General Transfer Talk

Broxi

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

We’re understandably focusing on the clearout needed this year but the players out of contract next summer need to be addressed too.

Not sure which players this concerns but Beale needs to decide if they are Keep or Sell.

If they are Keep, get their contract extended now or, if they decline, get them sold while they still have a value to avoid the Kent/Morelos fuck-up.

Lundstram and Roofe out the door ideally I’d extend Borna but only as a back up/rotation option 

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

We’re understandably focusing on the clearout needed this year but the players out of contract next summer need to be addressed too.

Not sure which players this concerns but Beale needs to decide if they are Keep or Sell.

If they are Keep, get their contract extended now or, if they decline, get them sold while they still have a value to avoid the Kent/Morelos fuck-up.

Sell them if possible, if not let their deals expire. Roofe is a busted flush. Lundstram doesn’t provide any value for money and Barisic is a constant in a defence which is crying out for a freshen up who will be 31 when his deal ends next summer.

6 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Sell them if possible, if not let their deals expire. Roofe is a busted flush. Lundstram doesn’t provide any value for money and Barisic is a constant in a defence which is crying out for a freshen up who will be 31 when his deal ends next summer.

If they expire summer ‘24, then extend the good guys and get what we can for the duds.

And if the good guys won’t extend, then sell them too.

Morelos and Kent drifting out of contract has cost us millions.

2 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Lundstram Roofe Barisic McLaughlin

I'd sell all 4 if possible.

If our medical department really do think that this surgery will alleviate Roofe’s problems. I think you keep him.

If he stays fit he is the type of striker that could be the difference between us winning the league. A fully fit Roofe playing week in week out. He would be that important. 

Problem is how can Beale have any confidence in our department to make that call. 

Players under contract to sell -

Davies, Lundstram, Barisic, Kamara and Hagi.

In reality bids should be welcomed for all players bar Raskin and Cantwell.

OOC players -  All should go but would accept Jack staying on a reduced deal.

3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Had a good game at Anfield, had a good game against the Sheep after his early mistake. To say he’s done nothing is just fucking stupid 

We winning nothing with him starting or 3rd choice. Harsh maybe as he’s young, but that’s my take on it. He isn’t ready. 

4 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

If our medical department really do think that this surgery will alleviate Roofe’s problems. I think you keep him.

If he stays fit he is the type of striker that could be the difference between us winning the league. A fully fit Roofe playing week in week out. He would be that important. 

Problem is how can Beale have any confidence in our department to make that call. 

Roofe would challenge ANY medical department 

needs moved on

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Roofe would challenge ANY medical department 

needs moved on

Yeh fair. Just think he’s the one player that would be worth the gamble. I think the step up between a fit and firing Roofe and Colak is big enough to justify the gamble. Potentially league deciding.

Nobody else I’d take that risk on.

26 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

We winning nothing with him starting or 3rd choice. Harsh maybe as he’s young, but that’s my take on it. He isn’t ready. 

He isn't ready. That's kinda the point. It doesn't mean that he won't progress to the standard we require. The fact that he was actually getting a game at his age at the level he was tells you more about his potential compared with all the other 18 year olds across all teams who don't get to pull their boots on for the first team. 

24 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Yeh fair. Just think he’s the one player that would be worth the gamble. I think the step up between a fit and firing Roofe and Colak is big enough to justify the gamble. Potentially league deciding.

Nobody else I’d take that risk on.

He’s also nearly 31yr old. Injury problems will take longer to recover

nah he’s done little to warrant being kept 

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

He’s also nearly 31yr old. Injury problems will take longer to recover

nah he’s done little to warrant being kept 

His goals. Over the last 3 seasons he’s averaging 1 goal every 100 minutes vs 1 goal every 150 for Morelos. Colak is 1 for every 130.

That’s an extra 10 goals over a season if he played every game vs the average of Morelos or Colak. That’s worth about 6 points. 

Again down to the medical staff. But if they really believe (as they are saying) that this surgery will prevent reoccurring injury. It’s worth the gamble for me. 

He’s probably the only one I’d make that gamble for. Someone like Jack is much more replaceable and isn’t going to have the same impact vs his replacement

4 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

He’s a big fairy scared to head a ball incase he messes his hair up we need much better. 

Disagree. Obviously made a cunt of it v celtic, but he’s constantly heading the ball.  In fact I’d say it was one of his main attributes. He’s generally very good at directing balls to team mates with his head when teams launch it forward. Might not be a towering presence who clatters through anything on his way to the ball in the penalty area (ala  Souttar when he had an arse of the 2nd goal v St Mirren) but that doesn’t make him a bad player. He suits playing alongside Goldson IMO.

31 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Best we can hope for is some club in England to take him on loan at minimal cost to then while we pick up the majority of his wages. 

Is that worth it to us? Is not having Roofe and paying £20k a week better than having him and paying £25k a week? (Just throwing out numbers)