What is needed going forward?

gogzy

Just now, Davidorrp said:

No that was all my own doing lol.

Tav and Borna are getting on and they aren’t great defenders. Tav is definitely slowing down and Borna was never quick to start with either. Time to move on for me. Get a new younger better defending RB and make Yilmaz the new LB. Goldson was practically out the door for us in close season and I’d was ok with that. He’s probably our best defender but again prone to lapses and just feel we could get a couple of million for him and try and get a younger version in.

Davies lacks steel for me but happy to see if he adds that next season.

Kamara wants away and is still an international so sell him for as much as we can get. Lundstrum has been poor imo for a season now and has become a slow square ball midfielder. Last year of contract as well, so move on hopefully to a championship team for a couple of Million. Wright is a bit part player so just sell for whatever and Roofe again down to last year and will probably spend most of that on treatment table so move on for some Ginger bottles and lucky dip bags.

And not a beer has passed my lips yet 😜

The point I'm making is you want to sell those players you mentioned - who the fuck would buy any of them - oh maybe Nottingham Forest 

1 minute ago, Lord Lockin said:

The point I'm making is you want to sell those players you mentioned - who the fuck would buy any of them - oh maybe Nottingham Forest 

Well that is the risk. And I’d not be expecting huge sums for them maybe a million or two for the likes of Tav, Goldson and Lundstrum. And take  anything for Roofe but they would hopefully interest some teams in championship. Kamara would hopefully still be of interest to some teams in Europe and perhaps lower premiership teams. He’d hopefully still go for £4-5 million. Hagi possible £2-3 million purely in name value. Wright to be fair we’d probably take very little on.

I’d not be upset  if Goldson stayed to be honest as he’s still one of the best defenders in league. But just not that fussed for rest. Thank them for their service some of which is very good. But time to move on.

24 minutes ago, Davidorrp said:

I just think it’s an area we don’t have to fix right away, especially if money may be tight. Other areas need investment more. I think Mclaughlan has  generally been decent for us with the odd howler, which McGregor is capable of doing as well. And his distribution with his ball at feet is better than Mcgregors. McRorie apart from what 2 or 3 games is almost completely an unknown. 

id be fairly comfortable giving Mclaughlan the nod for next season with McRorie as backup. Save money for other parts of team.

‘Fairly comfortable’ with ‘decent for us with the odd howler?’

No one else is.

14 minutes ago, Davidorrp said:

Goldson was practically out the door for us in close season and I’d was ok with that. He’s probably our best defender but again prone to lapses and just feel we could get a couple of million for him and try and get a younger version

He was available for nothing last year, why would someone suddenly pay millions for him? 

54 minutes ago, murzo said:

Why, is he not due a chance to show what he’s got?

Yes he is. Its absolutely mental to want rid of him. He has had horrendous luck with fitness this season, but he hasnt been alone. He played plenty football before us without having any injury of note.

6 minutes ago, rangersross said:

We need 5+ but I think an improved keeper, centre back, and striker would immediately make quite a significant difference. If we just had Morelos and McGregor back to 2020/21 levels, I think we would’ve beaten the filth in the last two games. 

Absolutely. Keeper would install some confidence in our defence and a striker if lethal would put most games to bed early doors as we are simply not clinical enough. 3 quality additions would probably transform this team.

Tav and Goldson just signed new 4-year contracts this year, they're not going anywhere. It's not even worth discussing.

We need a goalkeeper, centre back, centre mid, left winger and striker. That's what I'd expect the priorities to be in the summer.

We also need a right winger, but I think that will depend on outgoings as we already have about 4-5 options there.

1 hour ago, Davidorrp said:

I just think it’s an area we don’t have to fix right away, especially if money may be tight. Other areas need investment more. I think Mclaughlan has  generally been decent for us with the odd howler, which McGregor is capable of doing as well. And his distribution with his ball at feet is better than Mcgregors. McRorie apart from what 2 or 3 games is almost completely an unknown. 

id be fairly comfortable giving Mclaughlan the nod for next season with McRorie as backup. Save money for other parts of team.

This is a terrible take.

You want a 36-year-old goalkeeper who hasn't been good enough to be number one for 3 years, was given his chance and then quickly dropped for being rubbish, to be our number one next season with our backup being a guy who has played one game of football in 2 years?

Signing a new goalkeeper should be our number one priority over any other position in the squad.

31 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I thought he was good too. Though just saw the highlights there and he should have done better with the header at their 2nd.

He is definitely still a shade off the pace but overall I thought he done well.  Another game or two without injury and he could easily become a starter.

3 hours ago, WilliamMunny said:

Cunts saying we need an overhaul, thats just no gonna happen. 4 or 5 quality starters can make all the difference.

It needs to happen though. Bare minimum of a starting GK, CB, CM, LW, RW and ST. There isn't a single forward at the club that is good enough to regularly start in a title winning side. Other than Cantwell and Raskin our midfielders are beyond average. Goldson is the only CB good enough to regularly start and even he has his flaws. Goalkeeper speaks for itself.

That is before you consider that half our bench is either pish, shitebags or injury prone. I'd have McGregor, McLaughlin, Helander, Davies, Lundstram, Kamara, Davis, Arfield, Roofe, Morelos, Kent and Wright as definites to leave and that isn't even being harsh. 12 players right off the bat.

5 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

It needs to happen though. Bare minimum of a starting GK, CB, CM, LW, RW and ST. There isn't a single forward at the club that is good enough to regularly start in a title winning side. Other than Cantwell and Raskin our midfielders are beyond average. Goldson is the only CB good enough to regularly start and even he has his flaws. Goalkeeper speaks for itself.

That is before you consider that half our bench is either pish, shitebags or injury prone. I'd have McGregor, McLaughlin, Helander, Davies, Lundstram, Kamara, Davis, Arfield, Roofe, Morelos, Kent and Wright as definites to leave and that isn't even being harsh. 12 players right off the bat.

I think we’ll get good quality / big salary replacements for Morelos, Kent, and Helander. Less confident in us finding a true Rangers #1 but we’ll definitely get an upgrade on current McGregor. I’d really like another quality striker but doubt we can afford to when Roofe is still earning one of our bigger salaries (and almost no chance we manage to get rid this summer). Could see us selling Colak and getting a new 3rd choice striker. I think the other new players will be squad players / gambles but that doesn’t mean they can’t still be upgrades on current season Davis, Arfield, etc. The rest of the additions will depend on how successful we are at getting rid of Kamara, Lundstram, and Davies for decent money. 

The “clear out” reality is

Mcgregor and Davis retiire

Morelos and Kent go for free

Helander Jack and Arfield sign on 

We buy Tillman

Roofe, Barasic moved on (last year of their contract)

and we also try and sell Wright and Kamara 

so eight possibly leaving. 

I’m also up for a few others to be moved on but that’s not happening.