What is needed going forward?

gogzy

2 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

We can’t overhaul the whole squad in one window...

Lost count of the number of times we've needed " A Complete Overhaul ™ ", but it never happens.

The hardest part will be letting go enough of those who don't contribute enough or at all.

15 minutes ago, gogzy said:

You think Devine is an able back up to Tav?

I don't remember him ever playing too well for us.  

I think bringing in someone in their early 20s with a view to taking over from Tav would be a good idea.

Really depends on our budget obviously.

Yeh I don’t have the same hopes for Devine and King as I do for Lowry. But Tav barely misses a game so probably a position we can get away with for now. See if Devine is going to step up with a few more appearances. Then sort it out next year if not

16 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I think bringing in someone in their early 20s with a view to taking over from Tav would be a good idea.

Max Johnston from Motherwell should be an obvious target, lots of European interest in him, the obvious drawback if he wants to play as many games as possible is that he has Tavernier in front of him but we could guarantee him every cup game, play him at home against the poorer sides in the league too, if you want to give a talented youth a chance a senior player is going to have to make way at some point.

37 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Yeh I don’t have the same hopes for Devine and King as I do for Lowry. But Tav barely misses a game so probably a position we can get away with for now. See if Devine is going to step up with a few more appearances. Then sort it out next year if not

Seems about right. Can't really disagree.

46 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

All three are miles below the required standard, let's be fucking brutally honest here.

If we're to compete and challenge for all the trophies in Scotland, and not embarrass ourselves in the Champions league, perform well in the Europa league etc.

Then these lads are nowhere fucking near good enough, nor will they ever be.

It's time to stop kidding on.

2 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

All three are miles below the required standard, let's be fucking brutally honest here.

If we're to compete and challenge for all the trophies in Scotland, and not embarrass ourselves in the Champions league, perform well in the Europa league etc.

Then these lads are nowhere fucking near good enough, nor will they ever be.

It's time to stop kidding on.

Fair. I think Lowry will come good though. He’s only 19 and has had a load of problems. He needs to physically develop, mature and it might be another 2-3 seasons before he breaks out when he’s 21-22. But I think he has the ability and potential to be very very good. He can already do things that a bunch of our limited midfield players could never do. 

Just now, OrangeRab said:

Fair. I think Lowry will come good though. He’s only 19 and has had a load of problems. He needs to physically develop, mature and it might be another 2-3 seasons before he breaks out when he’s 21-22. But I think he has the ability and potential to be very very good. He can already do things that a bunch of our limited midfield players could never do. 

Lowry is the best of the kids that I've seen.  3 different managers gave not given him much game time though.  I've always wondered if there's more to it than meets the eye.

Maybe he doesn't try hard enough in training?

8 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Kent's finished. Davies will be away back down south in the summer.

I don't mind Davies at all tbh, composed on the ball, bit weak for a CB but reads the game well, would happily keep him.  Kent will go somewhere and perform, has got complacent here before he is nailed on starter week in week out

Keepers:

McGregor (out of contract, don't renew, £20k wage saving)

1 McLaughlin (1 year left, sell or keep as back)

2 Mcrorie (keep as backup)

Wright (release, £5k wage saving)

Defenders:

3 - Tav (keep)

4- Ridvan (keep)

Helander (release £15k wages saved)

5 - Goldson (keep)

6 - Souttar (keep backup/rotation)

7 - Davies (keep)

9 - Devine (keep backup)

Barasic (1 year left, sell, £15k wages saved)

10 - King (keep backup)

Midfield:

11 - Lundstrum (1 year left, look to sell)

12 - Hagi (keep, noone going to buy him)

Jack - release (£15k wages saved)

Davis -  release (£15k wages saved)

13 - Cantwell (keep)

14 - Matondo (noone will buy him)

15 - Wright (keep backup)

Kamara - (sell, £15k wages saved)

Ofoboroh - (who knpws?)

Arfield - release (£10k wages saved)

16 - Raskin (keep)

17 - Lowry (keep)

Tillman - return to parent club

Forwards:

18 - Colak (keep backup)

19 - Roofe - (1 year left, ideally sell but doubt anyone will pick him up)

20 - Sakala (would like to sell but noone will buy)

Morelos - release (£30k wage saved)

Kent - release (£20k wages saved)

21 Lawrence - keep

So 21 man squad, £150k wages a week saved and possibly a fee for Barisic or Kamara.

Add,

New GK

New CM

New RW

New LW

New CF

With the wages saved we could give each £30k a week and not increase our wage bill.

