in years and he went for 12m quid.

It should be a great revenue stream, but generally isn't.

Are we looking at Cantwell being a midfielder? If so I’m not convinced by that. I think his natural position is further forward. Maybe playing more in Kent’s role long term.

Right now he is just playing in midfield as a needs must. At least that’s the way I’m looking at it 

1 hour ago, Number5 said:

New GK is a priority ans possibly the hardest to address.

I’m not sure that it is tbh. 

Joe Hart is no world beater but he’s been more than good enough for that mob to compete at the level we are expected to compete at.

I think we could easily pluck a second or third choice from England who could come up here and do a solid job for a few years.

Strikers and a another midfielder Jacks done as is Kent as is Morelos and Roofes never going to be fit.

We maybe need to get a DOF:troll: in to fix the defence out as well as Beale seems incapable of stopping us losing easy goals.

2 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I’m not sure that it is tbh. 

Joe Hart is no world beater but he’s been more than good enough for that mob to compete at the level we are expected to compete at.

I think we could easily pluck a second or third choice from England who could come up here and do a solid job for a few years.

Dean Henderson will be on the market this summer I think, would thrive here at Ibrox.

15 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Well if that is all you can take out my post then my conclusion is valid. Take £10k from the wages if you want.

No....what I took out it was all your perceived savings on wages were pure conjecture based on what you believed McGregor was on:tu:

4 hours ago, Blues Brother said:

Are we looking at Cantwell being a midfielder? If so I’m not convinced by that. I think his natural position is further forward. Maybe playing more in Kent’s role long term.

Right now he is just playing in midfield as a needs must. At least that’s the way I’m looking at it 

Definitely in midfield longer term for me.

4 hours ago, Blues Brother said:

If Lawrence gets back to full fitness I think he will take Kent's role and get the goals we need from that position.

On 13/04/2023 at 12:12, Loyal72 said:

Rip it up start again.

Keep: Tillman, Cantwell, Raskin, Tav, Yilmaz and Goldson.

The rest of the squad needs serious rebuilding, we've gone miles past the refresh turn off.

if only that easy mate - does anyone have a breakdown on contracts and how many are actually up this summer

5 minutes ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

if only that easy mate - does anyone have a breakdown on contracts and how many are actually up this summer

McGregor

Davis

Arfield

Jack

Helander

Kent

Morelos

Wright (Keeper)

Tillman

With 1 year to go:

Barisic

McLaughlin

Roofe

Lundstram

8 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Miserable fuck aren't you? Pedants are nearly as bad as paedos.

Miserable :lol: realistic, fuck sake mate i know you spent ages typing yer post out, not my fault that you have played too much fitba manger, and I certainly wouldn't be just giving 30k a week to 5 potential new signings :tu:

4 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

McGregor

Davis

Arfield

Jack

Helander

Kent

Morelos

Wright (Keeper)

Tillman

With 1 year to go:

Barisic

McLaughlin

Roofe

Lundstram

cheers mate - that is actually better than I thought.  Apart from Tilman the rest are no great loss and fag packet calculations I'd guess the 6 above (never heard of the keeper) total about £120k a week in wages (about £6m a year?)

5 hours ago, Blues Brother said:

I reckon 8 players need to leave 

McGregor, Helander, Arfield, Davis, Kent, Morelos, Jack, Wright.

with 5 quality players coming in

Goalkeeper

2 Midfielders

1 Striker 

1 RW

you can add Matondo, Barasic, McLaughlin, Kamara and Lundstram to that list mate and possibly Sakala as well.

3 minutes ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

you can add Matondo, Barasic, McLaughlin, Kamara and Lundstram to that list mate and possibly Sakala as well.

I'd 100% keep sakala.  Fast,direct and has better numbers than Kent this season.

He is raw and makes mistakes but he is one of the few players we have willing to run at a man.

2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I'd 100% keep sakala.  Fast,direct and has better numbers than Kent this season.

He is raw and makes mistakes but he is one of the few players we have willing to run at a man.

ye why I said possibly mate - he can be effective or effing infuriating lol

meant to add - he takes running at a man literally lol

Just now, onlythestrongsurvive said:

ye why I said possibly mate - he can be effective or effing infuriating lol

Lol true. 

IMO he had improved a bunch and has a lot of room to get even better.

He clearly loves it here and he always gives his all.

He can make some really basic mistakes at time though.

I like the wee guy.

Just now, gogzy said:

Lol true. 

IMO he had improved a bunch and has a lot of room to get even better.

He clearly loves it here and he always gives his all.

He can make some really basic mistakes at time though.

I like the wee guy.

ye we all like him as he works his arse off, more can be said for some who just take the piss