General Transfer Talk

Broxi

3 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

For what? Just spending in general? 

Yeah I know the budget had already been signed off on but with recent developments we could have a big chance to do something long lasting this window if we have room to stretch.

12 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Yeah I know the budget had already been signed off on but with recent developments we could have a big chance to do something long lasting this window if we have room to stretch.

What do you mean by recent developments? 

27 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

The danger is that guys like Barisic, Kamara etc don’t sell until very late in the window and we’ve missed the boat on some targets.

Assuming Butland and Cifuentes go through, Beale will have built half a team (if you add Raskin, Cantwell, Dowell, Sterling) for very little money.

Hopefully that means a bigger budget for the three forwards we need.

Would also like to see a promising young Scottish player join us just for a sense of balance and identity. Johnston from Motherwell would have been ideal but the Sterling deal rules that out.

The Villa kid looks class to be fair - again, just going by YT so I know that’s not necessarily accurate.

Waiting on any left wing replacement rumours, hopefully someone good lined up that’s preferably a dribbler who can score. Not sure Palma looks technically that good so hoping Beale has someone better in mind.

7 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

The Villa kid looks class to be fair - again, just going by YT so I know that’s not necessarily accurate.

Waiting on any left wing replacement rumours, hopefully someone good lined up that’s preferably a dribbler who can score. Not sure Palma looks technically that good so hoping Beale has someone better in mind.

Really no into this but fae the Greek club at all, screams disaster to me 

4 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

At his best I can’t think of many teams Kamara wouldn’t be able to slot into and give a good account of himself. Tidy player who can create space and keep possession. Problem is that he seems to have given up trying. We need to sell him because I don’t think he’s turning it round here but wouldn’t be surprised if whoever signed him got a bargain. 

He's a good player when he can be bothered.

All transfers these days are split over years. We are probably due another chunk soon for Bassey, Paterson, and Aribo. 

That forms the basis for a 15M+ spend. That amount over 3/4 years is tops 5M per year.

Not forgetting that we have already wiped out close to 100k per week in wages then come the window opening Beale knows he money to spend. He has already shown that he has an eye for a player so I see no reason to doubt that he will spend it wisely.

24 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Be surprised if that’s the case tbh. 

Seems likely now, very quiet and not a coincidence tht waiting till next week til after cup final, 

My only doubt is he seems a bit of a one trick pony and Beale has started to suss him out. 

Very similar to Gerrard n fucked off when he was starting to get found out

54 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

YT videos are lethal mate, I'm sure someone could knock together a 5 minute video of all Sakalas best bits this season.....the fact he would have played about 2500 minutes goes unnoticed :lol:

2 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Mate nobody is paying £6 million for Kamara based on the season he has just had, if we get £2/3 million it will be a result, unfortunately Kamaras stock was at it's highest after the Euros, he has somewhat fell off a cliff from the summer of 2021.....even at 3mill it isn't the worst return for a 50k signing 

Agreed, whatever we make is good profit. Guess we'll see!

10 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Tim Iroegbunam. I think I would prefer him to Cifuentes even though he would only be a loanee. I imagine it's one or the other and not both.

Cheers mate.

Looks good on YouTube (I know, I know) and he reminds me of Tillman when he’s in the mood.

The fact that Beale knows him might just make for lazy journalism but, if there’s genuinely a deal to be done, I wouldn’t complain.