What is needed going forward?

gogzy

11 minutes ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

A lot of the players sounds about 5 or 6 to me - Wouldnt mind that Chair boy at QPR, supposedly only on about £7k a week so could see him force a move through

Expecting Chair but get Balogun

Expecting Archer but get Dykes

:lol:

2 hours ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

you can add Matondo, Barasic, McLaughlin, Kamara and Lundstram to that list mate and possibly Sakala as well.

Agreed, I didn’t include them as you need a 3rd party to get them out. I only included the ones easiest to move out. 

10 hours ago, gogzy said:

That's fair mate.  I forgot the times I've seen him was not in his natural position.

It love to see the kids get more game time, but they have to be good enough or there's no point.

Cant be any worse playing fredo the frog and his partner in crime stats kent.

I can see us going back in for Whittaker this summer, not even been on the bench the last couple games for Swansea. Their fans seem a bit baffled why Russell Martin can't use him properly, keeps playing him as a CF yet his best spell at Plymouth was as either an RW or AM. 

Can see us trying for Willock as well who has went off the boil at QPR since Beale left but was doing pretty well. I'd say the same for Chair but he is probably outwith our budget, whereas Willock has a year on his contract. 

2 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Think the obvious one is “hunners o money” 

Lol that's my worry.

It's all fine and good talking about what we need.  I have no real idea what we can afford.  That's going to be one of the main factors going into the summer.

Just now, gogzy said:

Lol that's my worry.

It's all fine and good talking about what we need.  I have no real idea what we can afford.  That's going to be one of the main factors going into the summer.

I doubt we’ve got anything like what we need Gogzy mate so it’s going to take some wheeling and dealing. Sadly, as we’ve seen with some of the squad, when you shop in a particular market, you don’t get the quality you ultimately need all round. I hope I’m wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

I doubt we’ve got anything like what we need Gogzy mate so it’s going to take some wheeling and dealing. Sadly, as we’ve seen with some of the squad, when you shop in a particular market, you don’t get the quality you ultimately need all round. I hope I’m wrong. 

I think many are going to be dissapointed in the summer to an extent.  I don't see how we afford a huge rebuild, especially bringing in real quality players.

I think we will continue to fish around in the free transfer market, which is very hit or miss.  Then again we spent millions on guys like matondo, so spending money isn't a guarentee either.

6 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I think many are going to be dissapointed in the summer to an extent.  I don't see how we afford a huge rebuild, especially bringing in real quality players.

I think we will continue to fish around in the free transfer market, which is very hit or miss.  Then again we spent millions on guys like matondo, so spending money isn't a guarentee either.

And that’s why, personally speaking, I don’t think we can afford to pay what it’ll take for Tillman, I think that money needs spread a bit wider or on a CF. 

Scary when you think what we spent on Matondo, Davies and Yilmaz; absolutely wasted. 

7 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

And that’s why, personally speaking, I don’t think we can afford to pay what it’ll take for Tillman, I think that money needs spread a bit wider or on a CF. 

Scary when you think what we spent on Matondo, Davies and Yilmaz; absolutely wasted. 

I'm hoping we had already budgeted for Tillman.

I honestly think we could easily double out money in a year with him.  Sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate lol.

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

I'm hoping we had already budgeted for Tillman.

I honestly think we could easily double out money in a year with him.  Sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate lol.

Obviously an entirely different story if it’s already set aside, if it isn’t, already  small budget probably gets swallowed up. Slightly fearful when we need a gutting of the squad that we just don’t have the money for it. 

1 minute ago, Moody Blue said:

Obviously an entirely different story if it’s already set aside, if it isn’t, already  small budget probably gets swallowed up. Slightly fearful when we need a gutting of the squad that we just don’t have the money for it. 

It's a tough one.  He is a classy player who will almost certainly make us profit.  

I agree that we can't spunk most of the budget on him though.

Starting at the back then Mcgregor , souter and Barasic can go .

Try get good money for Kamara and Hagi . Sell Wright and Lundstram. Matondo we will have to take a massive hit on 

Kent and morelos away and I don't think beale fancies Colak so could see him sold . 

Seems to think this opp could sort Roofe out so here's hoping .

Love Sakala but he's like Ted McMinn but  he needs to chill and he could be a good player .. 

On 13/04/2023 at 22:01, Smile said:

Beale has to start changing the team and grow a backbone and bin his favourites who are not doing it, has he got the balls to do it we will see.

Has to be done, if we don't know what our youth can do then we don't know what we've got.

If we don't know what we've got, we can't possibly know what we need.

15 minutes ago, RoboBearToo said:

Has to be done, if we don't know what our youth can do then we don't know what we've got.

If we don't know what we've got, we can't possibly know what we need.

Who should he be playing instead, exactly?

Our bench last week was Sakala, Colak, Wright, Lundstram, Hagi, Kamara, Arfield, Yilmaz, McLaughlin. All of them have had plenty of gametime.

King is injured and Lowry isn't ready to play. 

Throwing random youth players they don't think are ready into the first team can be more detrimental than beneficial.