36 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Keepers:

McGregor (out of contract, don't renew, £20k wage saving)

1 McLaughlin (1 year left, sell or keep as back)

2 Mcrorie (keep as backup)

Wright (release, £5k wage saving)

Defenders:

3 - Tav (keep)

4- Ridvan (keep)

Helander (release £15k wages saved)

5 - Goldson (keep)

6 - Souttar (keep backup/rotation)

7 - Davies (keep)

9 - Devine (keep backup)

Barasic (1 year left, sell, £15k wages saved)

10 - King (keep backup)

Midfield:

11 - Lundstrum (1 year left, look to sell)

12 - Hagi (keep, noone going to buy him)

Jack - release (£15k wages saved)

Davis -  release (£15k wages saved)

13 - Cantwell (keep)

14 - Matondo (noone will buy him)

15 - Wright (keep backup)

Kamara - (sell, £15k wages saved)

Ofoboroh - (who knpws?)

Arfield - release (£10k wages saved)

16 - Raskin (keep)

17 - Lowry (keep)

Tillman - return to parent club

Forwards:

18 - Colak (keep backup)

19 - Roofe - (1 year left, ideally sell but doubt anyone will pick him up)

20 - Sakala (would like to sell but noone will buy)

Morelos - release (£30k wage saved)

Kent - release (£20k wages saved)

21 Lawrence - keep

So 21 man squad, £150k wages a week saved and possibly a fee for Barisic or Kamara.

Add,

New GK

New CM

New RW

New LW

New CF

With the wages saved we could give each £30k a week and not increase our wage bill.

Do you seriously believe we are paying McGregor 20k a week at 41yrs of age?

9 hours ago, gogzy said:

The little he has played, Devine has been perfectly good.  

I'd like to see us being able to vary tactics and shape ,we are very predictable tactically and personnel wise .

4 3 3 is all very well but we've been targeted too often in the fullback area on the counter as we are reliant on the fullbacks attacking strengths and didn't compensate/cover . 

Let's face it there are no Scottish players worth signing so we are hamstrung for Europe.

If we get too many non Scots they will need to be left out of euro squads , ie  Defoe was one who was left out. I'm sure there were others. 

15 hours ago, gogzy said:

I'd like to find out . 

If Tav hadn't been injured I wonder if Nathan Patterson would just have moved on for a nominal fee instead of us picking up £12-16M .

I thought Devine did well when he stepped in for Borna and that wasn't his natural position . He's certainly worth giving a chance to instead of spending money which could be used in other areas.  

10 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

In favour of who? The players who are going to improve us aren’t at the club right now. 

Of course they are Beale just has to find a way to play them, but Beale takes the easy approach playing the same system that does not work and that's three games against them we have not won.

We are playing a striker who has one goal in ten and his heads away somewhere else and Kent's the same how can you get the best out of players not committed to our club?

He doesn't know how to use subs either.

We are seeing a real inexperience from Beale as when I saw the team sheet I knew it would be another defeat.

Our support now are getting like them under Tommy Burns just happy to say oh we were better that game as they collect the prizes.

16 minutes ago, Smile said:

Of course they are Beale just has to find a way to play them, but Beale takes the easy approach playing the same system that does not work and that's three games against them we have not won.

We are playing a striker who has one goal in ten and his heads away somewhere else and Kent's the same how can you get the best out of players not committed to our club?

He doesn't know how to use subs either.

We are seeing a real inexperience from Beale as when I saw the team sheet I knew it would be another defeat.

Our support now are getting like them under Tommy Burns just happy to say oh we were better that game as they collect the prizes.

They aren’t though. Outside of a few players who play every week anyway our squad is full of shite and the players playing now are the best we have.

Who in our squad that doesn’t play regularly right now do you think is going to make us any better than we are?

47 minutes ago, gmcf said:

I'd like to find out . 

If Tav hadn't been injured I wonder if Nathan Patterson would just have moved on for a nominal fee instead of us picking up £12-16M .

I thought Devine did well when he stepped in for Borna and that wasn't his natural position . He's certainly worth giving a chance to instead of spending money which could be used in other areas.  

That's fair mate.  I forgot the times I've seen him was not in his natural position.

It love to see the kids get more game time, but they have to be good enough or there's no point.

10 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

They aren’t though. Outside of a few players who play every week anyway our squad is full of shite and the players playing now are the best we have.

Who in our squad that doesn’t play regularly right now do you think is going to make us any better than we are?

I have thought Sakala would have made a difference against them as he's in scoring form with us and his country, and I'd also play Colak but not as he does as a right sided player or coming back he's not Morelos he's a penalty box striker.

It's common-sense really.