General Transfer Talk

Broxi

18 minutes ago, Broxi said:

I see Romano mentioned The 4th Official in his tweet though, suggesting he's reporting what they're saying rather than what he's saying himself. Although I assume he wouldn't tweet it if he didn't have confidence in it, might just be sort of "as first reported by.."

The 4th Official’s tweet thanks Romano for his “help”, which suggests he actually contributed to it and isn’t just parroting it.

3 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

The 4th Official’s tweet thanks Romano for his “help”, which suggests he actually contributed to it and isn’t just parroting it.

Sounds promising then

I do find it a little odd how often those two seem to collaborate/mention each other. Fabrizio is the biggest football reporter in the world, why is he buddy buddy with a random Rangers fan site? Don't see him mention other accounts specific to other clubs or maybe I just don't notice 

3 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Sounds promising then

I do find it a little odd how often those two seem to collaborate/mention each other. Fabrizio is the biggest football reporter in the world, why is he buddy buddy with a random Rangers fan site? Don't see him mention other accounts specific to other clubs or maybe I just don't notice 

I think that’s how that Fabrizio works. Obviously he gets his own stuff but cos he seems to be the transfer guru on twitter other reporters basically pass on the info to him so he can spread it to a bigger audience.

2 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

our loyal fan base hate on our own, it’s been happening for the worst all season 

there is warranted criticism for some but so much is ott

So if you criticise a player for application, control, tackles, passing or general ability you therefore “Hate” them?

Some leap BR. 

9 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Sounds promising then

I didn’t realise they actually cover a lot of other stuff outwith Rangers, according to LinkedIn they’re India-based and the vast majority of their employees/columnists are Indian.

Can only assume they’ve made a connection with Romano at some point previously.

20 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Just seen Bradley Dack is leaving Blackburn on a free. Looked quality for a while but injuries have slowed him the last couple of years. Great finisher, though. 

absolutely class player but two fucked cruciates is definitely off putting. would probably take him over a dowell but i guess tbf they are different kinds of players.

1 minute ago, Bronzy said:

I didn’t realise they actually cover a lot of other stuff outwith Rangers, according to LinkedIn they’re India-based and the vast majority of their employees/columnists are Indian.

Can only assume they’ve made a connection with Romano at some point previously.

From what I've heard it used to be a generic football account and then someone bought it over and it's since become more Rangers focussed. I know it's not "supposed" to be a Rangers account but it does seem heavily focussed on us. Didn't know the stuff about India though. 

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

From what I've heard it used to be a generic football account and then someone bought it over and it's since become more Rangers focussed. I know it's not "supposed" to be a Rangers account but it does seem heavily focussed on us. Didn't know the stuff about India though. 

Their website covers a lot of other football and Rangers is barely even noticeable when you go on it, yet their Twitter account only ever seems to tweet about us, bizarre.

https://the4thofficial.net

1 hour ago, OrangeRab said:

This is the mistake you’re making. Just because it wasn’t an obvious fuck up, doesn’t mean we aren’t conceding goals that a competent mobile keeper would save.

Again I just point out the stats because it really shows this. We’ve conceded 57% of our goals from inside the 6 yard box since the league cup final. The average is 22%. That’s pretty damning evidence that you have a keeper that can’t get off his line. This isn’t fucking normal for teams to float diddy balls into the box or over the top and have tap ins from 2 yards out. Some gk come and collect, punch or narrow the space. Joe Hart punched one on the fucking penalty box at Hampden and you’re telling me we can’t find a keeper that can at least get one yard off his line. I’m sorry McCrorie is streets ahead of McGregor.

I think Oh probably scores the one he hit the post if against McGregor. Even with slipping look how much he closes down the space. 

This is before you get on to how much better our press is with a gk that can sweep. How much more confident and less panicky the defence looks knowing they have a gk that can bail them out if they don’t quite hit a pass correctly etc. (Like Souttar)

6B85236C-32AE-4712-A370-6AE9189CBADB.jpeg

EDF94253-545A-4BCF-9661-81E231DFDF03.png

Fucking hell % and photos now 

1 minute ago, Bronzy said:

Their website covers a lot of other football and Rangers is barely even noticeable when you go on it, yet their Twitter account only ever seems to tweet about us, bizarre.

https://the4thofficial.net

Yeah that is pretty weird. Tbh I thought it was just a guy with a twitter account and a patreon page, didn't realise it was a big website etc

Just now, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

@Loyal72 is the expert on that account.

So he is, remember that now:lol:

14 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Fucking hell % and photos now 

percentage

/pəˈsɛntɪdʒ/

noun

a rate, number, or amount in each hundred.

"the percentage of Caesareans at the hospital was three per cent higher than the national average"

Let me know if it still doesn’t make sense 

21 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

So if you criticise a player for application, control, tackles, passing or general ability you therefore “Hate” them?

Some leap BR. 

It’s not some jump as I did say some criticism is warranted, are you saying you’ve seen no hating on our players?