What is needed going forward?

gogzy

Hopefully no extensions Everyone that’s due to leave should be away include Roofe, Wright, Matondo, Davies & Kamara in that list as well. Ideally I would like to see 2 CM’s, A Striker, A Winger, 2CB’s, New GK & a RB will we see that many incomings ? Doubt it.

Release all out of contract players. 

Sell - Tav, Borna, Possibly Goldson & Davies,  Lundstrum, Kamara, Hagi, Wright and Roofe to raise funds. 

Team:-

Keepers- McLaughlin, McRorie( don’t see need to buy new one, just pick one of these as No 1 and go with it). 

Defenders - New RB, 2 new CHs if Goldson & Davies sold. Souttar, , Yilmaz, Devine, King (send out on loan) new backup LB. 

Midfield - New box to box midfielder, Raskin, Lawrence, Tillman, Cantwell, Matondo, Lowry and couple of promoted Youths.

Strikers - Sakala, + 2  new strikers. 

kind of brutal but think we really need a bit of a clear out and reset. 

9 minutes ago, Davidorrp said:

Sell - Tav, Borna, Possibly Goldson & Davies,  Lundstrum, Kamara, Hagi, Wright and Roofe to raise funds. 

Keepers- McLaughlin, McRorie( don’t see need to buy new one, just pick one of these as No 1 and go with it). 

Defenders - New RB, 2 new CHs if Goldson & Davies sold. Souttar, , Yilmaz, Devine, King (send out on loan) new backup LB. 

Midfield - New box to box midfielder, Raskin, Lawrence, Tillman, Cantwell, Matondo, Lowry and couple of promoted Youths.

You Ok mate?

14 minutes ago, Davidorrp said:

You don’t see the need to buy a new keeper? Really? I think just about everyone knows McLaughlin isn’t good enough, and McCrorie clearly won’t be given a chance before the end of the season. So, I’m not sure ‘just pick one of these’ will do.

25 minutes ago, Davidorrp said:

Its no football manager ya fucking gobble rash ffs

Davies is the flavour of the week to punt on here it would appear.

I don't get the rush to send Barisic packing. He is having a steady season and leads the team in assists.

For me, I want rid of Lundstram, Ridvan, McGregor, Davis & Roofe. Kamara's days are numbered and we will get a fee for him, so he goes.

I'm still up in the air with Kent & Morelos and I give Jack a one-year contract.

Build the team around Goldson, Cantwell, Raskin, Tillman & Lawrence. That means a lot of work to be done. 

3 minutes ago, Steelydan1690 said:

Its no football manager ya fucking gobble rash ffs

Go on then give me your far superior opinion! Tell me whats exactly is wrong with any of what I said, which pretty much mirrors what most have said on previous pages. Google rash did make me laugh tho!

12 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I don't get the rush to send Barisic packing. He is having a steady season and leads the team in assists.

For me, I want rid of Lundstram, Ridvan, McGregor, Davis & Roofe. Kamara's days are numbered and we will get a fee for him, so he goes.

I'm still up in the air with Kent & Morelos and I give Jack a one-year contract.

Build the team around Goldson, Cantwell, Raskin, Tillman & Lawrence. That means a lot of work to be done. 

Barisic is awful.

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

See, I just don't get that.

He's a poor defender. Going forward he loves to stop and play the ball backwards. His corners today were grim.

Decent free kick for Sakalas goal.

When was he last motm or even just the best player in our team? Can't even remember tbh.

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I think Davies is generally decent but just lacks that wee bit of steel to take him up a level. I’d hope we see a bit more of that in his game next season. Barasic is having a decent season, but can still revert to type at times and like Tav on the other side isn’t a great defender. Plus we spent supposedly £4 million in Yilmaz, so need to start playing the boy and see if he’s worth it if we ever hope to recoup that money or more. 

If we can get anything for Tav and Borna I’d take it, as both aren’t getting any younger and in Tavs case imo is getting slower as well. I’d consider punting Goldson as well for same reasons tbh and try to get a couple of million from a championship side. And see if we can get a younger version in there. It could be Souttar If he can avoid any more injuries but jury is still out with him and I’m not convinced myself he could be as good as Goldson.

Lundstrum should be sold for hopefully a couple,of million again for maybe a championship side. Kamara as well.

I’d just let Kent and a Morelos go. They aren’t showing anything in their performances that make me think they are busting a gut to stay. It’s time to move on. 

Id agree with Building team around Cantwill, Raskin, Tillman(if we can get him) and Lawrence. As you say, a lot of work to be done.

21 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Why, is he not due a chance to show what he’s got?

51 minutes ago, Davidorrp said:

You drunk 

31 minutes ago, left winger said:

You don’t see the need to buy a new keeper? Really? I think just about everyone knows McLaughlin isn’t good enough, and McCrorie clearly won’t be given a chance before the end of the season. So, I’m not sure ‘just pick one of these’ will do.

I just think it’s an area we don’t have to fix right away, especially if money may be tight. Other areas need investment more. I think Mclaughlan has  generally been decent for us with the odd howler, which McGregor is capable of doing as well. And his distribution with his ball at feet is better than Mcgregors. McRorie apart from what 2 or 3 games is almost completely an unknown. 

id be fairly comfortable giving Mclaughlan the nod for next season with McRorie as backup. Save money for other parts of team.

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He's a poor defender. Going forward he loves to stop and play the ball backwards. His corners today were grim.

Decent free kick for Sakalas goal.

When was he last motm or even just the best player in our team? Can't even remember tbh.

and yet, his counterpart on the other side gave the ball away at least ten times with misplaced passes. Not to mention his 14th missed penalty.

But all I keep reading is Borna is shite.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

and yet, his counterpart on the other side gave the ball away at least ten times with misplaced passes. Not to mention his 14th missed penalty.

Have to agree with this, Tav is just as guilty of passing ball back or losing it cheaply as Borna is. Borna is having a better season for me than Tav is this year. 

59 minutes ago, Davidorrp said:

That's honestly fucking mental 

1 minute ago, Lord Lockin said:

:lol: well who ever put your post on about selling is.

No that was all my own doing lol.

Tav and Borna are getting on and they aren’t great defenders. Tav is definitely slowing down and Borna was never quick to start with either. Time to move on for me. Get a new younger better defending RB and make Yilmaz the new LB. Goldson was practically out the door for us in close season and I’d was ok with that. He’s probably our best defender but again prone to lapses and just feel we could get a couple of million for him and try and get a younger version in.

Davies lacks steel for me but happy to see if he adds that next season.

Kamara wants away and is still an international so sell him for as much as we can get. Lundstrum has been poor imo for a season now and has become a slow square ball midfielder. Last year of contract as well, so move on hopefully to a championship team for a couple of Million. Wright is a bit part player so just sell for whatever and Roofe again down to last year and will probably spend most of that on treatment table so move on for some Ginger bottles and lucky dip bags.

And not a beer has passed my lips yet 😜

1 hour ago, Davidorrp said:

Drunk.

11 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Tav was stinking today. I mentioned on another thread about his 6 misplaced passes in the first 20 mins.

But he's dug out holes plenty times, rarely hides, and his instinct is to go forward. Of the 2 he's miles better than Borna.who is also a bit of a shitebag.